How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2007
front row

YSL pieces from the 60's through the 80's
source: enokiworld.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yslblkpeasant.jpg (19.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg yslcherrydress.jpg (20.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg yslgreenwool.jpg (15.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg yslhaltertwin.jpg (17.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg yslikatsuit.jpg (25.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg yslpinkdress.jpg (17.5 KB, 8 views)

18-03-2007
front row

continued...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yslruffleskirt.jpg (24.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg yslsilkwrap.jpg (23.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg yslspidermum.jpg (22.0 KB, 530 views)
File Type: jpg yslwinecard.jpg (17.6 KB, 3 views)

18-03-2007
taz
MUSE

thanks purpleviolets for the pic & " karma",
they seem to be from the ready to wear line 'rive gauche', I love this ...truly 80's

Last edited by taz; 18-03-2007 at 11:08 PM.
19-03-2007
fashion elite

I was just looking at the Men's Cruise collection on YSL.com. Does anyone know of another place to find these pics?? I liked several of the outfits, and when I find pics of outfits I like, I save them to my computer for future reference (to recreate looks etc).

However, on the ysl.com site, you can't save the pics. Ive looked at Getty Images, Men.style.com, and GQstyle.com and they only have the regular S/S collection.

Any help is greatly apprecaited, and thanks in advance.

19-03-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar
I was just looking at the Men's Cruise collection on YSL.com. Does anyone know of another place to find these pics?? I liked several of the outfits, and when I find pics of outfits I like, I save them to my computer for future reference (to recreate looks etc).

However, on the ysl.com site, you can't save the pics. Ive looked at Getty Images, Men.style.com, and GQstyle.com and they only have the regular S/S collection.

Any help is greatly apprecaited, and thanks in advance.
I think you have to do a screenshot of your computer and crop it manually. (Print Screen Request on PC). Few houses (just Chanel and YSL that I know of) actually publish their menswear resort collections on the internet.

19-03-2007
V.I.P.

Oh! And thanks DosViolines for the article! I feel like I must be blind or something for not noticing some of those similarities!

19-03-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead
I think you have to do a screenshot of your computer and crop it manually. (Print Screen Request on PC). Few houses (just Chanel and YSL that I know of) actually publish their menswear resort collections on the internet.
Good idea!! I always forget about doing things that way. Maybe just because I'm lazy, and like to just right click and save.

Thank you

17-04-2007
V.I.P.

I'm watching a documentary on Yves on the Sundance channel right now! Very interesting stuff!

17-04-2007
one two three

I find Yves fascinating...I got his biography a few months ago and have been reading up on him religiously ever since.

17-04-2007
backstage pass

if I can say he

17-04-2007
backstage pass

dream and reality.

19-04-2007
far from home...

Quote:

Dior Haute Couture Cocktail Ensemble, c.1960

Yves Saint Laurent, born in 1936, and raised in the country of Algeria, had always stated that during his childhood he dreamt of living in Paris and creating the world's most beautiful fashions. He was known to have cut and handcreated clothing for his sister's dolls, amongst drawing hundereds of fashion sketches which were what lead him to gaining his step into the world of haute couture. When Laurent was seventeen, he left for Paris to show his designs tothe director of Vogue, being impressed by the remarkable works, he published some immediately, then was introduced to Christian Dior himself, and began working under Dior in 1954 until his death to follow shortly thereafter in 1957- from then Laurent would be able to take part in his ultimate dream. Such a young master, would lead one of the world's few utmost elite fashion houses, and fulfill what seemed a distant dream, now maximized to it's highest extent of reality.

A luxurious and regal, cocktail dress ensemble designed by the young Yves Saint Laurent for Dior, of the autumn 1960 collection. Bearing a great, and highly recognizeable, level of distinguished style, thus an appearance of tasteful wealth. It is always a rarity to discover such an important piece of fashion, such as this ensemble, that has never been altered and remains in original & pristine condition!

Fashioned from metallic brocade on silk- the warmth of the gold brocade against the chocolate brown, is an enriching pair, that broadcasts luxurious style! The cocktail dress suit comprises of a sheath-cut dress and jacket, having delicately shaped and cut bracelet length sleeves.

The dress is constructed in a figure-flattering manner, that even though is a sheath cut, has been carefully constructed to flatter the wearer- notice in the photos below, it has a beautiful shape not usually seen in a sheath dress! The smoothly cut and un-interrupted bodice is met at the waistline by the gently gathered skirt- creating a delicate contrast.

Many features of the ensemble are signature to only the finest of a haute couture creation- gracefully smooth bateau neckline, flattering manner of the dress, sumptous fabric, carefully lined jacket, amongst many other traits! One should notice how the jacket may be worn unfastened, and thanks to Laurent's skill, the wearer will be able to do such, since the brocade fabric makes up for the first few inches of the internal side lining of the jacket (see photo below for jacket being displayed opened).

The dress fastens with a back zipper, and jacket fastens with fabric covered buttons to the front. Both pieces are fully lined in chocolate silk, and both labeled Automne - Hiver 1960 / Christian Dior / Paris then stamped (possibly 7 is the first digit) ?7346 and ?7347 - this numerical stamping was always used by Dior in every piece, even if all the seperate pieces comrpised to one ensemble.

Measurements: Bust 37", Waist 31", Hips 39", length of 38", the jacket's length is 20".

The condition is almost Excellent- only the tiniest hint of slight darkening to the brocade along the top edge (mostly inner edge) of the jacket, which is not a detraction as it is so very faint!

heavenofgowns

19-04-2007
windowshopping

I found a 1962 Yves Saint Laurent Fashion show, or at least a clip from
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwuuWiKn5ik[/YOUTUBE]

19-04-2007
V.I.P.

Nothing's showing up for me?

21-04-2007
windowshopping

oh sorry it's on youtube, but I'm having trouble uploading the URL

Previous Thread | Next Thread »