How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-08-2010
chaos reigns

On the same note, Ive loved DIESEL's campaigns most of the time but this "Be stupid" one ... I dunno. I find no rhyme nor reason on it ... there isnt a thing I personally like from it.

Is it possible that you have to be so far disconnected from "reality" and the fact that its not another ad selling jeans but something else completely which makes it work?

Most of the people who really like it are the GOAL audience for the brand, but they're not people who are the shiniest pennies on the bag, if you know what I am saying ..

12-11-2012
rising star

Its an old thread but i just wanted to post this lovely video for Eckhaus Latta. How great do the clothes look on these old ladies! And it doesnt have the in your face we used unusual models, were cool vibe. I love the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndiCFa18-HE

13-11-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine View Post
On the same note, Ive loved DIESEL's campaigns most of the time but this "Be stupid" one ... I dunno. I find no rhyme nor reason on it ... there isnt a thing I personally like from it.

Is it possible that you have to be so far disconnected from "reality" and the fact that its not another ad selling jeans but something else completely which makes it work?

Most of the people who really like it are the GOAL audience for the brand, but they're not people who are the shiniest pennies on the bag, if you know what I am saying ..
I remember well how offended I was by that "Be stupid" campaign ... I guess they'd done their market research well?

No one's mentioned Kenneth Cole ... his ads are the best contemporary example of Benetton-like advertising in my mind.

13-11-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
No one's mentioned Kenneth Cole ... his ads are the best contemporary example of Benetton-like advertising in my mind.
Not feeling his ads, some of them just feel like sticking a provocative quote to some very average looking clothes and nothing else behind it (even though hes got the foundation and everything, its still very bluntly there just for the sake of selling the clothes). Like this one for example http://hschoegler.files.wordpress.co...g?w=1024&h=662 , or maybe its just that they dont look as nice as the benetton ones so they feel a bit lazy

14-11-2012
Stitch:the Hand

one name....helmut lang. 90's-early 00's to me was the master of unconventional campaigns.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campaigns, fashion, stereotypical