How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Vinyl Coat & Thigh-Hi Boots, 1960s
whitakerauction

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
2 Leonard Long Knit Gowns, 1960s
whitakerauction

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Fold-Up Dress for a Portable Society
American, 1964
The lime green satin design representing the structural shape of an iron bridge, namely, a sunray pleated circle emanating from cutout neckline with applique self pompom trim, rolled hem, no label.
See front cover of The Saturday Evening Post magazine Post, October 17 1964 and p.24 for Designs on Your Future article by Evelyn Jablow, a copy of which is offered with the lot.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Miss Paper Pompom Dress and Earrings
American, 1960s
The mini tent design of white plastic coated crinkled paper with red satin ribbon camisole straps, six inch diameter red plastic pompoms trimming hem, matched red pompom pendant earrings, labeled: Miss Paper/Division of Mitchell Brothers Inc..
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Two Baby Ruth and Butterfinger Paper Dresses
American, 1960s
Each a sleeveless tank, the first of vanilla ground with Baby Ruth logo printed vertically at center front and back, the second bright yellow with Butterfinger logo printed vertically front and back, each labeled: MM/Wastebasket Boutique by Mars of Asheville, NC.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Couture White Embroidered Organdy Late Day Dress
French, late 1960s
The modified tent smock with roll over bias collar and cuffs, shoulder yoke with long gathered sleeves, with an allover half step spectacular broderie anglaise pattern denser toward the hem, the foliate design laced with strips of bias organdy, single organdy slip layer, no label.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Pertegaz White Organdy Wedding Dress and Veil
Spanish, late 1960s
The fit and flare trained gown net backed, set-in flared sleeves, round neckline, all hems, edges and seams applique with scalloped white silk thread, self backed ivory silk chine sheath underdress, the church veil gathered to comb at crown with 27 inch frontispiece and 93 inch train, labeled: Pertegaz/Barcelona-Madrid.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Heim Fuschia and Gold Brocade Dress Suit
French, early 1960s
The empire over bodice attached only at V-neckline and extending to divided ties at back, pleated darts, cap sleeve, boned net bodice underdress with brocade slender skirt, the round necked jacket with bracelet length sleeves, pleated pockets at side front, attached self ties, labeled: Heim Actualite/Cannes/Paris/Biarritz.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Martin Deep Violet Silk Twill Cocktail Dress
Cuban, early 1960s
The modified sheath seamed at front sides and center back, round neckline extending to a double floating panel at back with U-shaped neckline, a deep band of lavender and lilac, beaded loops, faceted iridescent beads and rhinestones at hem, self covered belt with bow, labeled: Martin Original.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Pink Chenille Embroidered Gown
Attributed to Givenchy, French, 1960s
Of changeante silk faille, the sleeveless bodice with bateau neckline gathered and wrapped over to interior creme faille boned bustier creating padded effect, densely embroidered overall with pink chenille, rhinestones and seed beads in fleur de lys style motif, bias self ribbon tie belt at curved waistline dipping in back, controlled pleat skirt with curved seams each side front, backed and silk lined, no label.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Odette Beaded Paisley Swing Jacket
Spanish, 1960s
Worked from an original paisley shawl, the boteh pattern reiterated with polychromatic faux seed pearls and black sequins embroidery, round neckline, drop shoulder set in elbow length bell sleeve, lined in black satin, labeled: Odette/Palma de Mallorca.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Kleibacker Eau de Nil Dress and Shrug
American, 1969
Of four-ply Bianchini silk crepe underlined in hand overcast lime silk shantung, the bodice with V-yoke of Alencon style lace, round neckline and modified cap sleeve piped in silk, dipped back waistline, bias string ties stitched down at front waistline, bias calf length skirt, lace shrug gathered at ends and trimmed in silk piping to form ruffle cuff, scalloped ruffle at neckline, labeled: Kleibacker.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Stephen Burrows for O Leather Patchwork Pants
American, 1960s
Desert tones, the western inspired bell bottom low risers with black leather laced whipstitching around patches and as closure at waistband sides, labeled: Stephen Burrows for O.
doylenewyork

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Dan Werlé Draped Silk Dress, 1960's

Dan Werlé's most credited role may be that in the designing & producing of the majority of Ms. Loretta Young's wardrobe, worn on her show The Loretta Young Show aired on NBC in America between 1953-1961 (it was the first and longest-running anthology drama series to feature a female star as host!). Each episode, she would exitedely make her appearance on camera wearing, always, a gorgeous custom-designed gown, that soon became the trademark of the show.

Though Werlé was the costumier designer for the television show, his garments were also available at his boutique in Beverly |Hills, which is where our dress would have been available.

It's fashioned from luxurious, substantial, cream silk, and overlaid with dotted silk tulle. The neckline and sleeves are fashioned from the dotted silk tulle, and give the delicate illusion of a veil, whilst behind there lay a trailing sash belt to complete the silhouette. I love the fact that Werlé chose to trim the tulle sleeves with a band of the silk, used in the body of the dress, giving it a perfectly finished appearance. Fastens at the back, labeled 'Werle - on Rodeo / Beverly Hills.'
heavenofgowns
Attached Images
File Type: jpg werlecreamdrapeddress1.jpg (226.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg werlecreamdrapeddress2.jpg (189.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werlecreamdrapeddress3.jpg (190.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werlecreamdrapeddress4.jpg (203.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werlecreamdrapeddress5.jpg (218.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werlecreamdrapeddress6.jpg (98.1 KB, 1 views)

28-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Werlé silk evening dress, 1960's

The dress is fashioned from a warm shade of glowing champagne raw silk, with a golden contemporary fabric, lurex, used for the top. Lurex was a popular and well-used material during the mid-20th century, that brought a look of 'glitzy' to the garment, giving the illusion of gold lamé.

The cut of the dress has been done in a most elegant manner, having a heavily gathered waistline which allows for a full, billowing skirt, whilst the full length provides a graceful, elongated silhouette. With bracelet length sleeves, allowing the wearer's jewellery to be visible at all times, and a bateau neckline which sweeps down the back.

It's decorated with fucshia roundels of glitter, to what appears to be a snowflake motif. Fastens at the back with a zipper, and is labelled Werlé / Beverly Hills.
heavenofgowns
Attached Images
File Type: jpg werleglitterdress2.jpg (198.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werleglitterdress1.jpg (210.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werleglitterdress3.jpg (155.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werleglitterdress4.jpg (182.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werleglitterdress5.jpg (478.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg werleglitterdress7.jpg (55.3 KB, 0 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1960s, decade, fashions, traditionchanging