How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes / Sneakers/Trainers
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2004
V.I.P.

so i look down at the person below my locker's shoes and i want them sooooooo bad.

they were red and orange burlap or tweed VANS SLIP ONS.

ahh i love vans slip ons sooooo much.

i have these and a white pair.

i tried to find them online but i couldn't. does anyone know what shoes i'm talking about? and if so where i can get them?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4249076B.jpg (5.6 KB, 46 views)

11-02-2004
offline.

Love the slip ons. My friend Terry has the ones you are speaking of. I'll ask him where he got them tomorrow.

11-02-2004
V.I.P.

gracias.

15-02-2004
rising star

I loved slip ons when i was like 5 I didnt know they made them for adults!!! ill have to check them out

but come to think of it..i have seen them at "skate shops" like Zumiez or Hot Topic..stores i was dragged beaten and kicked into

15-02-2004
backstage pass

I have a LOT of van slip ons..I love them. There are a lot of limited edition styles here in san francisco, A-life editions [ a life nyc ] are my favorite, they're the checkered ones, but instead of being black and white, they're brown and blue and they are checkered all over (instead being white in the sides like normal ones)

There are also "furry" ones that are checkered brown and light brown (I forget who collaborated with them for this one) and special hand screened ones by an artist whos name slips my mind..but they run about 100.00 and are pretty nice (they have octupi and floral designs on them..)

I've been drawing on white ones myself...maybe I'll post some pics sometime.

15-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by mouko@Feb 15th, 2004 - 8:34 pm
I have a LOT of van slip ons..I love them. There are a lot of limited edition styles here in san francisco, A-life editions [ a life nyc ] are my favorite, they're the checkered ones, but instead of being black and white, they're brown and blue and they are checkered all over (instead being white in the sides like normal ones)

There are also "furry" ones that are checkered brown and light brown (I forget who collaborated with them for this one) and special hand screened ones by an artist whos name slips my mind..but they run about 100.00 and are pretty nice (they have octupi and floral designs on them..)

welcome mouko

may i also add that whoever is in london should visit the flagship store on carnaby street where you can find the LUELLA collection

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
15-02-2004
offline.

Hm... I thought I had replied... but i guess the site got trafficy when I went to post.

My friend said he bought them downtown in Soho.. on broadway... David Z.. But there are like 4 david Z's in NY.

21-03-2004
windowshopping

hey,
im in love with the same shoes. i have been hoplessly checking ebay every day for them. i know right now that there are a few pairs, not my size though. maybe yours. if so you might be able to snag a good pair for about 20. good luck.

21-03-2004
Reanimated

www.Zappos.com has a lot of Vans slip-ons - sometimes lim.edt.ones, too-

21-03-2004
backstage pass

i'm not sure if they're the same kind, but i've had a pair of pink/orange burlap-ish slip-ons for a while now + they were my favorite. but i run my sneakers into the ground, so they're kinda unwearable at the mo'.

i got REALLY excited when i saw another pair at the vans outlet store (for cheap, too), but they were a 10 ... which isn't my size...(i was normally a 9...but i've lost weight + my feet shrunk (?! weird, i know.). so a 10 womens wouldn't even be close...

i'm not sure if they have vans outlets anywhere else...that would be a good place to check...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.+Feb 15th, 2004 - 7:45 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Feb 15th, 2004 - 7:45 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mouko@Feb 15th, 2004 - 8:34 pm

welcome mouko

may i also add that whoever is in london should visit the flagship store on carnaby street where you can find the LUELLA collection [/b][/quote]
Will do

09-09-2005
front row

I know this is a dead topic, but I've got the classics, Hemp ones (in the silvery grey), the green checkered ones, and ones with skulls on them (to be ironic). I don't like wearing them in a lot of situations though, because a lot of people have turned them into a really bad trend and put them out of context.

11-08-2009
fashion icon

lets revive this thread. I work at Urban Outfitters and I wear mine pretty much everyday. I have 2 pairs of checkered ones and the all black and all white ones.

fashion icon

here is Ashley Olsen rocking the all white slip ons.

credit: thesuperficial.com

oh! darling

I can't stand the white ones because they are too plain. The checkered ones are lame too. :p No hard feelings, lmelanie.

I love the black ones. I don't like the black ones with the black rubber too. No thank you.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
excursion, slipon, vans