How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes / Sneakers/Trainers
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-04-2006
front row

Fly London - they are so comfy and look really funky, and the leather is so so soft

08-04-2006
V.I.P.

Converse all stars
Puma
Asics

08-04-2006
trendsetter

Vans Slip On. Love em with all passion.

08-04-2006
front row

my puma mostros hold up really well, as well as my all leather van runners and sude pumas. my chuck taylors are super cute, but the quality is horrid.

09-04-2006
backstage pass

Here is my faves

Red patent leather Adidas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hannahsavannah 007.jpg (306.7 KB, 3 views)

09-04-2006
lovely but empty

I agree with the Vans slip ons. They're soooo comfy, I love them, and Adidas has some pretty cool retro designs too.

10-04-2006
V.I.P.

vans, converses for me and i some times just wear some old school no brand school style all white plimsoles .. you can get them in any school oufitiers.

14-04-2006
backstage pass

I think Vans Slip On and Lacoste are very comfortable.

14-04-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
Are Converse expensive? They seem like the cheapest sneakers out there on the market for me.......especially when I get them in HK for about HKD200 - that's like less than $20.....
I have paid less than $20 for mine too, but that's because I don't buy them at places like Macys. Macys charges anywhere from $40 to $60 for Converse, depending on if its a brand new style or something like that. And people actually go to Macys and pay that! For these crap Converse sneakers that are made in China. The converse tennies have no support whatsoever. The soles are crap. They are terrible for your feet. They look cute, but they are crap quality, and I am not going to buy another pair.

14-04-2006
front row

I'm agreeing with the general consensus of Converses. I agree that New Balance sneakers are good for tennis, I love my 576s. I also have a pair of Puma H-street sneakers that are pretty good for walking and they're very, very comfortable.

14-04-2006
Soviet Camaro

Style-wise, lately I prefer Chuck Hi-tops, Purcell low, and Vans Sk8-His. None of these have very good support IMO, but I walk a lot and am having no major problems.

Speed Cats look nice but have zero support and I can't walk comfortably for very long in them. They really are a driving shoe.

I have a few pairs of Adidas in different styles, but my most comfortable sneaker for walking a lot is the Puma Anjan.

scenester

can anybody recommend an alternative to black chucks as I wearing sneakers with dresses and while converse look good, they are giving me such problems with my feet; blisters and cramps. I swore i wouldn't buy em again after my last pair but I got sucked in by the price, the fact that they go with everything and basically look stylish! I've only had these 4 months and the insides are already torn and wearing out! they're terribly made. Any suggestions would be great.

Oh yeh, and good for walking! As I like to walk-this is where the cons are giving me such problems!

15-04-2006
fashion insider

I love Jordans, Vans are my new obsession, and i love Air Max 95. Im a teen in the urban boros of NY, so my style is very urban mixed with the Haute couture. But i dont really wear Haute couture sneakers. The only ones that catch my eyes are the Marc Jacobs, which are somewhat like Chucks

22-04-2006
trendsetter

The Chuck Taylors are terribly made. Converse makes the cutest shoes but they wear down very fast because the quality is horrible, so you just have to be careful about the price. In my last post, I expressed a very harsh opinion and made rash statements. For the most part, I stand by what I said about Converse. But I will concede that as long as you don't pay too much, it's ok, I guess. Some department stores will overprice them. Don't fall for it. Buy them at the cheapest price you can. They are not worth a high price.

23-04-2006
windowshopping

Nike Air Force 1

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favorite, sneakers