How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / History of Style : a remembrance of things past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin Psychedelic Print Evening Dress
French, late 1960s
Silk organza printed with Peter Max style pattern in shades of pink, orange, grape, white and maize, princess line, with fitted strapless bodice and full skirt with three underlayers, the bodice cut with triangular piece extending to throat and attaching around neck with narrow self band, the bodice top edge trimmed with long looped self fringes, labeled: Jeanne Lanvin/Paris.
doylenewyork

29-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin Pink Pantaloon Evening Suit
French, mid 1960s
Of two-tone pink and gold metallic floral pattern silk matelasse, comprising a waist length boxy top with bracelet length sleeves, bateau neck, and large pink and gold buttons at back, and knee length full pantaloons, with concealed side pockets, Together with Brocade Mules en Suite, the shoes labeled: Jeanne Lanvin/Paris.
doylenewyork

29-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin Metallic Grid Pattern Evening Coat
French, 1960s
Trench coat styling, fitted at bodice to waist, double breasted, with wide pointed collar and lapels, high pocket flaps, of copper, bronze, pewter and silver blocks overlaid with impressed square grid, olive silk lining, labeled: Lanvin/Paris
doylenewyork

29-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin Shell Pattern Lace Dress
French, mid 1960s
The ivory dress with square bib neckline, square armscyes, spaghetti straps and low square back, comprising a sheath underdress of cream gazar with black band at hem, and an A-line lace overdress patterned with swirling shell motifs, falling in folds from gathering at back, with black bow and silk gardenia accent, labeled: Jeanne Lanvin/Paris, no. 81150.
doylenewyork

29-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin Sequin Fringed Cocktail Dress
French, circa 1967
Of olive green silk crepe, the bodice sleeveless, with round neckline, the skirt slim, each entirely overlaid with long fringes composed of large flat iridescent green sequins, suede belt, labeled: Jeanne Lanvin/Paris
doylenewyork

29-07-2008
far from home...

Quote:
Lanvin Sequin Fringed Skirt
French, circa 1967
Of brown silk crepe, slightly flared, with attached self belt closing with bow at side, the skirt covered entirely from waistband to hem with three tiers of fringe composed of overlapping large flat sequins, the strands alternating in shades of turquoise, copper, iridescent purple, silver and gold, labeled: Jeanne Lanvin/Paris, label detached, interior tape label: annee 67.
doylenewyork

30-08-2008
far from home...

Lanvin from the 60s and 70s

cmadeleines.com

22-01-2009
backstage pass

On the left: Embroidered Mongolian jacket by Dior HC, I think trousers by YSL.

BUT ON THE LEFT: APPARENTLY, THIS DRESS IS BY LANVIN (the book says Lanvin HC 1983)

The book is about Iris Barrel Apfel and is called Rare Bird Of Fashion.

Now for my question: Does anyone know who was designing for Lanvin back then? Because I love this dress and I am so curious about the entire collection. I tried French Vogues from that period, but no luck.

So now I'm trying the fashion spot , hoping someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

source: scan from book by myself

Last edited by telepathicgoat; 22-01-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: forgot source :)
19-06-2009
In other words

From Couture: The Great Fashion Designers by Caroline Rennolds Milbank

Captions, from left to right:
1. Antonio del Castillo adjusting a 1951 [Lanvin] evening dress.
2. Romantic evening looks by Jules-Francois Crahay for Lanvin. [Obviously from the 80's... sometime between 1980-1984]
3. For the finale of a recent show [Mid-80's ], the house made up this Thirties Lanvin evening dress.

Scanned by flyme2themoon

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lanvin, postjeanne or prealber, vintage