How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
that's the problem...
if women dress so that men ONLY want to 'f*ck them'...then they will never get anywhere in life...they will never gain any respect or power...

unless of course they are hookers or strippers...

i think there are too many people in this thread speaking theoretically...people who arent' women...and have very little concept of what it's like...it's not all high heels and make up, you know...

and the idea that men are running after women because of this pre-historic urge to reproduce is just nonsense...men don't want to have sex with women in order to reproduce...
look how fast they run if a woman becomes pregnant..it's not about reproducing..it's about 'getting your rocks off'...(sorry for my french)...but let's be real about this...people have sex because it 'feels good'...80 year olds have sex and little kids have sexual urges...and none of them is thinking ...'hey, i want to re-populate the planet'...your 'uterus' is a 'reproductive organ'..your vagina is not!!..and you don't need a uterus to have sex...all you need is a vagina...plenty of men who can't produce sperm can still get an erection...

sex and reproduction are obviously linked...but they are definitely not the same thing...

**and what about ALL GAY PEOPLE!!!...they are obviously not trying to reproduce...so what's the explanation for that??...
other than the fact that sex is just fun!!!...

that's why i think the argument is false...
Oh my, they'd hang you in Texas

02-05-2005
rising star

Now, I haven't read the entire thread, but I was certainly appaled at the comment Galliano made. Not only is that unneccessarily vulgar, it also gives a completely false view of modern fashion. To most designers these days fashion is beautiful and something that can be taken to a very intellectual level! If John Galliano thinks he is being refreshingly upbeat by saying things like that, he is wrong. Because today, nothing is as fresh as modest white shirt.

03-05-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Oh my, they'd hang you in Texas
...never been to texas...

03-05-2005
Unveil Yourself....

True, men don't run around women to reproduce, but to have sex. But sex is in the core all about reproduction. When a lion does a lioness he doesn't think "I want to reproduce." he just thinks "I have these urges I just need to get rid of" It sounds extremely stupid, but trust me, it's true. It's these urges that make us reproduce and the same urges that make us wanna have sex. The only difference is that humans have evolved their brain in that matter that they can choose to use sex to reproduce or not. But no matter what, sex and reproduction are still the same urge.

twitter.com/ErikP87
03-05-2005

i have no urge to reproduce my dear...frankly..the idea horrifies me...
but i like sex very much......

and again...what about all the GAY PEOPLE???>>>!!!>>>hmmmm???...

the argument just doesn't hold up unless you ignore 1/2 the argument...
we are not like lions... lions cannot go to work and sit at a desk and answer a phone (but if they did...i wonder what they would wear??... )...we do not rip apart other creatures with our teeth, eating them bit by bit...and humans never did...

if anything ...we are more like monkeys...
who chase each other around having sex several times a day and who masturbate all the time...

oh ...hello?...what about masturbation?...is that driven by a reproductive urge as well?..i don't think so...hard to reproduce when you're all alone.....i repeat..sex and reproduction are not the same thing...no matter what you read or heard somewhere...

***although it is ironic that galliano just sent a bunch of pregnant ladies down the runway...i guess it was all that f*cking that happened while wearing his other clothes that did it...

Last edited by softgrey; 03-05-2005 at 01:33 PM.
03-05-2005
Unveil Yourself....

I'm sorry softgrey, but did you even read what I said? Sex and reproduction come from the same urge. It's scientific. It doesn't mean that you want to reproduce, it means that you are human and that you still have these ancient feelings and habits that come from the ancient purpose of every animal: reproduction. And what about all the GAY PEOPLE? They too are human and thus they too still bare evolutionary traces of everythings original purpose. Sex in the human mind has just evolved from something only for reproduction to something mostly for fun and pleasure. The second most intelligent creature on this earth has evolved the same. The bonobo are aside from humans the only other animal species that 'have sex' for fun. It's just nature.

twitter.com/ErikP87
03-05-2005

of course i read it mr-dale!!..i responded to it...what are you trying to say...?...i get what you are saying...and i disagree...for all the reasons stated above...

it's a scientific 'theory'...it's not a 'fact'...that is my point...
and i don't think that bonobo thing is true either...they keep discovering new things and revising their theories...i've heard of other animals haing sex for pleasure and even being homosexual...
they used to say that it wasn't natural to mate for life and that humans were the only creatures on the planet that did this....this was only about 20 yrs ago...
but then they discover species after species who do ...and so that whole theory had to be revised...
the more i learned, the more i realized how little we really know...

at this point i have developed my own theories......based on life experiences and personal observations ........and i don't just believe everything i read anymore...

04-05-2005
windowshopping

Good day Mr. Dale...Interesting point you have there...Our urge to have sex is a core, ancient feeling bound by the need reproduce...But the difference is that we are way much more civilized now...OKie softgrey let me pose a question...Just because a lion is bred in captivity doesn't mean it is tame right...Just because we humans have become civilized doesn't mean that we are totally different than what human beings used to be in prehistoric eras...(i know lions may not be the best of examples but just try to understand what i am trying to put forth...we can't run away from who we were, who we are, and who we are going to be). What Mr.Dale is trying to imply is that...eventhough not everyone nowadays have sex to reproduce, the urge of sex comes from the very core reason that we were once a species that was struggling to multiply, to keep on surviving...Even if you were to look at it in scientific way, the subconcious reason a human is attracted to a potential spouse is because we want their genes in our future offsprings...The way we choose our spouse depends on how powerful they are and how their reputation upholds...And this is ultimately because we want their traits, coupled with ours, to be passed on...YES and in the case of homosexual people this is absolutely irrelevant but that is the ultimate truth!!! We have sex for the core urge to reproduce but because of that adrenal rush through our bodies when we are entangled in romantic passion reproduction hardly becomes an issue!!!

Unveil Yourself....

Thank you harivain...and I understand that we have become more civilized, our brains evolved, just as I said a few posts back. But still, softgrey, I still kind of don't get why you don't agree with me. I gave you all the hard facts and yet you still don't agree on something scientific about our past. I guess it's your stubernty :p

twitter.com/ErikP87

Last edited by Mr-Dale; 04-05-2005 at 01:47 PM.
04-05-2005
rising star

Sex is mathematics.

You just want to optimize pleasure (in various levels: beautiful partner, lust, Love etc).
That's (sadly maybe) all there is to it.

04-05-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

The world is mathematics - what's your point?

rising star

No point.
Just wanted to state my personal opinion.

04-05-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale
Thank you harivain...and I understand that we have become more civilized, our brains evolved, just as I said a few posts back. But still, softgrey, I still kind of don't get why you don't agree with me. I gave you all the hard facts and yet you still don't agree on something scientific about our past. I guess it's your stubernty :p
mr dale...please re-read my reasons for why i don't agree with your 'theory'...
you did not state 'facts'..only a scientific 'theory'...science is mostly theories and speculation with the occassional fact...
that is the point i think you missed...

so, i've already made my point...there isn't anything else to say...and now it's just going around in circles...

i guess we will have to agree to disagree...

04-05-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeth314
No point.
Just wanted to state my personal opinion.
Cool.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
Cool.
Sorry if it sounded a bit offensive
And yeah you're right, we're just math.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion or sex or politics