How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes / Sneakers/Trainers
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-12-2005
tfs star

Sophisticated sneakers
I've been trying for some time now to find more sophistocated sneakers in the US. I wear heels most of the time, but for the days on which I have to do a lot of walking I'm exploring other (still stylish) options. I'm sure everyone has a different idea of what this may look like, and I'm wondering what kind of sneakers are popular in Europe. Are they common? And if not, what does comfortable everyday footwear look like?

Last edited by Virginielle; 31-12-2005 at 01:33 PM.

01-01-2006
V.I.P.

It's called Pumas. They're soo much more streamlined, Diesel used to be cool but now they've gotten sooo freaky and ugly.

02-01-2006
rising star

YEs, Puma are very very popular and there are some special edition ones that are gorgeous. We also use to buy Le Coq Sportif and last year in madrid I bought a lovely pair of Munich. By the way the most sold are nike, there are periodical invasions of theme , 2 years ago it was the shox monster one...

02-01-2006
windowshopping

Prada Do Nice Trainers

02-01-2006
tfs star

I recently bought a pair of Le Coq Sportif in Boston, Massachusetts. They're comfortable and they look good. I had never heard of them before.

02-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginielle
I recently bought a pair of Le Coq Sportif in Boston, Massachusetts. They're comfortable and they look good. I had never heard of them before.
Oooo...A new brand...I must find out where I can get some. I have to be the first on the streets with them...

02-01-2006
scenester

I used to adore Diesel but as Diorling said, they've gone downhill with the sneakers.

02-01-2006
Of too many minds

More info on this brand: http://www.lecoqsportif.com/

I love their sneakers for a more formal look, plus I think their rooster logo is really cute!
Got my first pair last year in Seoul and I have been a convert since then...

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
02-01-2006
fashion icon

Le Coq Sportif have been around for quite some time..... They do have pretty nice looking sneakers, I must say . I wanted to get a pair of white ones with a blue and red stripe but now I'm in love with a pair of white and red Onitsuka Tigers that i saw a while Christmas shopping..... Why not check out their website <www.lecoqsportif.fr>

front row

Does anyone know how the Le Coq Sportif shoes run size-wise? I'd like to get a pair and do not know which size I need

13-01-2006
windowshopping

I think they're pretty "normal". I'm a size 37, and 37 in Le Coq Sportif fits me perfectly. I work in a shoestore and haven't heard of anyone having to go up or down a size in them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sneakers, sophisticated