How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylw View Post
Unfortunately, all of them are completed items. I wish I had bid on the corsage and green velvet jacket. I was also surprised that the black smoking ensemble went only for $300!? You can find them if you run a completed items search; they were from live auctions.
OMG that wonderful wonderful wool dress went for just $100 !!!!!!! I'm gonna faint! why did i miss this?
tooo bad tooo bad

30-09-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosViolines View Post
Christy Turlington wearing Yves Saint Laurent in:
"Back to the Future"
Photographed by Steven Meisel
American Vogue, November 1986
djuna.cine21.com
Thanks for pictures Dosvioline!, (and helping in Alaia thread...)just to mention that in the upper left photo ,it seems to be Renée Simonsen, one of the most famous model of the 80's....

03-10-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
what a great effort tylw they are all gorgeous thanks, check out also the latest posts about Yves here:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...-30195-12.html
hey taz, thanks for the link and karma! i keep wanting to nurse this thread, but i will check it out. i will also add you as a friend?, since our paths have crossed so often.

03-10-2007
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty33r1b View Post
OMG that wonderful wonderful wool dress went for just $100 !!!!!!! I'm gonna faint! why did i miss this?
tooo bad tooo bad
hey liberty, i'll keep an eye out for you! i've seen this design quite a few times on eBay. i really like the live auctions, since people are often hesitant to bid--you can get some great deals.

Last edited by softgrey; 09-12-2007 at 11:38 PM.
04-10-2007
taz
MUSE

Pilati on St. Laurent
here what Stefano Pilati said about Yves from an interview with the UK Times:

Quote:
Yves Saint Laurent’s legacy affects me in a good way. What a great heritage. I do eight collections a year for the house, so I think it is legitimate to take inspiration from his work. When I was at Prada we looked to Yves, so why not when I am here? The archives are amazing; if I could have a bed there and sleep on it every night, I would be happy for the rest of my life. You open an armoire and out pops a taffeta skirt, then there are all the boleros, the multicoloured furs and the velvets. You go there and you want to bend down on your knees; you are blown away. You feel the grandeur of the man; you feel how prolific he was.

to read the rest of the article check Stefano's thread :
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ml#post3606375

05-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
YSL: On stage, screen and music hall

The little black dress looks as prissy and pristine as when it covered Catherine Deneuve's sensual passion in "Belle de Jour." But those shoes! Surely the Luis Buñuel movie of 40 years ago is famous to fashionistas for black patent silver-buckle shoes?
Yet the film running on video beside the costume exhibit proves that the Pierre Bergé Yves Saint Laurent foundation got it right. Deneuve changed her Roger Vivier shoes for higher-heeled pumps in the erotic scene where she strokes her blind husband after her return from prostituting herself.
Deneuve herself was present Wednesday at the opening of "Yves Saint Laurent: Théâtre, Cinéma, Music-Hall, Ballet" (until Jan. 27).
Exquisite sketches from the master's hand and walls of vintage photographs show the Art Deco-style gowns that Saint Laurent created for the French performer Arletty; while the couturier is photographed in his shy and spindly youth with the dancer Zizi Jeanmaire and the legendary costume and set designer Erté, as Romain de Tirtoff was known.
Betty Catroux, part of the YSL extended "family," alongside the onetime culture minister Jack Lang, gazed at vast sugar pink plumes wafting overhead, while Jeanmaire's famous (or should that be infamous?) feather dance filled the nearby screen. The sequined minidress she wore in 1962 proved how Saint Laurent predated the style of "Swinging London."
The couturier and costumier was not present at the opening night as he is now confined to a wheelchair. So Pierre Bergé showed guests around the exhibition and was host of the party.
Historic names like Jean Cocteau and Christian Bérard pop up in the show, but the latter only as the originator of the set of Cocteau's "The Two-Headed Eagle" (L'Aigle à deux Têtes) which Saint Laurent restaged in 1978. His extravagant design of a gilded carved eagle and Byzantine costumes for the queen are the focus of the exhibition's second room.
Fascinating as the drawings and costumes are, the real surprise comes in the catalogue, which lists just how many productions Saint Laurent has done: 13 plays from 1964 to 1983; eight ballets in 14 years; 10 music hall productions, including one for France's perennial rocker Johnny Hallyday; and 10 movies, from "Belle de Jour" to Luc Besson's "Subway" (1985) with Isabelle Adjani.
As Deneuve put it: "Yves's theatrical sensitivity is so profound that he really needs to express it on stage and on the screen."
Fondation Pierre Bergé Yves Saint Laurent, 5 Avenue Marceau, 75016 Paris.
iht.com - by Suzy Menkes

05-10-2007
Press escape to continue.

^ Thanks, BerlinRocks.

Quote:
Beadwork evening dress, 1967.

fitnyc.edu

fashion elite

Vintage 1970's Rayon Blouse (eBay)

Last edited by tylw; 29-10-2007 at 03:14 AM.
29-10-2007
fashion elite

Vintage 1980's Linen Safari Suit (eBay)

01-12-2007
flaunt the imperfection..

i wanted to put a link to this thread here....
article...
Yves Saint Laurent on Tom Ford...

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...html#post75551

09-12-2007
taz
MUSE

Quote:

Legion of Honor for Yves Saint Laurent
Thursday December 6, 1:03 pm ET

Yves Saint Laurent Gets France's Legion of Honor Medal

PARIS (AP) -- French President Nicolas Sarkozy honored 71-year-old fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent on Thursday with a Legion of Honor medal.
The fashion great, who retired in 2002, was named a "grand officer," one of the highest ranks in the prestigious Legion of Honor.
Actress Catherine Deneuve, a Saint Laurent devotee, and Pierre Berge, the designer's longtime business partner, attended the ceremony at Saint Laurent's home in Paris.

AP.yahoo news

09-12-2007
fashion elite

A rare Yves Saint Laurent `African' Collection mini-dress, Summer, Spring-Summer, 1967, labelled and numbered 14635, the beige silk/linen under-dress covered with a tunic of latticed wooden beads, the broad straps formed from linked wooden squares and smaller beads, pendant fringes to the upper bodice, zip fastened, lined in beige silk, bust 82cm, 32in.

ebay.com

09-12-2007
fashion elite

An Yves Saint Laurent slubbed black silk ensemble, circa 1962, labelled and numbered 05552, the tunic under-dress with silk sleeveless bodice, pleated silk skirt with sash tie; the over-bodice with weighted hem, four buttons and soft fold-over collar, bust 86cm, 34in.

ebay.com

09-12-2007
fashion elite

An Yves Saint Laurent Evening Gown, 1980s, strapless with a velvet band at top, red satin flared skirt. Labeled: Yves Satin Laurent/Rive Gauche. Size 40.

ebay.com

09-12-2007
fashion elite

An Yves Saint Laurent Raccoon Coat, with a notched collar, full length, hidden pockets, fully lined. Labeled: Yves Saint Laurent.

ebay.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
laurent, saint, yves