How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-04-2012
front row

Just killed my mustache. It was fun while it lasted, but it was time for it to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

18-04-2012
fashion icon

Okay, so I'm hoping for suggestions/advice as to what I should do to my hair. I have an appointment next week at the salon and I really want a change. My hair color is a redish blond, really long and pretty straight, and I have a sort of round face. I've had blunt bangs before and I didn't like them and also, I'm really not keen on dying my hair (yes I'm vain about it... you can't get this color from a bottle!). I'd be okay with putting in a few streaks of color, like pastels, but otherwise no hair dye. I really love pixie cuts (loved Emma Watson's short hairstyle) but it wouldn't suit my face, would it? So what should I do?

Making a Mess

^ Don't colour it!

As for cut I'm not sure... you should ask your hairdresser as they will know what is most flattering on you.

Or (and this is what I tend to do) google images of celebrities with a similar face shape to yours and find what you like best - it might work for you too!

What fresh hell is this.?

^I second that.. stay away from the colour.

I just had mine re-dyed. So no major change there. Though I feel like getting blunt fringes. Though I'm sure it's gonna be a major hassle during summer, so I'll probably wait until autumn.
I wonder if I've changed my mind by then

22-04-2012
fashion icon

Thanks Tinetush and Party Vixen! I think I'm going to try your suggestion and google some images of celebrities for inspiration. Hopefully I find a look I like!

unspecified

I love to change. And to dye my hair with crazy colours, that allows you to change it often. But since I realised I've never had it long and crazy coloured, I'm letting it grow to dye it and start shoveling colours. But I'm a year to go on the growing and already bored to death- So I could make a bang, and try to feel different for a while. I tried hairdos, but it's gotten long and it takes quite a while.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
25-04-2012
tfs star

I'd love to have somthing like this...

(style.it via Milou's thread)

but black (my adopted haircolor, can't think of abandoning it). But I'm kind of on the edge because my face is very kind of box-shaped and full and my neck is not slender or delicate and I always have hair on my shoulders to conceal it.

fashion icon

I ended up getting soft layers because I decided I didn't want have shorter hair for the summer. I like being able to wear it up or down in the summer. But my hairstylist and I have decided to play around with my hair when it gets to fall, I'm probably going to get a shorter hair cut, but do it in stages instead of chopping it all off at once.

Making a Mess

^ That's a good idea to do it gradually.

And soft layers sounds nice for summer. I'm currently growing out my hair (for the 10 millionth time ) and plan on having layers cut back in once it gets to the right length.

windowshopping

So I was dumb enough a few months ago to dye my natural dark blonde hair almost black. I went to the hairdresser and although I first thought of getting it bleached, I knew the roots would be way blonde compared to the rest of my hair.
So i opted for a color removal treatment instead. Here's the result (excuse the sad face, I'm bad at posing):
hair.jpg

It's sort of like a coppery brown and way lighter than before. I'm planning to gradually add highlights so when the roots grow out the rest of the hair would be roughly the same color.

13-06-2012
in the mood for love

I haven't had a haircut for 10 months or so So, I am getting a haircut. Nothing adventurous, just some layers.

unspecified

I haven't cut it it in 3 years!!!

19-06-2012
in the mood for love

^ You have beautiful hair!
Mine was becoming quite ratty though, and heavy as it grows so fast... So, yeah, I had a haircut last week and am very happy.
Now I'm planning to dye it, probably my usual colour, maybe a bit lighter...

unspecified

When the next year starts, I'm going full on pastel mayhem. And I will try to keep it that way as long as it stands it, after that, the big chop!

22-06-2012
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

getting a trim tomorrow, more face framing layers and soften the bottom - less one length/blunt

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair