How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-04-2011
rising star

Okay, so I made the mistake of impulsively self-colouring my hair on Monday afternoon.

Back story:
I had my hair bleached in early December (2010) from a dark blond to basically peroxide.
Then in February-ish I had it coloured a dark red/brown which faded to blond again (through the bleach). Then a few days ago I dyed it blue-black, for reasons not known to me.

Fact of the matter is I look like a moron and need to solve this problem. I am getting my hair cut in a few days, so that will help solve the matter dramatically but how long should I wait and even if I can bleach it after this? HELP.

27-04-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by voycik View Post
HELP.

Don't bleach it. Or at least, try to hold off doing anything color-related as long as you can bear to, for the sake of your hair. Frequent trims, and deep condition with coconut oil.

27-04-2011
Making a Mess

Continuing to grow it out (still, ugh). Then when its at the right length I will get layers cut into the front and am going to try out hot rollers. My hope is to achieve something that looks like this:

Picture 1.png

screencap thumbalins via youtube.com

Doesn't she have the most perfect hair. I wish I could style my hair like this now.

trendsetter

I am growing my hair out so I can do this cut:

http://dvdmedia.ign.com

28-04-2011
rising star

I think that frequent trims will be the best idea. Do you recommend a particular brand of cocnut oil?

trendsetter

Any kind of coconut oil, but organic, virgin coconut oil is the best, supposedly, especially for peroxide damage, put it in your hair before bed, put on a hat, and shampoo it out in the AM.

naturalfarms.com

Last edited by dauphine; 28-04-2011 at 08:56 AM.
29-04-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

haircut. right now it's pretty long, down to my chest, i might go for a bit past collarbone length. i'm not feelin' the sleek bob / one length look. so either more layers to frame my face or like an old school Lauren Bacall cut that is suitable for curls...i feel like that kind of look is the only time i'd really consider shorter hairstyles on myself

Last edited by kissablekae; 29-04-2011 at 05:15 AM.
30-04-2011
front row

I've been growing my hair out for a year now... it's just below my shoulder blades. I'm seriously considering chopping it all off la Shannyn Sossamon.

badlands777.blogspot

30-04-2011
trendsetter

She looks so good with short hair. I loved her short/buzz (?) cut in Rules of Attraction.
Do it!

30-04-2011
oh! darling

Gonna buy peroxide for the hair to make it ombre this afternoon. Very excited.

Riot Bug

gonna go back to be blondie...as previously but shorter and maybe not that extra blond on the first dying process... (pic of me by me...)

fashion elite

ediewho you're a hot blonde

i let my hair grow... right now i have a long bob. but i'm going to get (loooong) hair extensions in summer, can't wait

02-05-2011
Riot Bug

Thanks KamenKutak I really miss being blond for some stupid reason i get tired very soon of dark tones... unfortunately my hair isnt that long anymore... on that pic were not extensions as you can notice... but like too much of patience growing it up haha... (thanks God for extensions!!)I'm going with the dying first... and see if i can maintain some long hair that i did already achieved...
I love certain bob haircuts they are so chic but I'm sure you'll get great extensions... for Summer they are fantastic! can't wait you show them up to us!!!

What fresh hell is this.?

I have an appointment with a new hairdresser this Friday. And I don't know what I want, I really feel like I need a change, but I know from experience that I prefer a basic semi-long layered haircut. Like this girl's.
I haven't had bangs in years, and I really like the possibilities that no bang gives me. But, but, but this girls make me want to get them.
Though one thing that's for sure is that I'm going to color my hair a dirty blond. Currently my hair is a teeny bit darker than the girl's in the pic.

[thesartorialist.blogspot.com]

trendsetter

I'm trying to decide if I need to trim my hair tonight.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair