How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Moschino Couture VIP Dress
Original sample, black silk long sheath V-neck, sleeveless with large letters from V to floor, V.I.P., labeled: Moschino Couture/Made in Italy.
doylenewyork

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 342590.jpg (65.2 KB, 7 views)

26-08-2007
earthbound

I'd never wear the teddy bear coat. Without the teddy bears, the coat would be just too plain, but with them, it would feel quite heavy around the neck.

Black Sequined Motorcycle Style Jacket - I think this piece is insanely gorgeous. I want it!

V.I.P. ...

28-08-2007
Press escape to continue.

Quote:
A group of amusing Moschino underwear, circa 1989-90, comprising: `Safe Sex' cotton body with embroidered gold and silver Moschino lock and chain to the hips; a pair of eye test knickers; and a black and white striped bra and knicker set trimmed with elasticated tape-measure bands.

kerrytaylorauctions.com

26-09-2007
& b

1990 "cartoon couture" collection

wool bustier with eyes applique

wool dress with gold embroidered thread trompe l'oeil "chain belt" ... "cartoon couture" written on the coin.

leslie hindman auctioneers

Last edited by Alejandro; 26-09-2007 at 04:17 PM.
26-09-2007
& b

ca. 1980s silk "lamp shade" bustier

& b

ca. 1980s wool strapless minidress made from a mens blazer

Last edited by DosViolines; 28-09-2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Please see tFS guidelines - missing image credits
26-09-2007
& b

1990 "stop the fashion system!" blazer

with a notched collar, single breasted with two self covered buttons, the back reads in black embroidery: STOP THE FASHION SYSTEM! Labeled: Moschino Couture! Made in Italy.

"STOP THE FASHION SYSTEM!" t-shirt with gold embroidery

Last edited by DosViolines; 28-09-2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Please see tFS guidelines - missing image credits
26-09-2007
& b

1990 "V.I.P." blouse

Last edited by DosViolines; 28-09-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Please see tFS guidelines - missing image credits
26-09-2007
& b

1990 "suit with mini suits"

with skirt suit appliques on jacket and skirt, cropped jacket with a jeweled neckline, rhinestone and faux pearl buttons, fully lined. Skirt in a pencil fit, fully lined. All labeled: Moschino Couture!

Last edited by DosViolines; 28-09-2007 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Please see tFS guidelines - missing image credits
26-09-2007
& b

1989 gold sequin "peace" dress

from the "peace and pearls" collection, with gold sequins in the shape of a peace sign at the back continuing to the front to look like a halter dress, black wrap style with deep V neckline, slightly pleated at front tie, self tie. Labeled: Moschino Couture!

Last edited by DosViolines; 28-09-2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Please see tFS guidelines - missing image credits
26-09-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
1990 "suit with mini suits"

with skirt suit appliques on jacket and skirt, cropped jacket with a jeweled neckline, rhinestone and faux pearl buttons, fully lined. Skirt in a pencil fit, fully lined. All labeled: Moschino Couture! ]
I love the miniature suits on a suit, the jacket and skirt pockets are hilarious! Thanks, Alejandro! Were all these treasures from the same source? Oh, and the peace dress ^. Superb.

earthbound

^ Agreeeed. The sequined Peace detail just makes the dress 100x more awesome.

03-10-2007
backstage pass

thanks ale for the pics.

i had no idea what the work of the house initially consisted of, and i must say im really pleasantly surprised!! so humorous, some of it reminds me of schiaparelli, and the mens blazer minidress is great!! like margiela, but before. i had no clue!

06-10-2007

We must be able to find more of his work... these are so incredible. I'm off and running!

Last edited by SomethingElse; 06-10-2007 at 06:04 PM.
06-10-2007

Quote:
Franco Moschino was born near Milan, Italy. After studying at the fine arts academy in milan, Franco Moschino worked as an illustrator until he launched his own moschino label in 1983. The opening of the first boutique, on Via Sant'Andrea in Milan, provides him with yet another formidable communications medium. it's a squarish, deep space, like a room - a stage for episodic performances, a place from which to broadcast messages, moods, opinions. ethical advertising and aesthetic provocation, trend-busting ideas and messages, in constant conflict with the fashion system. a space that has the qualities of a mirror of the times.

'I think fashion is something you can laugh about forever,' he once said. 'but in the end, it's the most difficult thing to laugh at because people take it so seriously.' Moschino was charismatic, imaginative, and irreverent. When interpreted in Moschino's unique way, even holidays like Christmas and Easter can offer an excellent pretext for humorous disgressions. 'I'm interested in the social, psychological, geographical and spiritual implications of our way of appearing. clothes should be screens on which we can project our spirit. We all need love, tenderness, simple things. the smallest, stupidest fabric dolls offer us the intimate sensation of existing.' Moschino said.

' I reject a system that doesn't move, I stay away from this business that exploits human imbecility. too much salt, too much colesterol, the blood no longer circulates... a real case of arteriosclerosis'.

He loved dadaism, the graphic decoration of fornasetti, the concept art of piero manzoni, the pop culture, of the kind which from Kienholz to Warhol sheds light on the seductive-decadent power of mass products, putting the accent on the appeal of the container and the lackof content in mass-media culture. 'What I have loved and still love about pop is its schizophrenia and distortion, its three-dimensionality and sensorial confusion... am I a bit pop? I won't deny it.' Moschino said.

in 1994, moschino died leaving his name to a completely new interpretation of fashion that incorporates his originality, sense of humor and provocativeness. Until today a part of the moschino profits is devoted to a non-profit organisation founded by Franco Moschino. This organisation uses its assets to support various charity projects.
Stop the Fashion System, February, 1990

Ceci n'est pas une boutique, May 1989

Saldi (Sale), January, 1990

Love nature and nature loves you, November 1993

Natale (Christmas), December, 1992

designboom.com

Last edited by SomethingElse; 06-10-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
franco, moschino