How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-12-2010
V.I.P.

partially? admit it, your eyes were darting back and forth between the gyrating and the clothes

25-12-2010
Fat Karl

The menswear show is so funny! Love how the last few models come out with cigarettes and tumblers of scotch.

And the male go-go dancer is yummy.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 25-12-2010 at 06:02 PM.

25-12-2010
Looking Up

I was personally looking at the girl with the nearly non-existent g-string. How do they walk down the runway and not get distracted? lol. I'm not actually drawn too much to the menswear though, a lot of it looks too retro/70s for me, which is VErY Tom Ford and has almost become a classic now.

Last edited by Squizree; 25-12-2010 at 05:54 PM.
25-12-2010
V.I.P.

I've never seen tailoring scream "f*ck me" as loudly as Tom Ford's menswear tailoring does.

If anyone guy wants some action, they should hop to a Tom Ford store pronto and buy a suit/tux/coat.

But satisfaction brought it back
25-12-2010
backstage pass

loved all the outerwear for the first half... all the bags can be shipped to my home now... the go go dancer... looked a little lost around that pole. Oh and Noah Mills looked like he was told to bend over and cough right before walking onto the runway... just my opinion though... (I will admit I am very sickly right now and in alot of pain)

25-12-2010
V.I.P.

Those were some mediocre pole dancers. Videos like that of the Gucci F/W 2004 show are a reminder to those who object to Tom Ford's casting of a certain pop star in his womenswear debut show of the foundation upon which the Tom Ford legend was built.

26-12-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
^ What....the....fuk. Sorry, not even Tom Ford is gonna make me like that.
I'm not sure how I feel about what I just saw; I love Tom Ford and I did enjoy the clothes but sharing his sentiments: what the f did I just see? The show was way too campy for my tastes.

26-12-2010
D‘MMkammern

well...
the pole dancing is a little distracting, the runway is a little too crowded haha :p
the boys could've actually worn 'less' clothes. boxers yes, KINGSIZEEXTRALONGLEG no, thank you. The girls look quite good, but their culottes could've also been a little sexier, no? *ilikethewaaaaaayyoumove*

the clothes, are great indeed and very wearable still.

26-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
I've never seen tailoring scream "f*ck me" as loudly as Tom Ford's menswear tailoring does.

If anyone guy wants some action, they should hop to a Tom Ford store pronto and buy a suit/tux/coat.
damn

that's more expensive than a callgirl tho

26-12-2010
fashion insider

I just can't get enough of Tom Ford's Sex at Gucci! Lately I've into the stuff of the late 90s and early 00's to remind me of the trends that were going on when I was a kid. If I were born in the late 80s I would of really enjoyed more the early 00s and experience the whole sex scene that Tom Ford created. I miss all the provocative ads and seductive clothing at Gucci.

27-12-2010
D‘MMkammern

^^ and to think of what has become of the same fragance today

bonparfum.com

27-12-2010
Fat Karl

Wow. I'd never seen the Envy by Gucci commercial! It is so sexy. Thanks, ChrisGalaxY! And Dkammern, it's so true, how awful the bottle is now. I don't see anything remotely envious about it. It looks like a bad Dior product.

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

Envy Me was released in 2004, no? that was still in Tom Ford's timeframe i think, even tho it could have been released after his departure. i guess he still would have had to sign off on it, since a fragrance does take a while to be produced.

what i do notice tho, is that Gucci is currently slowly going back to Tom Ford era-esque presentation. i especially see it in the shopping back. after several years of pretty tacky ones (there was white with the script and those golden ones... were there more?), the current ones are closer to the old ones (black logo on dark brown paper, now it's gold logo on dark brown paper, albeit embossed with GG all over).

27-12-2010
D‘MMkammern

^^
gucci is trying hard to go back to what it used to be, it is true.
Frida stated so many times that she wanted to move away from it, that it is now a bit shameful to do it so blatantly, specially in some of the menswear and her last two collections for womenswear.

but, the change in the bags however came from "above" this time around.
apparently, monsieur Pinault (owner of the group) is more and more concerned about the environmental impact of his labels; or his wife is, actually...
anyway, the thing is he now admittedly and religiously follows her advise and he does things like driving a hybrid card, and "unglossing" shopping bags (making them 100% recyclable, no toxic colorants, etc.) and there you have the answer for the new bags!

EDIT: about the envy me thing, although it's very close to Fords departure, it could easily not be 'his' project. Developing new perfumes takes a lot less than we would like to think (or pay for unfortunately) and in gucci's case, it's Procter&Gamble how does all the fragrances (P&G=great power for developing and marketing new products in the blink of an eye)
In Ford's era it would've been him having the final yes/no... but specially with the change of powers when he left, and helped by the good economic performance of the new product, I don't see why they wouldn't have allowed it to continue under their portfolio (no matter how product and brand image related).

Last edited by Dkammern; 27-12-2010 at 05:46 PM.
28-12-2010
V.I.P.

all hail Selma Hayek then!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ford, gucci, tom, ysl