How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2013
V.I.P.

Growing it out and finally leaving it alone.

21-03-2013
fashion icon

I have a hair appointment scheduled for this weekend and I'd like to get it cut the same way that Romola Garai's hair was on The Hour (she's the blond one in this image). I absolutely love it and think it could work well with my style as well as my face shape. I'm going to see what my hairstylist thinks as well. Anyone have any thoughts on this hairstyle?

miss-rumphius.tumblr.com

rising star

Romola's haircut in The House is superb! I'd love to see how it works out for you.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
Growing it out and finally leaving it alone.
Me too. I'm growing my hair out down to my belly and never cutting it short again nor cutting bangs again because I will end up hating it later lol.

01-09-2013
front row

Well, I think I'll end up having to shave my head at some point this year. I'm beginning to lose my hair from the front on back, and while it looks okay right now, there will come a point where it will need to be shaved. I anticipated this happening because of my family's history of hair loss, but not before I turned twenty. Alas, shaved heads can look very good, so I'm not too concerned.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Magnus View Post
Well, I think I'll end up having to shave my head at some point this year. I'm beginning to lose my hair from the front on back, and while it looks okay right now, there will come a point where it will need to be shaved. I anticipated this happening because of my family's history of hair loss, but not before I turned twenty. Alas, shaved heads can look very good, so I'm not too concerned.
doesn't the hair loss come from the mother's side of the family?

maybe you should think about getting a haircut where you are shorter on the sides and have more volume on the top - sort of like a fauxhawk. or maybe you should look into minoxidil or propecia. in any case get to a doctor.

i think tall men can pull off shaved heads.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
doesn't the hair loss come from the mother's side of the family?

maybe you should think about getting a haircut where you are shorter on the sides and have more volume on the top - sort of like a fauxhawk. or maybe you should look into minoxidil or propecia. in any case get to a doctor.

i think tall men can pull off shaved heads.
Seems like it's from my dad's side. He has had a bald spot in the back for as long as I can remember and is starting to lose more now at age 58. My brother started losing his in his early twenties also, although he has managed to keep his looking alright by buzzing it short. My uncle and grandfather on my dad's side have lost their hair also, but they are both fifty-something and eighty-six respectively, so that is unsurprising.

I have some minoxidil that I could try, but I've read that it can actually initially increase the hair loss, which would be very bad for me and my shoulder length hair. In any case, cutting it is probably something I should do. Would that help it grow, I wonder? I haven't done so in over two years, so that would be a huge change for me. Honestly though, I've come to terms with losing my hair. The only issue is that while I was hoping to grow a very short beard when that happens, I will not be able to do so as my pores swell up horribly, my skin turns red, and it peels if I try to do so.

V.I.P.

well, i would talk to your doctor before cutting your hair. that seems drastic. and if you are tall maybe no one will notice the hair loss.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Vixen View Post
Still growing it out and gradually going lighter. I love this colour in particular. Still not over finding that perfect shade of light brown without going red.
i have the same problem as you - brassiness. and when i get my hair coloured it fades rapidly, no matter if i'm using colour saving shampoo.

this is the best shade i've seen
on valentine Fillol-Cordier
Into The Gloss

what do you think?

clever ain't wise

I finally had my hair cut and dyed by a professional...only it became way too brown...I have dark blonde hair that is on the rather cold side, and now my hair is much darker and quite warm, really. I'm not sure I like it....I think I might try to become a shade more golden than my natural hair color next time around....guess I can try in about two months or so.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-10-2013 at 07:07 AM.
29-04-2014
fashion icon

So for summer I want to try something a bit different and I'm planning on dying the underside of my hair a fun color (since I've never dyed it before). Most likely it will be a lighter color, I'm thinking lavender will work well with my strawberry blond/gingerish hair coloring... though suggestions for colors is always welcomed! I wont be able to do so until my last swim class next week, I don't want it to mess with the coloring though!

front row

My hairdresser is pushing the keratin treatment, but at $AUD460 for my shoulder-length hair I'm a bit hesitant. Has anyone else tried this? My hair is very coarse and highlighted blonde.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hair