How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2009
What fresh hell is this.?

oh didn't know that, well not specifically. But I do have very, very thick hair. ! So it's all good. Besides it's almost the length I want it to have.

29-03-2009
In Bloom

Then go ahead

we were in love

31-03-2009
Geometric Discharge

I'm getting my long hair lopped off on Thursday.
I've been bored with it for a while but the past few days I've desperately wanted a change. Today I marched into Toni & Guy and asked to look at a style book. Out of all of the mens' haircuts I liked one. So I'm getting it done.
I've had this long hair for three years now. It's stale.
I want to do things with my hair.
So nervous/excited!!

03-04-2009
tfs star

Had it trimmed today and picked out my colour!!! Woooo. Its a coppery orangey shade, can't wait, neither can my hairdresser!

front row

I'm coloring my hair back to the "usual color", the one I've been using for years. Today I tried a different one, just to prove myself that changes are good and... NO, they aren't, came up darker than I expected, so I'm definitely going back to my regular color in 1 month

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) http://www.myspace.com/74783036
15-04-2009
windowshopping

I am doing to touch up my roots this afternoon. i hate how i have to designate a whole night for it but then it looks awesome after.
next week i might dye my hair a cotton candy light pink.

tfs star

I got a couple inches chopped off today. The person who cut my hair styled it like something out of the early 60s. It kind of makes me wish I had a fun early 60s dress since with this hair I might as well be wearing one right now while listening to The Shangri-Las.

16-04-2009
scenester

i have long dark brown hair and i want to add some dimmension to it. however, i have a skin problem that makes me have to use medicated shampoo. so if i got highlights they would strip out pretty easy. i was think maybe if i got some subtle highlights on the underside of my hair it may not be seen as much when it starts to wash out. i really dont know what this will look like. i dont think i have ever seen this done. how does it sound to yall?

not best pic, but can see my hair.
credit:me

16-04-2009
front row

I want to colour my hair but i dont know what... i was thinking copper??

Will it look tacky if i dye my eye brows or should i just get them waxed abit...

windowshopping

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but has anyone else brought in a picture of what they want their hair to be cut like? My next hair appointment is coming up and I want to bring in a picture of a celebrity whose hair type/cut I really want but I'd feel like an idiot for bringing the picture in...thoughts/comments?

Last edited by kennydollface; 19-04-2009 at 11:16 PM.
19-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ A picture is completely normal ... I've done it several times. I always take the whole magazine or catalog because my hairstylist likes to look at the different angles.

19-04-2009
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole1019 View Post
i have long dark brown hair and i want to add some dimmension to it. however, i have a skin problem that makes me have to use medicated shampoo. so if i got highlights they would strip out pretty easy. i was think maybe if i got some subtle highlights on the underside of my hair it may not be seen as much when it starts to wash out. i really dont know what this will look like. i dont think i have ever seen this done. how does it sound to yall?

not best pic, but can see my hair.
credit:me
You have pretty hair. Maybe you could call the company that makes your shampoo, or check their website, and see what they recommend about color. Or maybe you can check with your dermatologist & see if there's a shampoo you could use that's intended for colored hair. I like your natural hair color ...

19-04-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
^ A picture is completely normal ... I've done it several times. I always take the whole magazine or catalog because my hairstylist likes to look at the different angles.
Okay great. I'd have to print it out but I think that'd be alright.

Thanks!

21-04-2009
tfs star

I'm having my graduation party soonish (at the end of May), so I have to figure out what I'm going to do to my hair. right now I longest roots ever (my natural colour is somewhat greyish) and the dyed part of my hair is brown. I'm thinking of going blonder, apparently it would suit my skincolour (according to my Mom), and I have to cut my hair shorter. I'd like to go back to black, I always love my hair when it's black but apparently it would look too goth-style

Power to the 99%

^ Is there a compelling reason not to do what you want to do?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair