How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2005
windowshopping

How did this serious matter turn hillarious...forgive me but i have to.....hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah......

28-04-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

^^because it's fashion..and it's fun harivain...!!...
it's really not so serious...even when some people try to make it so deep and intellectual...in the end it's really just playing dress up......
if it's not fun..you're doing something wrong...!!...

>>>>...!!!

28-04-2005
crossed wires.

Oh my faust, shiny suit to the power 10

28-04-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Getting back to the original galliano quote... I wouldn't want to f*ck this:
It's the original New Look put through the Galliano shine-u-like 2000. Obviously Galliano does 1940s references as well as sex then...

Last edited by softgrey; 28-04-2005 at 11:56 PM.
28-04-2005
tfs star

Why do I wear the clothes I wear? I want to look hot everywhere I go. I want to look hot at work so I dress in clothes that make me look sexy, stylish, professional and that is because I want to feel all those things. I think for work you have to dress to kill because people can only judge you on how you appear to be. And that is from Machiavelli btw. For my boyfriend I always want to dress like I want to be f**d because you as Gwen Stefani said in a recent Bazaar, "You want to look good to the person you are hot for." Agree or disagree, this is how I dress myself

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
For my boyfriend I always want to dress like I want to be f**d because you as Gwen Stefani said in a recent Bazaar, "You want to look good to the person you are hot for."
Yes, why not if you feel like doing so. I think the problem comes when everyone is expecting every women to look sexy everytime for everyone... And if this sexyness is defined by a certain narrow image of what is considered sexy and what not.

28-04-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Getting back to the original galliano quote... I wouldn't want to f*ck this:
oh god. that outfit is horrid. ugh. i wouldn't want to either.

I'm game to play along.

Last edited by softgrey; 28-04-2005 at 11:55 PM.
29-04-2005
windowshopping

Yes softgrey...I ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!
Well maybe it might help you understand if i were to say that i am an ASPIRING fasion designer...And yes fashion to me is FUN!!!!!!!!! But then again there are a lot of intellectual aspects to it as well...Don't tell me you are going to dress up with FUN in your mind when you go to the office...????

Last edited by harivain; 29-04-2005 at 02:52 AM.
29-04-2005
Swim Upstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoexgal
Why do I wear the clothes I wear? I want to look hot everywhere I go. I want to look hot at work so I dress in clothes that make me look sexy, stylish, professional and that is because I want to feel all those things. I think for work you have to dress to kill because people can only judge you on how you appear to be. And that is from Machiavelli btw. For my boyfriend I always want to dress like I want to be f**d because you as Gwen Stefani said in a recent Bazaar, "You want to look good to the person you are hot for." Agree or disagree, this is how I dress myself

.....ok. why do you want to look sexy for the office - surely you are there to work, not to be sexy.

29-04-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harivain
Yes softgrey...I ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!
Well maybe it might help you understand if i were to say that i am an ASPIRING fasion designer...And yes fashion to me is FUN!!!!!!!!! But then again there are a lot of intellectual aspects to it as well...Don't tell me you are going to dress up with FUN in your mind when you go to the office...????
What's with the shouting Hari? We all do out fair share of intellectuallising fashion here (inc Softie), but she is right. I don't think we should take it too seriously. Incidentally I don't think you were taking things too seriously nor do I think Softie was indicating that you were. Let's all get along. It's Friday!

29-04-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

yes..it's friday...
and i don't have to 'go to the office'...

yay for being a freelance stylist !!...
hmmm...what do i want to wear today??...

actually...i think my biggest motivation in deciding what i want to wear is comfort and practicality...if i'm doing a lot of walking...i will decide on the footwear first and then the outfit will develop from there..similarly..if it is snowing or raining...

i really don't believe in suffering for fashion...there's already too much suffering in the world......
lord knows i suffer every time paris hilton's fake tan and fake hair cross my line of vision...

Last edited by softgrey; 29-04-2005 at 03:49 AM.
29-04-2005
trendsetter

^ That's what I forgot to mention, I dress for practicality as well. That's really the most important thing when it's -10C (that's like 15 F) and snowing outside.

29-04-2005
windowshopping

GOD Johnny don't you know what enthusiasm is???...I wasn't shouting!!! It was my way of expressing flamboyance and enthusiasm...And how did you just asume that it was shouting that i was doing!!! I don't even have a webcam...!!! (no offence to what i just wrote...i typed this full of laughs)

I agree with you...But what i meant in my previous message was suitability and being practical in fashion...Fashion is not ALWIZ fun...

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harivain
GOD Johnny don't you know what enthusiasm is???...I wasn't shouting!!! It was my way of expressing flamboyance and enthusiasm...And how did you just asume that it was shouting that i was doing!!! I don't even have a webcam...!!! (no offence to what i just wrote...i typed this full of laughs)

I agree with you...But what i meant in my previous message was suitability and being practical in fashion...Fashion is not ALWIZ fun...
GOD Hari. I KNOW WHAT ENTHUSIASM IS!!! See how enthusiastically I wrote that, with my caps and mulitple superfluous punctuation.

Reading posts with caps (and indeed mulitple superfluous punctuation) is a pain - it just looks like you're being aggressive and shouting. It's generally accepted that that's what that means. And please don't take offence at what I've just written. If not exactly laughing when I typed it I was at least smiling.

29-04-2005
windowshopping

Wow. U called me Hari. Great! Only my friends call me so. OK better now? Its my message minus all the exaggeration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny
GOD Hari. I KNOW WHAT ENTHUSIASM IS!!! See how enthusiastically I wrote that, with my caps and mulitple superfluous punctuation.

Reading posts with caps (and indeed mulitple superfluous punctuation) is a pain - it just looks like you're being aggressive and shouting. It's generally accepted that that's what that means. And please don't take offence at what I've just written. If not exactly laughing when I typed it I was at least smiling.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion or sex or politics