How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2005
flaunt the imperfection

thanks alpha femme...
the pics are nice...but if you click on them and read the quotes...they are even better...
if i have time later, maybe i'll post them here...
everyone should definitely read them...they are amazing!!...

16-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
thanks alpha femme...
softgrey

http://www.dollsjapan.com/design.htm
Yves St. Laurent Jennys (Click on the picture to see a larger image )
Yves St. Laurent has been designing clothes since the age of 19 when he started at the prestigious House of Dior in Paris. Three years later he established his career with his first collection at a showing at the House of Dior after the death of Christian Dior in 1958. His designs were so well received that he abandoned his ambition to be a costume and set designer for the theater. Today he is known as the world’s foremost designer of haute couture. Of course it was only fitting that there be a line Yves St. Laurent designs for Takara’s Jenny.

The first Yves St. Laurent Jennys appeared on store shelves in Tokyo in 1986. Of all the designer Jennys these were the most elegant and the most representative of the world of high fashion. Two of the designs feature Jenny in tight black lace sheath dresses with wrap around satin skirts of red or dusty rose which were split up the center. Another design consisted of a black satin ball gown with lace top, tied at the waist with a hot pink bow. A few of these designs are similar to taffeta cocktail dresses from the designer’s 1981 collection. One of Jenny’s gathered black sheath cocktail dress which Mr. Laurent designed is very similar to an earlier Paris design from his Fall/Winter Christian Dior collection. This particular dress was donated to and then displayed at the New York Museum of Modern Art in 1976. These Yves St. Laurent designs were available as separately boxed outfits as well as dressed Jenny dolls. The last contributions from Yves St. Laurent were in 1987 when the designer created two new Jenny gowns for Takara. The first was an elegant black lace over cream taffeta ball gown, complete with black feature boa and pearl jewelry. The second was a beautiful bridal Jenny in an elegant white and gold embroidered satin wedding gown. Both of these Jennys came packaged in the “shoe box” style complete with the clear acrylic collapsible display cases.

16-08-2005
V.I.P.

Penelope Tree in YSL dress. Vogue Oct 15, 1967
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Penelope Tree in YSL dress (Vogue, Oct 15, 1967).jpg (40.5 KB, 55 views)

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
16-08-2005
front row

(Reminder: To listen to history being made, you must have RealPlayer installed. If you can't access our audio clips, click here to download RealPlayer.)
Yves Saint Laurent, French fashion designer Discusses his views on fashion

http://www.historychannel.com/speech...peech_317.html

16-08-2005
backstage pass

yay< great to see this thread in here< because i'M STARTING TO LIKE ysl MORE MORE AND MORE. i'M BORED OF THESSE ALL EVERYDAY LABELS. I love their heroin/romantic chic ...

I found it at ebay, lol. What you think? I saw the green one on some ad ...

16-08-2005
backstage pass

somethin from eBay

what you think?

16-08-2005
backstage pass

old and new YSl

16-08-2005
front row

Ooohhgooott!! *hug Softgrey* Thanks lot for making this thread!!! So loing it very much!!! Thanks everyone for the post, really making me loe the man even more!! My mom's a big fan of him, her wardrobe is full of ysl. They're sooooo amazingly beautiful and that's how I like him...

Softgrey, StyleIsInUs, MulletProof, Spike, Taz, Kit, Anna Karina, Helena & Alpha Femme: Super Thank you!! I loe that Piet Mondrian piece. I have a story about it, so my friend and I were doing a project, a design project to be exact. Then she showed me this print of painting from Piet Mondrian entitled 'Composition with red, yellow and blue' and she thinks we should start with it! Since I was shocked, I beamed on her, "THAT'S YSL!!!!" She was so surprised she jumped back I wouldn’t have known that was Piet Mondrian before my friend told me. I’m so silly… :p

18-08-2005
flaunt the imperfection

you are welcome leluna....
btw-that red dress is not ysl-it's tom ford...

i would like to dedicate this thread to the memory of our dear friend KIT...
r.i.p...

21-08-2005
front row

The souvenir sheet above left was issued by France 2000, and was designed - and signed - by the French fashion designer Yves St. Laurent. The text says: "The Heart Never Leaves Me".

http://shoebox.heindorffhus.dk/frame-StValentine.htm

21-08-2005
front row

some vintage YSL

1970syves saint laurent rive gauche iridescent caftan http://www.k8tykat.com/marketplace/YSLcaftan.shtml

Late 60's YSL Silk Chiffon "Peasant" Dress
http://www.dejavusv.com/dressescasua60slyslpeasant.htm

23-08-2005
V.I.P.

i have a bright purple silk chiffon dress that has long sleeves and one of them is cut asymetrical at the shoulder....but i cant find it in any of the collections...it is ysl rive gauche...anyone have any ideas where it might have been made?

31-08-2005
flaunt the imperfection

looking an AWFUL lot like theyskens' recent work at ROCHAS...

operagloves.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1963.jpg (45.7 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Mr-Dale; 31-08-2005 at 09:12 AM.
31-08-2005
flaunt the imperfection

1965 bride... :p

operagloves.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1965.jpg (50.7 KB, 70 views)

31-08-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Femme

Front
Side
Back

Detail

Evening Dress, Soirée de Paris
by Yves Saint Laurent for Christian Dior, Paris
Autumn/Winter 1955
Black silk velvet trimmed with white silk satin
Gift of Marti Stevens, from the wardrobe of Marlene Dietrich, 1983.1.1253ab
Silverman/Rodgers Collection
KSUM 1983.1.8ab
White satin sash reproduced for the museum by Christian Dior, Paris, in 1996

In 1955, just after the completion of his studies, Saint Laurent was introduced to Christian Dior, who hired him immediately as his assistant. This is the first dress Saint Laurent designed for Dior, and it was made famous in this photograph of the model Dovima by Richard Avedon for Harper's Bazaar.

http://dept.kent.edu/museum/exhibit/YSL/1983_1_1253.htm
That is one of my all time favorite dresses. Have contemplated getting a reproduction made by a tailor/seamstress for my wedding. The reproduction of the sash looks a bit large though...it blocks the sort of 'slit' in the top of the dress.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
laurent, saint, yves