How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2007
tfs star

Thanks for posting! Along w/ Vionnet & Schiaparelli, she was definitely one fo my faves from the "golden age" of haute couture..

22-06-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Gres Paisley Print Gown
French, 1960s
The sleeveless sheath of apple green silk tussah overlaid with bias A-line green silk organza with mauve, marigold, purple and tangerine scrolling motifs, the slash neckline and armscye trimmed with encrusted two inch band of similarly colored faceted rhinestones in various sizes, size 8, labeled: Gres/1 Rue de la Paix/Paris.
doylenewyork
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1066.jpg (111.9 KB, 10 views)

13-07-2007
far from home...

Quote:
MADAME GRES TROUSER SUIT, 1970S
sleeveless, in brown and purple
christies

Attached Images
File Type: jpg d4949502x.jpg (51.0 KB, 7 views)

13-07-2007
far from home...

Quote:
MADAME GRES DRESS, 1930S
of burnt orange and chocolate brown draped silk jersey, with integral shoulder cape
christies

Attached Images
File Type: jpg d4949534x.jpg (39.5 KB, 15 views)

22-07-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Gres Columnar Gown and Cashmere Coat Evening Ensemble
French, 1967
In peach and apricot silk jersey, the strapless empire bodice worked with fine bicolor asymmetrical pleating, the sheath skirt with two consecutive draped panels of peach at center front and apricot wrapping around rear, snap closures, the floor length flared coat of mocha cashmere lined in peach silk taffeta with hood trimmed in sable, three-quarter length sleeves, hook and eye closure at neckline.
doylenewyork

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 375980.jpg (15.2 KB, 13 views)

07-08-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Gres Two-Tiered Bubble Dress
French, mid 1950s
Of black silk tissue taffeta, sleeveless bodice with original decollete neckline inset with faux bib and bateau neckline at a later date, bib yoke, black velvet ribbon waistband to tie at back, double bubble skirt, size 12, labeled: Gres/1 Rue de la Paix/Paris.
doylenewyork

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 482403.jpg (110.0 KB, 12 views)

28-08-2007
Press escape to continue.

Quote:
An interesting Madame Grès floor length cape, 1960s, labelled, with one arm-hole two buttons to fasten at the neck, and large swathe of fabric that is draped over the other shoulder Roman emperor style.

kerrytaylorauctions.com

28-08-2007

Quote:
Brick red tweed cape and matching skirt, early 1960s, labelled, cleverley cut with wide low inset sleeves, integral scarf panels, the skirt with large patch pocket.

kerrytaylorauctions.com

03-11-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Madame (Alix) Grès (France, Paris, 1903 - 1993-11-24)
Woman's Evening Gown, 1935
Costume/clothing principle attire/entire body, Bias-cut silk taffeta
lacma.org
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M72_106.jpg (33.1 KB, 28 views)

25-11-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Germaine Emilie Krebs (1903 – 1993) began her career under the name “Alix Barton” and only became known as Madame Grès after 1942. She is best known for her perfection in the art of pleating and draping. A great sculptress of fashion, Madame Grès is represented here by this chic ensemble that was donated by Mrs. Walter Paepcke. A major exhibition, Madame Grès: The Sphinx of Fashion, will open at the Museum at FIT in February, 2008.

Madame Grès, afternoon dress and jacket, gray wool, circa 1950, France, worn by donor, Mrs. Walter Paepcke née Elizabeth Nitze, photograph by Irving Solero
fitnyc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IL%202007.17.21_0026.jpg (48.5 KB, 14 views)

30-12-2007

Quote:
Black and white taffeta ball gown, early 1950s, labelled` Grès, 1, Rue de la Paix, Paris', cleverly constructed, with a play of black against white, the boned strapless bodice with ties to one side, double layered pin-dot taffeta skirt with contrasting white silk lining, hitched in a double bow to one hip.

kerrytaylorauctions.com

30-12-2007

Quote:
Ball gown, mid 1950s, labelled `Grès, 1 Rue de la Paix, Paris', the elaborately boned strapless bodice edged in garlands of silk blossom and roses, the dress formed from four layers of white and yellow chiffon, organza and taffeta and a final translucent overlay of glistening white horsehair which gives glimpses of the primrose yellow layers below and also ensures a perfect silhouette.

kerrytaylorauctions.com

30-12-2007

Quote:
Navy pleated jersey evening gown, circa 1960, labelled, the fitted bodice with split to centre front and with vertical splits running down the centre back and to either side with small tabs to hold them in place.

kerrytaylorauctions.com

30-12-2007

Quote:
Ivory silk jersey and chiffon evening gown, late 1950s - early 1960s, labelled, '1 Rue de la Paix, Paris', white label, the empire line bodice with tight horizontal pleats and two knots, the jersey gown flows in a column below, with matching chiffon stole.

kerrytaylorauctions.com

30-12-2007

Quote:
Clevely constructed Madame Grès brown and orange bias cut jersey evening gown, early 1970s, bearing narrow white `Gres, Paris' and made in France labels, handwritten tag numbered 11892, 158 Marie Ange', with orange silk inner bodice, complicated fastenings by zips, hooks, eyes, prestuds, the bodice with two long brown floating panels which can be worn as a train or swathed round the body.

kerrytaylorauctions.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
grès, madame