How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2014
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt1970 View Post
With that said, I have to admit that I am a hopeless, tactile romantic. There's something about my fingers touching actual pages that sparks excitement in me. Reading about designers, new lines, etc on paper signals "gravitas" to me for some strange reason. Not that I don't have respect for the web: I love it. It's just that there's an indescribable pleasure that comes from sitting down with an actual Financial Times paper during brunch on Sundays and reading what Vanessa Friedman has to say.:-)

But again, I'm over 40!
Nothing to do with over 40 :-) Feel the same about the tactile experience and internet. IMO the future is merging of the two specifically more so with mobile devices and wearables.

04-05-2014
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataliaShopSnap View Post
Nothing to do with over 40 :-) Feel the same about the tactile experience and internet. IMO the future is merging of the two specifically more so with mobile devices and wearables.
True. But I think the mobile device / wearable movement needs to break away from the sports base. For example, I read an article on WWD about wearable tech in which most of the examples tracked movement. There was a mention of something called "Intimacy 2.0," in which the fabric becomes more translucent depending on the wearers - uh - mood. Should be interesting!

07-05-2014
trendsetter

Dior Cruise 2015 Rule...I think it's quite on the topic

instagram/rihplays

08-05-2014
windowshopping

[QUOTE=LRlovesDaria;12481863] Dior Cruise 2015 Rule...I think it's quite on the topic

Oh that's classic!

Last edited by BetteT; 13-05-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
affecting, fashion, industry, internet