How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes / Sneakers/Trainers
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean them? Mine have the worst salt stains and dirty stains on the fabric of the heel and the sides. I have a sweet *** pair of tri tone pink. schwing
i put myn in the washing machine on a low setting in a tight and delicate washing bag thing so they dont get scratched.. its alwyas worked for me b4.

14-03-2005
V.I.P.

I bought the black hi top ones this weekend, you can see the glue on it. I must admit it's very cheaply made.

15-03-2005
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Love, love, love my Converse Hightops - they're excellent for heading to the pub, or to a concert. They're not expensive at all here, roughly $40 AUS from where I buy them.

15-03-2005
V.I.P.

my friend has some slip on converse all stars and I want some but I can't find them ANYWHERE!

05-06-2005
backstage pass

Converse Trainers
First off, want to say that hopefully this is posted in the right place! I think it is a 'trend'.....

Was big in the 80's and now its back(since last year, it is the "in" thing)....nearly everyone is wearing them these days, in the UK anyway, or atleast in the Midlands! They come in all sorts of colours and styles. But some people still hate them. I say, bring back the 80's fashion!

So do you own a pair? If so what do you wear with it? IMO they look great paired with skinny jeans....

Here is Scarlett Johannson wearing a pair of Converse...

05-06-2005
Frozen irony.

Drainpipe jeans and converse, Me loves!!

Except those blue navy ones, I think they are so ... blah..

05-06-2005
windowshopping

Chucks are the only shoes I own! Well, those, and a pair of uncomfortable slip-on Vans. I like to be comfortable, and my aunt, who used to rock Converse back in the 80's, told me that they would be, so I bought a pair. Now, I buy every new color/pattern I see.

(I prefer high-tops, though I own a pair of cami low-tops.)

Chuck Taylors are supposed to wear out pretty quickly, so I find it funny that the only pair of mine that are completely scuffed and ruined- and they get the same treatment as any other pair- are my American Flag ones.

I think my shoes are trying to tell me something.

Oh- I wear mine with boot cut jeans, cuffed (like I'm a Greaser). ;-)

-Erica

06-06-2005
front row

converse are a really big trend since more than a year imo esp in the so called 'hipster' scene. you see them also on tons of celebrties and models in candids and just fo to a 'indie club' in any city you will spot at least 10.
I looove my converse. they are soo comfy I wear them with jeans - straightcut ones or the 70ties style one, which get a bit wider at the ends.

it seems to me a bit - that converse became one of these stament garments, you know they seem to signfy that the person belongs to something somehow alternative and possibly has a taste for indie rock. this seemed to me always one big reason for their popularity at least in europe - because honestly - comfy or not who wants to pay 60€ up for a bit of cloth with rubber?

06-06-2005
trendsetter

I love them, but now they are a plague!! Everybody is wearing it! Well, not everybody (in my school we are only 4 or 5 people in converses and I like that) but I see a lot of people in the streets and clubs with them. It's true what you've said that they tend to be related to the indie-rock scene, I usually a go to a music pub on saturdays than only has rock music and 1/2 people there wear converses.
I've been wearing converses (hight-top, I have 2 pairs, black ones and light blue) for more than a year, always with jeans or with black leggins, because I don't like it with skirts or dresses.

06-06-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliana
it seems to me a bit - that converse became one of these stament garments, you know they seem to signfy that the person belongs to something somehow alternative and possibly has a taste for indie rock. this seemed to me always one big reason for their popularity at least in europe - because honestly - comfy or not who wants to pay 60€ up for a bit of cloth with rubber?
Ha, i agree!

And for myself, i do think it is necessary to own a pair of .. somewhat trainer-like shoes - as a matter of principle , because it's boring to just own heeled shoes and Chucks are the only ones i like of that kind, so i just recently bought new black hightops (I used to have a navy blue pair 4 years ago when i was 14 and i wore them to deathhhh haha, my mother threw them away without my knowledge because i wouldn't have allowed it and i was angry at her for at least 3 months )

06-06-2005
V.I.P.

Mary-kate and ashley are all about the converse sneakers especially the green ones. I dunno if I'd ever wear them myself i've always viewed them as something punkish rather than fashionable.

front row

I've never liked connies at all. But that's just me though, everyone around here wears them.

06-06-2005
scenester

i always like to raise the fact that nike owns converse whenever this kind of thing comes up.

06-06-2005
front row

EEK.. converse? Get real. I know, it's a global new trend. "Comeback" trend I would say.
But I cannot imagine my feet in those shoes. Ugh. All my friends own at least a pair, and I just cant keep myself but wonder. AM I the only one who doesn't like connies?
Lol.. going around seeing lots of sheepies around, isn't exactly a pleasure. All of them wearing converse.

What happened to personal style? I know many people who wear them just because it's a trend and everybody owns a pair. Pair my ... lol

anyways.

V.I.P.

I don't wear them because they're a trend. I wear them because I love how they look with my clothes and because they're just so comfortable. They (my hi top black) are the only shoes I wear.

I LOVE them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
converse, star