How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes / Sneakers/Trainers
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2004
front row

I just wanted to gather some opinions from our resourceful community here , about these Sergio Rossi sneakers that I'm considering.

Do you think they'd be too over the top for a guy? I have a lot of light grey / silver items in my closet and these would make a perfect match, but I don't want to look like some silly flaming fashion victim.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

24-04-2004
V.I.P.

Personally, I don't like them. Your opinion is what matters though.

24-04-2004
fashion insider

i don't think they are over the top at all. there are much more gaudy shoes out there that being worn everyday by my male relative alone. i think they are perfectly wearable.

V.I.P.

i dont think they are over the top at all.
on the contrary, i find them rather boring.. if you are that daring kinda guy, im sure there is much nicer silver -ish trainers.

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
24-04-2004
fashion insider

not over the top at all.

24-04-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Not a fan of the sole.

V.I.P.

boring... dull colour... n ugly shoe...

24-04-2004
V.I.P.

its pretty cool, but the style's a bit boring.

slightly dizzy

Well, they're basic trainers. The colour looks nice, but it's more lead than silver? They seem versatile.

V.I.P.

I'm not keen. As always, to each his own.

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by tott@Apr 24th, 2004 - 9:32 am
Well, they're basic trainers. The colour looks nice, but it's more lead than silver? They seem versatile.
Yeah tott, I suppose the colour is somewhere between lead and silver. I'm hoping that in person it's closer to lead than silver, and isn't too bright and shiny. I don't want to be blinding people with my shoes...

Now I appreciate all the feedback so far, but as for the comments about these shoes being "boring" and "dull", let's just say my taste is not of the outlandish freakshow variety.

I actually have two pairs of similar Sergio sneakers, in blue and black - and honestly they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried on. They don't suffocate your feet like "serious" athletic shoes like Nike but provide the support that's lacking in most designer sneakers. The black part of the sole is actually a piece of moulded carbon fibre, too add strength and flexibility, which is kind of nifty.

24-04-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:05 pm

I actually have two pairs of similar Sergio sneakers, in blue and black - and honestly they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried on. They don't suffocate your feet like "serious" athletic shoes like Nike but provide the support that's lacking in most designer sneakers. The black part of the sole is actually a piece of moulded carbon fibre, too add strength and flexibility, which is kind of nifty.
i like the colour and they do remind me of your other shoes which you've posted...they definitely look comfy ...i'm not big on rubber soled shoes, myself...but they seem to fit in well with your style and wardrobe...so i think you should order them...

24-04-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by tealady@Apr 24th, 2004 - 9:53 am
I'm not keen. As always, to each his own.
I agree with that

& b

I prefer my silver Prada sneakers best...I will post some pics soon

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orochian@Apr 24th, 2004 - 3:05 pm

i like the colour and they do remind me of your other shoes which you've posted...they definitely look comfy ...i'm not big on rubber soled shoes, myself...but they seem to fit in well with your style and wardrobe...so i think you should order them... [/b][/quote]
Thanks softgrey

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't a fan of rubber-soled sneakers not that long ago. I had been a strictly a loafers and dress shoes person - but then one day I got tired of looking twice my age (my friends, with their unrelenting jokes about my alleged "40-ish" wardrobe were also a source of motivation ) and thought, heck, if I don't start dressing down a bit and more age-appropriate while I'm young, very soon I'll be too old to attempt anything remotely funky or youthful.

And so begins my sneakers-and-hoodies stage, at least for the more mundane of days. I still enjoy dressing up when it's the right occasion, though.

Alejandro I'd love to see those sneakers you're talking about. I'm basically in search of a pair of silver/light grey shoes to go with a sweater with silver threads interwoven into the main yarn.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rossi, sergio, silver, trainers