How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2010
fashion insider

Stannerlove: I love your hair! I've always dreamed of having curly hair, and yours is just thick and long! (sorry I only had compliments, nothing to propose. ' )

Imelanie: Haha!! That's radical! I shaved off some three years ago, but not like alice, more like Freja in one of the Chloe ads.

Papa_levante: You look like Lily Aldrige in that picture! Very nice two tone too

I'm known as hair rec. I always used to cut it myself or dye it, and I always regretted it. I've been good I got my hair cut friday at the hair salon, but I still have my stupid color I did last year that is taking the longest time to go away!!

So I'm wondering do you guys have any suggestions as to a color I should try, or a way to get ride of my tips?
(by the way my hair is cut in an angled long bob )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Me.jpg (103.4 KB, 10 views)

15-09-2010
Riot Bug

From my messy bleached hair

to this... two tone... i guess longer...

madewell.com

scenester

ediewho - wow your hair is very beautiful and compliments your face!

I have personally been fighting a war in my head wether or not to get bangs.
My forehead is small so I am afraid of looking as if my head is smashed together.
I know I could just ask a hairdresser wether or not it would suit me, BUT I like to make up my own mind in peace.
Which brings me to my question - is there any way of knowing wether or not to get bangs? Like tricks? Or a way you could style your hair to give the illusion of bangs?

Forgive me - I'm at a complete loss when it comes to everything hair.

30-09-2010
What fresh hell is this.?

I wa at the hairdresser today and I took a rather impulsive decision. I had just planned on getting my hair trimmed and thinned out a bit. But as I sat in the chair I for some reason asked my hairdresser to give me a long page, just beneath the shoulders. my hair haven't been this short in years. But it's alright I think. I just want it to grow about an inch and then I'll be happy I think
My hair has never looked healthier though - so quite pleased with that...

front row

Yesterday I got my hair cut short (a bit longer than Emma Watson) and I love it. But still it's weird that there is no hair over my ears any longer. Guess it will take some days to really get used to it.

04-10-2010
Riot Bug

cattelia thanks!!
my forehead is not too big either and my current hairdresser is kinda against it... like i should it weir it kinda long/one side type... (this is kinda like my messy being than actually what intend or not... but he insists i should wear it like that) Despite all of that i being on bangs now and then more or less dramatically... i mean u can get them from really back of your head so theres like a lot of fringe hair.... actually not recommended... or try a messy Anita Pallenberg type... thats my choice... but yeeeh... i have no idea myself... not been to the hairdresser yet cause im totally undecided... even thinking bout going brunette or i actually dont have a clue...
Prob an stylish would recommend u a long type side fringe kind of for a short forehead..

Tinetush and smk1507 i remember when i had my hair really short i was a bit freak out and unsure at first with it but it really saved time to style it!! I remember i didn't enjoy it properly... now i see pics i am like wooo that was cooler that i felt when i had it

trendsetter

I have an appointment to dye my hair on monday, but still not sure what I want.
I'm a natural blonde, with pale skin and blue eyes. I'm thinking some dark blonde, light brownish shade, like Abbey Lee's hair before she peroxined it .

abbeyleekershaw.net

Or something darker like Freja's in this pic:

zimbio

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 05-10-2010 at 06:15 PM.
13-10-2010
Riot Bug

^I love both colours... I think your eye color will be more remarkable with a darker hair colour and with a light base you can pretty much choose whatever you want

...I'm TOTALLY delaying this hairdresser appointment (because of being undecided) which makes my hair look a total mess... I guess next week will be...
I was thinking about keeping it blond or go back light brunette and honestly...after hearing what everybody nearby me say like: "this is nicer to you", "noooo its this"
i think im gonna choose the healthiest one choice whatever it might be... yeah i guess im gonna stick with my many weeks ago colour choice...

backstage pass

Thinking about getting some cute side bangs a la Alexa Chung or Michelle Williams, more suble than full on bangs, and they still hide my massive forehead!

Ohhh and I would love to add some layers but are they more difficult to deal with really thick hair? Still pondering....

18-10-2010
backstage pass

^ Booked my appointment! I love getting my hair done and the excitement of a new change

19-10-2010
V.I.P.

I'm still not entirely decided on what I'll do to my hair next. All I know is that I will finally give in and get lavender hair because I'm so in love with it. I'm not sure if I will go peroxide blonde and put lavender all over it or put in some streaks or if I'll go for something like Karlie has it in this ed:

picsandmodels.blogspot.com

But I'm really tempted to go peroxide blonde and put in all kinds of different pastel colors (NOT at once, though):

weheartit

The only problem is, that my hair looks like this at the moment:

my photo

I will probably have to wait until all the purple has faded or I'll just go for a purple hair + lavender streaks look, which could be fun, too

19-10-2010
fashion insider

seeing the alexander wang pics of abbey lee makes me want that color!
The thing is I colored my hair trying to get my natural color back but it went darker and has red highlights for some reason, so I dont know how that would work. Plus I'm trying to go low maintenance with my hair, and I'd probably get drastic roots after a few weeks..?

trendsetter

Because my dye job last week was a total disaster, perfect on day one but already faded a lot and dirty blonde now, I'm going back on thursday. I hope this will finally give me what I want, because everytime I've dyed my hair it's gone after just a few washes .

20-10-2010
front row

growing bangs out growing bangs out growing bangs out... ugh. it's so boring! When they are long enough in 2-3 months I'll get it cut like Anouck Lepere's hair here.
It's not an obvious "style", but after years of pixie cuts, bowl cuts, halo cuts and so on, it's just what I need
pics:coutequecoute.blogspot.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mccartneyresort201003.jpg (33.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg mccartneyresort201008.jpg (39.2 KB, 22 views)

What fresh hell is this.?

^her hair looks great! I love that slightly messy look
It actually looks a bit like mine atm.

Edie, my hair is actually harder to style now that it's shorter. Though that's mostly because when it was long I could easily bring out my natural curls. That's harder now, so I basically have to blow dry or straighten it if I want to let it hang. Before I could easily let it air dry and let that be it. - But it has gotten way easier to blow dry and straighten it than before. So I'm okay with it. I just need some heat protective products as I didn't use any before.

Last edited by Tinetush; 20-10-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair