How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

Balenciaga S/S 1998 Paris

*Balenciaga.com

01-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

*Balenciaga.com

Some Like It Hot

*Balenciaga.com

Some Like It Hot

*Balenciaga.com

Some Like It Hot

*Balenciaga.com

Some Like It Hot

*Balenciaga.com

Some Like It Hot

The collection was originally presented on 18th October 1997 at the Opéra Bastille, Paris.

Quote:
In contrast, the premiere showing of Nicolas Ghesquiere for Balenciaga was a dissertation on architectural cut. Exclusively in black and white, the collection was deliberately and successfully severe. Wool dresses floated downward as if held by invisible threads. Trousers fell so sharply and precisely they made an uninterrupted line from waist to ankle. A pagoda-sleeved coat with an obi-type sash was so impeccably cut that it appeared able to make any woman magically posture perfect.
*Nytimes.com

V.I.P.

This collection was utter perfection Love this so much, there are dozens of pieces here that I'd love to own. So wearable and fabulous.

What's with the censored shoes in the look with the fringed/embellished top in #5, btw?

09-08-2012
Stitch:the Hand

honestly,you can tell this is not a full ghesquiere collection as it still retains a lot of that elegance and fluidity that thimister is known for and who was abruptly fired in the middle of designing following a highly controversial autumn 97 collection,which featured the likes of british electronic noise band add n to x playing live. ghesquiere of course was on the design team and was promoted,thus,he was thrusted into finishing this.

09-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
This collection was utter perfection Love this so much, there are dozens of pieces here that I'd love to own. So wearable and fabulous.

What's with the censored shoes in the look with the fringed/embellished top in #5, btw?
Technical error on my part, here it is again.

*Balenciaga.com

Away From Here

So beautiful, still. I feel so old though I remember this collection like it was yesterday! It's also making me miss strappy shoes after years of clodhoppers

Last edited by vikingqueen; 10-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.
24-09-2012
fashion elite

27-05-2013
fashion insider

the clean lines of this collection still hold up today. the collection is modern but in a classic way. love the headwear.

11-06-2013
backstage pass

Wow, it always amaze me how a collection from 15 years ago can look absolutely modern and wearable today.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1998, balenciaga, paris, s or s