How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes / Sneakers/Trainers
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-06-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssanguine
actually i agree with softgrey. i hate people who wear chucks that are not dirty and ripped and torn. it makes a siren go off in my head like "WANNABE!!!" "POSEUR!" and the sort. i don't wear sneakers very often but like to pair my ripped dark brown chucks with torn lacy pretty skirts!
but how do you make them dirty without damaging them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy
I love my cucks...I have pink ones! lately I see ppl wearing two different ones...one blue and one red, or one black and one pink...
I don't think that would look good..I hope that this dosnt catch on!

I think Kate Moss looks good in that picture? Whats wrong with her outfit?

What do you think of the chequered Converse? I think they only suit guys, but I'm not a very big fan of those.

07-06-2005
V.I.P.

Avril wears checkered converse Ill find a pic of it later. I don't like it as much as the plain one colored ones but you could probably make them work.

V.I.P.

heres a pic of one of the richards daughters wearing checkered I kinda like the way she wore it. Suits her age there.

V.I.P.

I don't really care if they're a trend or not. If they were the trendiest shoes in the world (which they are on the way to becoming) I'd still wear them. If they were considered the ugliest shoes in the world, I'd still wear them.

I own 5 pairs..I want to get the tourquise ones MK has and purple ones.

backstage pass

Who are the Richards?

Oh I didn’t know you could get coloured chequered Converse..

I like it when guys wear their Converse with a 'casual' suit. But so far I have only seen it on 'celebs'. Like where would a guy dressed in a suit and Converse go? hmmmm...The guy in the Mariah Carey video "We belong together" is sporting this 'trend', and here is a pic of Orlando Bloom with Converse and a suit. Looking mighty fine as always.

Not a lot of people have stated what they wear their Converse with? With everything or just a few items of clothing? And which colour Converse do you own?

Me...I have just bought a pair, and they’re the black ones. Gotta be a little safe first. I would love to own a white pair and also a camouflage pair. But I'm gonna get use out of my black ones first. With the camouflage and white, there is not alot that would go with them. What do you think would go with them? (BTW-the white ones are different shoes to the camouflage. Just in case you were thinking they're the same shoe!)

Last edited by missy-t1; 07-06-2005 at 02:26 PM.
07-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i think they look much better when they are 'falling apart'...
that's part of the aesthetic....
it's punk..it's rock n roll....it's dirrrrty.....

Finally someone who understands. My mum is always tempted to put mine into the washing machine. I'm like NooOo leave them all muddy!
You should see her facial expression when I say that..

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_savy

heres a pic of one of the richards daughters wearing checkered I kinda like the way she wore it. Suits her age there.
those are VANS...
a whole different animal...
more of a 'skater' look than a 'punk' look...
but also cool in a different way...

07-06-2005
flaunt the imperfection

i just think it's a great way for a teen or young twenty something who doesn't have a lot of $$$ to spend to look 'cool'...

it's pretty simple really......
i can't wear them myself...but i like the way they look on others....
i personally think they look HIDEOUS with a dress or skirt...
makes your feet look like boats...

i like them best with jeans or cropped pants...
even leggings and a skirt is better than just a skirt....

07-06-2005
Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
I agree that Converse are beginning to get really trendy and annoying (after being purchased by Nike), since they initially became very popular with punk and rockers. When they first started wearing it, it was a way to rebel against the society of consumption. The Chuck Taylors were everything but trendy: they were very basic and unfashionable. Until the day every so called alternative kid on the planet decided they wanted to look punk or BUY a rebellious image.

But it's a bit ironic when I see kids who are anti almost everything and are against multi nationals, but end up wearing their Converse with pride.... Converse no longer have a message. Now it's just a pair of trendy, comfortable and beautiful shoes.
the converse chuck taylor was developed in 1917 and was the first sneaker to be MASS produced in the united states .....its also one of the highest selling sneakers of all time...i think it is silly to say the shoe is a "way to rebel against the society of consumption." its an easy shoe that everyone owns....a classic,an icon ... and yes has many different 'faces' but anti- consumer ?, that is -

V.I.P.

^^ yeah my mum and dad wore chucks in the late 70's early 80's when they were my age (which is 16 by the way). I never thort i would were something my mum and dad wore lol

07-06-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy-t1
Me...I have just bought a pair, and they’re the black ones. Gotta be a little safe first. I would love to own a white pair and also a camouflage pair. But I'm gonna get use out of my black ones first. With the camouflage and white, there is not alot that would go with them. What do you think would go with them? (BTW-the white ones are different shoes to the camouflage. Just in case you were thinking they're the same shoe!)
I always think that the black pairs, particularly black leather, go really well with jeans. I also think that the white canvas goes really well with black or dark grey/blue suits, although I prefer white canvas slip ons to converse.

I guess it goes with the subversive image, but its odd that its the 'wrong' shoes for each outfit. Black leather with jeans and white canvas with a suit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slip ons.jpg (49.5 KB, 576 views)

07-06-2005
V.I.P.

The richards as in daughters of Keith Richards from the rolling stones. They do modelling and are bit known for their fashion sense there's a thread on them in the star style thread.

princely

Yeah the checkered ones are vans not converse, some guy in my bio class asked me where i got my converse sneakers today, he was surprised when i told him where i got it. Its like he had never seen them before

09-06-2005
front row

I love my converse hi-tops, but I've been looking for these converses that come up to the knee (the girl kneeing down with the green tank has them on)

I've been looking everywhere for them, any one know where I can find those?!?

09-06-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_killed_couture
I love my converse hi-tops, but I've been looking for these converses that come up to the knee (the girl kneeing down with the green tank has them on)

>>EDIT : Please remove pics from quotes. <<.

I've been looking everywhere for them, any one know where I can find those?!?
I saw them at Up Against The Wall a while back, they had the all-leather ones and camoflouge, but they weren't cheap. They might still be on Converse.com or try Zappos.com

Last edited by Kimkhuu; 09-06-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
converse, star