How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Hey no I just meant 'That's cool'. I just thought my last post sounded a bit interogative. Sorry

04-05-2005
windowshopping

[QUOTE=Mr-Dale]Thank you harivain...and I understand that we have become more civilized, our brains evolved, just as I said a few posts back.

Sorry, i did not read your few posts back properly i guess...

Last edited by harivain; 04-05-2005 at 09:03 PM.
04-05-2005
etre soi-meme

apart from the fact that sex is officially 'out' as far as fashion trends go...
imo overexposure kills desire

sex is fun and more but who can feel desire with all those sami naked boys and girls around? (including posters, movies & media)
half the fun is in 'discovering' the 'other' in my book that is..

Last edited by Lena; 04-05-2005 at 11:56 PM.
05-05-2005
Unveil Yourself....

Yep softgrey, I guess that's our only option in this discussion :p

And Lena ^^: Yes yes yes, I couldn't agree more. Sex has lost big parts of its mystery and playfulness, because 50 Cent & Co keep on showing us lesbian activity and breasts on a daily basis in their videos. With stuff like that and also the outrageous presence of nudity and sex in other tv occasions, sex has become less special so it seems. And this ultimately leads to kids having sex earlier, or at least thinking about it and acting about it earlier. Just like you said Lena, that specific fun you mentioned, has gone.

twitter.com/ErikP87
07-06-2006
front row

bumping oldie but goodie thread

07-06-2006
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
sex is fun
...QFT.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
overexposure kills desire
cool。。。
that is an awesome statement!

Last edited by Baizilla; 07-06-2006 at 10:49 PM.
08-06-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale
I'm sorry softgrey, but did you even read what I said? Sex and reproduction come from the same urge. It's scientific. It doesn't mean that you want to reproduce, it means that you are human and that you still have these ancient feelings and habits that come from the ancient purpose of every animal: reproduction. And what about all the GAY PEOPLE? They too are human and thus they too still bare evolutionary traces of everythings original purpose. Sex in the human mind has just evolved from something only for reproduction to something mostly for fun and pleasure. The second most intelligent creature on this earth has evolved the same. The bonobo are aside from humans the only other animal species that 'have sex' for fun. It's just nature.

Just wanted to add that dolphins have sex for pleasure as well. bonobo's however are the only other animals besides humans that participate in oral sex, sodomy, homosexuality, and french kissing. The only member that is out of bounds for a bonobo is a mother and son, everyone else is fair game. they're fascinating. Anyone who's interested should check their wikipedia article.

Sorry for the off topic!

08-06-2006
windowshopping

Fashion Design
My reply is that clothing should be viewed as a way to express yourself, show whats naturally you.......If you wear clothes that ares sexy and you have the body to show sexy clothes it just means you have a beautiful body which is a beautiful form of art.......I myself as a creative freelance designer i always look to create something new and different and try not to just rely on past designs /past clothing era,s I create designs that somehow reflect beautiful things of this world be it nature or whatever just make clothing creative and not by a certain clothing period/ As for men always wanting sex well its not just that its more that men are men being more physical/ where as women are more mental and they look for someone who knows how to love them and care for them and appreciate them........thats what makes women women /and the other is what makes men men.....Robert

Last edited by icre8it; 08-06-2006 at 07:59 AM.
09-06-2006
PopWillEatItself

I've just discovered and read this thread... very interesting indeed...

My view is that sexiness is an innate quality, transmitted to those receivers who are attuned to it...

People get dressed to express themselves. Some do it well and some poorly. Both groups though, will attract those people who like what they project and want to get near it...

Last edited by melt977; 09-06-2006 at 04:09 PM.
09-06-2006
PopWillEatItself

And I have to add, it's not only he clothes that make a woman look what is commonly perceived as "slutty" or not... it's mostly the way she carries herself around and her behaviour... Helena, judging by your posts in many threads, you wouldn't be perceived as "sexy" (in a John Galliano way), even if you WERE actually wearing John Galliano.

Even if someone had you and Paris Hlton wearing exactly the same outfit, she would still look cheap but you (or anyone like you) wouldn't.. because your personality would never allow you to carry yourself, nor behave, in the way Miss Hilton does...

Last edited by melt977; 09-06-2006 at 04:27 PM.
09-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oversharer
Just wanted to add that dolphins have sex for pleasure as well. bonobo's however are the only other animals besides humans that participate in oral sex, sodomy, homosexuality, and french kissing. The only member that is out of bounds for a bonobo is a mother and son, everyone else is fair game. they're fascinating. Anyone who's interested should check their wikipedia article.

Sorry for the off topic!
Also off topic...
i saw a documentary on with bonobos called "why sex"...
bonobos are indeed quite fascinating...

09-06-2006
tfs star

interesting topic.. i always thought that guys want to see women who do not show everything at once, so that some things are left on guessing... thats what makes the woman interesting and mysterious, and sexy. but maybe im wrong..maybe guys just want tits and ***. then whats the point of having clothes at all??

personally i think that someone can be even more sexy when they are covered up, let the figure and siloutte show the sexyness..makes the person more interesting too.

when im dressing im not thinking will this make guys wanna **** me, after all im not a prostitute. haha. i think sexyness comes from persona, and clothes are big part of that..defining who we are.. and i for sure as hell, dont wanna come across as an easy woman.....

09-06-2006
front row

1.i think women want to look attractive to men, but also wear what they wear to look good for themselves.. and also maybe to impress other women.

2.No, i dont thinnk its good

3.i see sexy as someone who is confident in what they are wearing.. Whether they are wearing next to nothing.. or a random selection of crazy clothes.. if they can be confident in that they look good and that they like what they are wearing then they are sexy.

i personally wear what i wear because its comfortable and looks good.

PopWillEatItself

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss6o
interesting topic.. i always thought that guys want to see women who do not show everything at once, so that some things are left on guessing... thats what makes the woman interesting and mysterious, and sexy. but maybe im wrong..maybe guys just want tits and ***. then whats the point of having clothes at all??

personally i think that someone can be even more sexy when they are covered up, let the figure and siloutte show the sexyness..makes the person more interesting too.

when im dressing im not thinking will this make guys wanna **** me, after all im not a prostitute. haha. i think sexyness comes from persona, and clothes are big part of that..defining who we are.. and i for sure as hell, dont wanna come across as an easy woman.....
Then the guys you attract are looking for women like you... Some look for demure sexy, others for sophisticated sexy and others for blunt sexiness... it depends on the guy and his personality...

It might be that a beautiful body dressed scantily is admired by all... however, admiration is not necessarily attraction... and guys - as softgrey said - should be given some credit.... they too have personalities and are attracted by women who match their needs... these needs can sometimes be sex and others intellectual stimulous... a combination of the two is usually what turns lust into something more...

but depending on the guy - receiver, a demurely dressed woman can provoke lust as much as a scantily dressed one... it's all a matter of chemistry and personal needs and wants at the time...

Now, when it comes to men wolf-wistling in the street, my opinion is that they would wistle no matter how you are dressed... most of the men who do that is just what they do when they see women... so unless you are a nun, if a guy is in the mood to wolf-whistle then he will, be it you are dressed in Ann D or Gucci, or even in your jogging pants...

imo, the same goes for rape... stats show that street rapes don't have a lot to do with appearances and what women wear... rapists check other things first... if you are alone, if they can grab your hair, if you seem stronger than them... as far as date-rape is concerned, it can happen to anyone dressed in anything... if a rapist is out to rape, he will attempt to,no matter what... Like in all other forms of crime...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion or sex or politics