How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2007
Press escape to continue.

Quote:
1968 Where are the giant zippers in Spring 1968: on the hats of course. Here it circles the crown of this navy blue felt one just above a chartreuse hatband. A wide floppy brim softly shades and frames the face. Lanvin's version of the men's style hat.

Quote:
1972 White trouser suit in pure worsted wool from Dormeuil. Oxford bags topped by a short squared-off jacket in pure wool ratteen from Forneris-Bosch with elbow length sleeves gathered onto the shoulder. Collared generously in green fur. The long knitted gloves and pull-on hat are typical accessories at Lanvin this season.

vads.ahds.ac.uk

The End!

13-06-2007
far from home...

SomethingElse, you really outdid yourself

Quote:
Lanvin Castillo Embroidered Scarlet Organdy Dress
French, 1950s
Metallic gold vinery and red silk floral cartouches overall, the boned bodice with squared neckline and band straps, self bow at bust, full gathered skirt, multilayered red tulle petticoats and horsehair hem faille lining, size 6, labeled: Jeanne Lanvin/Paris and Castillo.
Very good condition, some spotting at bodice.
doylenewyork

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 522727.jpg (173.2 KB, 1 views)

13-06-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Two Lanvin Embroidered Bolero Ensembles
French, late 1970s
The first of gold snakeskin lame comprising a draped camisole, cummerbund belt, the jacket lavishly embroidered with chain stitch polychrome flowe heads and vinery, faceted beads, gathered sleeve caps, self lined, labeled: Lanvin/Paris and tape label: 90490, the second of black silk velvet, the camisole and jacket embroidered with metallic gold thread, sequins, faux emerald and ruby rhinestone arabesques and scrolls, size 4, labeled: Lanvin/Paris and tape label: 91229.
Each in excellent condition.
doylenewyork
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 481116.jpg (87.2 KB, 3 views)

17-06-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin-Castillo satin ballgown with metallic embroidery, c.1950. Labels: "Jeanne Lanvin/Paris" and "Castillo."
vintagetextile

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1695x.jpg (52.1 KB, 6 views)

17-06-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin-Castillo jeweled silk organza evening jacket with matching obi sash, c.1950. Labels: "Made in France/Jeanne Lanvin/Paris" and "Castillo."
vintagetextile

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1367x.jpg (55.5 KB, 4 views)

17-06-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin peau de soie/lace evening dress, c.1960. Label: "Lanvin/Paris" with the couture number on the back.
vintagetextile

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1210x.jpg (41.7 KB, 3 views)

17-06-2007

Oh my goodness - the pair of matador boleros are absolutely divine, DosViolines. High waisted Spanish black silk trousers, a white silk halter top... jeweled slippers. A jaunty cap. I can see it all now...

far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin cotton mini dress, 1980s

You can build your entire summer wardrobe around a perfect Little White Dress like this cotton LWD from Lanvin. It can be dressed up or down. Add an exotic antique shawl and high heels for a romantic evening or wear the dress casually with flat sandals.

Though it looks quite simple, the dress is meticulously constructed with two separate layers. The outside is heavy corded cotton; the inside is acetate. Each layer closes in back with a zipper. The outer zipper is hand stitched, a detail expected from a fine old couture house. I love the lace edging around the bodice.

The LWD subtly evokes the romance of a wedding gown and is also a great way to symbolize a fresh start in any aspect of your life. No wonder top celebrities have succumbed to the allure of the LWD. Scarlett Johansson, Joss Stone, Kate Moss, and Ashlee Simpson have all been spotted in a Little White Dress recently.
vintagetextile

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2168e.jpg (50.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2168c.jpg (47.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2168f.jpg (74.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2168g.jpg (82.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2168h.jpg (70.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2168i.jpg (70.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2168j.jpg (73.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2168k.jpg (63.5 KB, 0 views)

20-06-2007

Interesting structure ^ as it appears to be double layered, with double zippers. I don't think I've ever seen this structural technique before. Great find, DosViolines!

far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin Castillo Black Boucle Ensemble
French, 1960s
The dress with asymmetrical left closure fastened with two large disc buttons at round neckline and waist, kimono cap sleeve, black silk lining, the boxy jacket with asymmetrical button closure and V-shape hem at back, set in bracelet length sleeves, size 6, labeled: Jeanne Lanvin/Castillo/Paris and tape label: (?)7696.
doylenewyork

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 446338.jpg (32.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by DosViolines; 23-06-2007 at 09:51 AM.
08-07-2007
earthbound

Quote:
Lanvin Haute Couture , Paris 1967

copyright © 2007 Christopher Moore Limited
catwalking.com

09-07-2007
far from home...

The front side of the dress from post #51

Quote:
Lanvin Dropped Waist Evening Gown
Early 1960s
The top tightly fitted, of black floral lace over nude, with low round neck at front, bare to waist at back, long lace sleeves, the full skirt of taffeta, overlapping and crossing from right to left at front, front hem at mid calf, dipping to floor at back, with detachable olive green silk sash at mid hip, tying in streamers or bustle at back, size 4, labeled: Lanvin/Paris and tape label: 90444.
Excellent condition.
doylenewyork
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 321358.jpg (10.2 KB, 3 views)

09-07-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin Blush Silk Jacket
French, 1960s
Safari styling, with waistband, hip peplum, wide dolman sleeves accordion pleated at back, size 42, labeled: Lanvin/Paris/Made In France.
doylenewyork
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 323237.jpg (15.5 KB, 0 views)

09-07-2007
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin-Castillo Melon Orange Evening Cape
French, circa 1960
Silk, with funnel collar, two bows at front, large arm slits, labeled: Lanvin/22 Fbg St. Honore/Paris, and Castillo/Made In France.
doylenewyork
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 325679.jpg (8.7 KB, 0 views)

16-07-2007
far from home...

Quote:
A LANVIN /CASTILLO BALL GOWN ORIGINALLY OWNED BY VIVIEN LEIGH, LATE 1950S

labelled Jeanne Lanvin and Castillo, of heavy white silk, the shaped and boned bodice with elaborate amethyst chenille and floss silk embroidery studded with blue and pink pastes and faux pearls, with matching deep purple stole
sothebys

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44ZV9_W03834-180.jpg (17.6 KB, 7 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lanvin, postjeanne or prealber, vintage