How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-07-2005
windowshopping

any runnway pic?

14-07-2005
scenester

I have some. Patience...

14-07-2005
V.I.P.

nice dress

does anyone know how u can create a new thread?

14-07-2005
Bacchus

Knowledge is power.

14-07-2005
chaos reigns

Hum ... Are there any kinderwhores around? Where are my Dr Martens?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscrape
i think the grunge collection was important because it subverted fashion. how more F-you is it to remake cheap-*** streetwear as high end fashion and sell it back to the wealthy?
Ironically now Marc is LVMH's monogrammed prostitute.

21-11-2005
V.I.P.

So anybody have runway piccies to share?

trendsetter

here is an interview marc did...interviewmagazine.com

MARY: Let's revisit a collection I loved, which was the Spring '93 Grunge Collection for Perry Ellis.
MARC:
Oh, it's my favorite.
MARY: Oh, good.
MARC: That was a time when I did love music, I couldn't get enough of what was going on. Maybe it was Nirvana that brought me back. I guess it was a comfort because something that sounded so right — and non-commercial — had become so influential, so immediately. I remember being in Berlin the year the wall came down, and I was in some bar, and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was on the radio. At that moment I felt an energy I'd only felt before at clubs like Hurrahs, or when I was listening to garage bands.
MARY: Did that free you to try something radical?
MARC: I liked the idea of making some visual noise through clothing. I found a two-dollar flannel shirt on St. Mark's Place and I sent it off to Italy and had it made into a $300-a-yard plaid silk. It was like the Elsa Perretti crystal tumbler at Tiffany that was inspired by a paper Dixie Cup. I love to take things that are everyday and comforting and make them into the most luxurious things in the world.
MARY: And you made the fancy Birkenstocks.
MARC: Yes. We asked Birkenstock to make satin Birks. We asked Converse to make duchesse satin sneakers. If I were wearing a tuxedo I'd want to wear it with satin Converse sneakers. I'd want my tuxedo to be shrunken and ill-fitting, so I'd look like one of the John Holmstrom cartoons from Punk magazine. It's the idea of imperfection, of being awkward.
MARY: Did you know it would cause such a stir?
MARC: I didn't set out to be some hellion. But everybody labeled it grunge. There were a lot of things that stimulated me to do it, and music was one of them. But there was also this new kind of beauty that was starting to be recognized. Girls like Kate Moss. There was this idea of the shoe-gazer, this person who couldn't look up, who's sort of insecure. And I've always felt like that, that I never fit in. But that's sort of empowering too.

and here is a verrrrry small pic

marcosabino.com

21-11-2005
rising star

There's a video on the fashionfile.com website featuring Marc's Fall 2002 collection that makes reference to the Perry Ellis 1992 collection that got him fired. If you go here (http://www.fashionfile.com/videoplay...Marc_Jacobs.rm) and scroll to about 1:51 into the video you can see a very short segement of runway footage from the show. There's also some different footage from the collection here (http://www.fashionfile.com/videoplay...ion_File_15.rm) at about 3:43 in a segemnt celebrating Fashion File's 15 Anniversary.

30-11-2005
front row

I'm desperately looking for some pics of this too. If anyone has some, please post!

04-12-2007
urd
tfs star

Clockwise from top left: Jacobs with models at a 1985 party; Kristen McMemeny and Kate Moss in Jacobs's 1992 "grunge" collection; a Murakami bag; a dark angel from Jacobs's fall 2005 collection; polish at Vuitton, 2005. (Photo: Clockwise from top left: Patrick McMullan; Courtesy of Marc Jacobs; Courtesy of Louis Vuitton; First View (2))

credit. http://nymag.com/nymetro/shopping/fa...44/index3.html

04-12-2007
backstage pass

I believe that the music video for Sonic Youth's sugarcane song was filmed during the runway show for this collection. At the very least, Marc is in the music video with alot of models in clothing from that collection. I think you should be able to find the music video on Youtube.

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

I would love to see pictures from this collection aswell,even though i aint a fan. Still find it interesting.

05-12-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I believe that the music video for Sonic Youth's sugarcane song was filmed during the runway show for this collection. At the very least, Marc is in the music video with alot of models in clothing from that collection. I think you should be able to find the music video on Youtube.
it's also got chloe sevigny in it.

05-12-2007
V.I.P.

there's a pic of this collection on bazaar dec 1999if i got a camera...i will take a sanpshot and post it.......

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1992, collection, ellis, grunge, jacobs, marc, perry