How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-07-2010
V.I.P.

^^he will probably choose the worst question and turn them in derision ...

just a thought, after seeing this video !
that's a good way of killing one's blogger dream ... and blogger power ! like is that all they have to say and really think ?

Ahah ...

18-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williscrazy View Post
Now, its seems to all changed, it's not really about the stylists work anymore, it's about how famous you are, which role you sit in a fashion show; and if you are famous enough, then mostly everyone will buy your work, and if they don't like the ed, they won't really blame it on the stylist, people'll blame it on the photographer, model etc...
This is so true. I think its more about putting up a show rather than actually just being great at styling your own wardrobe.

Quote:
Focusing on personal style is somehow a bigger approach for some stylists, since it somehow brings them fame (which I believe, majority of people loves), and light up their name to an extend, and in a period of time, she/he will or might somehow have a "super great dressed icon" etc etc title, then again, people will worship her editorials because she/he has a better personal style, then she/he will definitely be good at styling for a shoot, it's like blurring the lens. Well, for me, the stylist's personal style still differs from than editorial work; personal style is what one likes to wear at anytime anywhere, what they feel like; but styling for editorial is work, it's not about you, it's about how the stylist accomplish the task that is set for the work, and it's like a team thing rather than your personal style.
^ very very very true.

fashion elite

Do you guys think male editors like Karl Templer, Alastair McKimm, and Panos Yiapanis may not be as recognizable as female editors (ex. Dello Russo, Lanphear) because they're men, and thus there isn't as much interest in their street style?

19-07-2010
fashion elite

Also what do you guys think of Kate Lanphear appearing in the new Eddie Borgo campaign?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

from the cut blog

19-07-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
Do you guys think male editors like Karl Templer, Alastair McKimm, and Panos Yiapanis may not be as recognizable as female editors (ex. Dello Russo, Lanphear) because they're men, and thus there isn't as much interest in their street style?
Ya, they are not as recognizable compare to the female stylists, I think to an certain extend that's true; but if some male editors starts to dress like lady gaga they will definitely be crazily recognizable. The reason I guess female stylist are more popular is because majority of people who look at streetstyle are female, and I don't think they will focus on a male stylist for inspiration of what they are going to wear tmr or daily

Sometimes, I also think that fame that a stylist can get is pretty ridiculous; it starts with 1 person, then to a dozen, then it just keeps spreading until when some other people haven't even seen the stylist street style, they will just agree that this stylist has "style", it's like they are just blind following, which is kind of a shame

fashion elite

Quote:
Anna Dello Russo to Release a Fragrance Japanese Vogue's fashion director Anna Dello Russo, who seems to get more famous by the day, is launching a fragrance! Finally a celebrity scent that's actually exciting! Because she's an industry celebrity! Russo said the idea came from art director Ronnie Cooke Newhouse, who suggested she do one. "Ronnie defined me as an insider reality fashion star and so I thought, now is the time to do a fragrance," she said. Which fashion editors will follow?
from the cut blog

22-07-2010
rising star

Oh no.... Now I think Anna will quit her role as a fashion director and soon become a celebrity in some sort of form.

Can't judge her perfume yet, since it's not even out, but the fact that she is even going to make one just confuse me. This once again proves that it's not even about how they style the editorial or whoever they work for anymore, if the spot light hits them, they become the queen and doesn't have to care about the quality of their work anymore, what a pity. And yes, Anna is definitely a industry reality fashion show star, we see her and her direct runway look everywhere, and that barely proves that she has a good style or good work; but her accessories are actually nice

Thanks nyc art style for the news.

flaunt the imperfection

looking at what is going on lately...
it would seem that the fashion world has turned away from bloggers and back to fashion editors...
but in a new way...
definitely the fashion editor as a celeb or personality...
which i think is way better, frankly...
and makes a lot more sense...
*at least in the luxury market...
and the luxury market seems to be the only one that is still really viable at the moment anyway...
:p...

i think some of the editors got sick of seeing all those kids get all the attention and just decided to push back and get in on the act...
*to show the kids how it's done, so to speak...
and i bet they are getting paid better too!

but this will probably change soon enough somehow...
fashion is fickle...
always looking for some new way to grab your attention...
and your $$$

Last edited by softgrey; 18-08-2011 at 03:28 PM.
23-08-2011
flaunt the imperfection

fashion stylists come out from behind the camera for H&M's fall menswear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j--Di4DSqw

23-08-2011
tailored

i'm not sure if they have moved away from bloggers, but i am noticing the same bloggers again and again...
a certain few have risen to the top (cover girl even featured bloggers in an ad in september vogue)...
and with vogue, lucky, glamour, etc forming their own "blogger collectives," i don't think the realm of the blogger will go away anytime soon...

honestly i would rather buy something that has a fashion editor attached than a blogger, like anna dello russo's collaboration with macy's INC or taylor tomasi hill working with sigerson morrison...
i don't know, i think i trust their "filter" more...

tfs star

i thought it's time to bring this thread back to life
while both editors do these collaborations i do think grace did something more on her design than ADR. i have nothing against ADR's works but i found her work is more what inspired her while grace is giving something more of her in the line

anna dello russo collaboration with H&M

Quote:
Anna Dello Russo for H&M - in pictures
It's here! Anna Dello Russo's over-the-top, fabulously excessive accessories collection for H&M is finally available to swoon over. With a mission statement to 'turn every day into a fashion week day', ADR (as she's known in the business) unleashes her signature opulent glamour on the high street. Here's our round-up of the best buys
http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/ga...-russo-for-h-m

grace coddington for balenciaga

Quote:
GRACE CODDINGTON has designed a limited edition accessories line for Balenciaga. The US Vogue creative director has created a mini collection of bags and scarfs, inspired by her pet cat Pumpkin.

The pieces feature fashion illustrations hand-drawn by Coddington, which depict her cat modelling iconic Nicholas Ghesquière for Balenciaga looks from the past decade. The Papier tote bag, $1,000 (£633), is the collection's hero piece and comes in either ecru or bright pumpkin orange, with a black calfskin trim.
The Pumpkin collection will launch on September 6 to coincide with Vogue's Fashion's Night Out celebrations, and a very limited number will be available to buy in the Balenciaga New York and LA boutiques. 20 per cent of all proceeds will go towards The Animal Rescue Fund of The Hamptons.
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/08/...ions-night-out

Last edited by seahorseinstripe; 18-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
celebsthe, editors or stylists, fashion, focus, personal, style, work