How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye Park Lover
He wasn't a political character, but a genius fashion designer, why that guy shot him is beyond me!? But Gianni I hope you rest in peace

[edit] so now Donatella's daughter's turned 18 and she owns the majority of the company, will she become the designer, or will Donatella carry on taking the fashion world by storm?
Allegra´s interest has nothing to do with fashion, she wants to study drama so i think Versace´s destiny will still lie on donatella´s hands.

16-01-2006
fashion icon

I love Versace always have and always will.He is greatly missed.

16-01-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrie
by him ofcourse.an Homage to Gianni
Where online can i go to find some designs he put out before he passed? Because i would really like to post my fovorite on here.

16-01-2006
tfs star

you can find a few collections from him at fritview.com

16-01-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by j´adore dior
Allegra´s interest has nothing to do with fashion, she wants to study drama so i think Versace´s destiny will still lie on donatella´s hands.
But will she give her 50% over to her mother, or will she just keep it and get 50% of the company's profit?

16-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye Park Lover
But will she give her 50% over to her mother, or will she just keep it and get 50% of the company's profit?
you got me there!, i´m not totally sure but i think i saw on the news that people from versace will take care of it or something, i don´t think she will give her 50% of the company, i think or it sounds better to have people administrating it for you right?, i don´t know, it was Gianni´s will so it even sound a bit disrespecfull to give all of that work amounted fortune to somenone else, and at the end everything stays in family so...

16-01-2006
scenester

I find it kool that someone in this forum actually knew the versace family, thats just amazing.
Gianni we miss you,im sure heaven is a better place because of you.

06-03-2007
far from home...

Never been a fan, but he deserves to have an active thread

doylenewyork

Quote:

Versace Couture Jeweled Cuff Evening Jacket
Italian, 1980s

Of silk ottoman, scarlet exterior and aqua lining, metallic gold braid trim, three-quarter modified swing, batwing sleeves with deep aqua cuffs embroidered with polychrome rhinestones and sequins in mask motif, one size, labeled: Gianni Versace Couture.

Quote:

(left) Versace Jeweled Gator Print Dress, Italian, circa 1992. Estimate: $2,000 - 3,000.

(right) Versace Pastel Beaded and Jeweled Dress, Italian, circa 1991. Estimate: $3,000 - 5,000.

Quote:

Versace Couture Bondage Dress
Italian, Fall 1992

Black wool and silk challis, the two triangular breast panels with leather cuffs and Medusa button secured by channel stitched leather and fabric straps girding torso, pencil skirt with leather waistband and Medusa medallion, size 8/10, labeled: Gianni Versace/Couture.
Excellent condition.

One of only eight made, this lot is sold with the original Versace catalog Collezione Donna Autunno-Inverno 1992-1993 photographed by Irving Penn and is featured adorning Naomi Campbell, p.101 and 113.

Quote:

Versace Jewel Encrusted Bondage Halter
Italian, 1993

The ground of tiger pattern worked in seed beads with applique and embroidered baroque motifs of variform gold colored rhinestones, gilt-metal beads and metallic gold couching, black and white cotton straps at back, size 4, labeled: Versace Atelier.

See Gianni Versace, Vanitas, p.126 for bolero version.

06-03-2007
Looking Up

Bondage! That's so sexy! Oh how awesome Gianni was!

07-03-2007
windowshopping

I adore Gianni and for all of you who are interested, this is my forum:

http://gianniversace.free-forums.org/gianniversace.html

07-05-2007
....ITMFA....

Found while looking for other things and thought I should post it.

(fotostorica.it)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Versace (fotostorica.it).JPG (28.7 KB, 30 views)

www.flickr.com/jstreitdesign/
08-05-2007
Press escape to continue.

^ Lovely photograph. He was a giant!

metmuseum.org

backstage pass

Hey guys, I never really got to hear anything about what happened. Can anyone shed some light on the tragedy?

Thanks

Btw, MissoniHeiress, is your tfs name just a name or do you really have any relation to the House of Missoni?

08-05-2007
backstage pass

I should add thought, for the sake of the thread that I do very much love the older Versace stuff, not so much what Donatella has done.

08-05-2007
DŌMMkammern

i saw a tv show where they narrated how everything happened and how everyone dealed with it (friends of him, family, even how police acted to catch the criminal) it was broadcasted on ARTE last summer but it looked like and old documentary so it was probably not the first time it was shown.

i loved the images from the funeral. Anna wintour, karl lagerfeld, princess diana, elton john... everybody was there! it was sad yet extremely beautiful and passioned... just what gianni was all about i guess

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gianni, versace