How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-06-2009
tfs star

it is very Ferre.

12-06-2009
Looking Up

Wow. Such a masterpiece. I dont where to begin.

The gothic style is no doubt stunning, the leather coats, the full skirts, the severe hair and makeup.
Tom was so good at creating a powerful mood and you couldnt help but stare like an idiot at how much beauty and personality his clothes carried.

Look at YSL nowadays...

28-06-2009
scenester

I found an interview of Tom Ford by Charlie Rose and wanted to share it:

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/3925

Source: charlierose.com

Enjoy!

29-06-2009
no tom ford, no thanks.

^thank you for sharing! this interview reminds me of my old obsession with tom ford which has clearly never gone away!!

tfs star

I am bored: let's see some beauty...

This is my all time favorite handbag ever designed I think. If I were a girl, I would covet it with all my heart. Both the python and white croc versions are stunning. It is from my fave TF show, FW 03 Gucci. That said, I am not a fan of this ad campaign in particular: I think it could have been much more beautiful, heart-wrenching and cinematic, just like the show. After seeing the rose petal rain and the sheer sublime presented in that show, I wish we could have an ad campaign equally cold yet haunting. Oh well.

I am also crazy about the shades Dewi is wearing. I wish I could find them on ebay or smthng, since they look quite unisex and they would fit my face very well.

bwgreyscale.com

01-07-2009
tfs star

One of my fave TF dresses. His version of an LBD I guess. One of these was recently on sale on ebay actually.

I also adore this corset obviously. I have never seen anything so modern and sensual at the same time. This would be one of his less commercial and more 'editorial' pieces. The structure and the architecture of the piece is quite spectacular.

source same as above

01-07-2009
tfs star

Another spectacular look. I love the olive shearling top with blush pants and the pumps... A very strong look for a girl of the moment.

Other looks from the same campaign. Very timeless in their modernity and attitude.

He was one of the few designers who could make black lace look modern somehow and not matronly, even though I am not sure if this dress is made of lace exactly. (note D&G and how awful their approach to the fabric has been)

source same as above

Last edited by b9409; 01-07-2009 at 03:42 AM.
01-07-2009
tfs star

Another absolute fave: the gold python 'fan' jacket. I love the Spanish fan-like pleated detailing near the pockets and at the back of this stunning piece of utter genius and Hedonism. So luxurious and indulgent. Oh, and the best shoes money can buy, btw.

source same as above

01-07-2009
tfs star

I suppose everybody wanted to be a Gucci girl or Gucci boy at the time. Just look at the perfect ease Hana seems to exist in... The hair, the silk sweat-pants, the stunning heels, and the jacket so carelessly thrown at her back waiting for some new adventure that the night is going to bring after the sunset...

... in some ways, his FW collections were very NY and his SS collections were all very decidedly LA I always think. Two cities he loved and different styles he helped to shape over the years.

01-07-2009
Looking Up

To me Gucci Fall 2003 is Tom Ford's best collection he's ever done for any label. The campaign was random but the woman created in that show has stuck in my head for as long as I can remember.

01-07-2009
rising star

Gucci Fall 2003 is also my favorite. The woman in the show is utterly sexy, feminine, glamorous and so strong. The coats are fabulous, especially the one on Ai Tominaga. It is just the complete package.

Fall 2002 comes a close second though.

01-07-2009
V.I.P.

god, i love that purse too. some of my friends have it and it's utterly useless, being so flat, but hell, it's chic and edgy as hell.

and i disagree about your choice of shoes Pasha. my all time favorite Gucci heels are the corsett sandals with the bamboo heel. those were spectacular...

01-07-2009
tfs star

^those bamboo heels were so beautiful and very slutty at the same time. I don't know: I loved all the SS 04 shoes he has shown. That style also came in gold python... yum!

01-07-2009
front row

Thanks for the postings Pasha. I have those Gucci pants in black and also white (White one's came from Brittney Gastineau). Been looking for pics of them

01-07-2009
V.I.P.

these own my heart

both from ebay

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ford, gucci, tom, ysl