How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2012
Power to the 99%

^ I have to say, I am so over Adam and his opinions. I do not care what he thinks, and if my best friend won't tell me, maybe I don't need to know.

One of the more fashiony things they have done lately was the black models feature. I learned things I didn't know about the 70s heyday of black models and it was nice to see some of them again. Wouldn't it be great for Vogue to get all the living models from that show together for a fold-out cover ...

24-05-2012
front row

Our copy editors read every article in the magazine...

rising star

Sometimes I do, but mostly I buy the mags for the editorials (also the horoscope in Vogue Paris is freakishly accurate ). I don't look for intellectual stimulation in magazines.

25-05-2012
rising star

The last magazine i bought was the british Vogue (may 2012) and i read just one article which was about Karlie Kloss and i regreted reading it, it felt like reading, well, nothing really. I do enjoy alot of the images and editorials though.
Now, encouraged by this thread i went to see what other articles it has inside and there is for example an article in which Charlize Theron talks about moderhood and i must say i am not interested in what she has to say about the topic. If the articles were more interesting and substantial, concrete, fashion-related (and by that i mean actual clothes/designers, not the excitement of Karlie Kloss about silk layers) i would probbably read more of them.

26-05-2012
trendsetter

I think the layout of the font and text contributes to readability. I generally like the articles in the US HB, but the new redesign bugs me. I loathe how they "swirl" the text in certain articles. I'd rather they devote the artsiness to the editorials than rather than to how the font is laid out on the page.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
articles, fashion, magazines, read