How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-06-2009
far from home...

Quote:
A Mariano Fortuny stencilled white gauze tabard, early 20th century, printed with Near Eastern motifs of black scrolls and edging lines, side slits, chest approx 101cm, 40in cf. Mariano Fortuny His Life & Work, Guillermo de Osma, p.214 for a photograph of an identical tunic in the Museo Fortuny, photograph archive Venice
kerrytaylorauctions.com

29-06-2009
far from home...

Quote:
A Mariano Fortuny raspberry-pink silk Delphos gown, circa 1935, the stencilled tie belt marked to the reverse `Fortuny', the shoulders threaded through with cords weighted with brown and white flecked Murano glass beads, contained in original Fortuny box, (4) There is a Provenance note which states Bought from Mariano Fortuny (himself) in Italy in 1935 by Louise A. Corbusier for her spoiled daughter Nancy"."
kerrytaylorauctions.com

29-06-2009
far from home...

Quote:
A Mariano Fortuny stencilled silk batwing jacket, early 20th century, the ivory silk ground stencilled in silver with an 18th century needlepoint lace design, the edges weighted and adorned with white and clear glass Murano beads
kerrytaylorauctions.com

29-06-2009
far from home...

Quote:
A fine and rare Mariano Fortuny stencilled velvet gown, early 20th century, `labelled Mariano Fortuny, Venise', the soft blue velvet ground stencilled in gold with Medieval style patterns, the sides inset with pleated silk and laced with silk cords and fastened with Murano glass beads, bust 91cm, 36in Provenance for this and lot 94: Camilla Eibenschutz, the beautiful and talented wife of Dr Wolfgang Huck editor of some of the most influential newspapers during the Weimar Republic. She was a renowned German actress and was a role model for many women of her generation. She limited her career to the stage, performing mainly in productions by Max Reinhard (1873-1943). She performed in his 1907 production of Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet as Juliet.
kerrytaylorauctions.com

29-06-2009
far from home...

Quote:
A fine Mariano Fortuny stencilled velvet jacket, early 20th century, labelled to the pink faille lining, stencilled in silver with sprays of carnations, chest 122cm, 48in Provenance:Camilla Eibenschutz
kerrytaylorauctions.com

29-06-2009
far from home...

Quote:
The Property of a Lady of Title A Mariano Fortuny Delphos gown, early 20th century, of golden apricot pleated silk, the armholes and sides adorned with striped Murano glass beads, one of the inner selvedges printed `Made in Italy, Fabrique en Italie, Fortuny Depose' Provenance by descent from the original purchaser.
kerrytaylorauctions.com

02-07-2009
V.I.P.

Natalia Vodianova wore the gown in #137 at this year's MET Gala

source:style.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fortuny, mariano