Are models useless? - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2016
#Resist

^ Are they buying, though, or just liking? I'm sure these things are being studied ... would love to be a fly on the wall seeing the results. I suspect the average Kendall Jenner fan buys nothing Karl's half-gloved fingers have touched.

19-01-2016
chat~

This is the first year I found myself really enjoying the cast of a show

20-01-2016
fashion elite

Hey, remember when Gaultier tried a runway show w/ mannequins and not models? He later went on to say that even though the collection was good, the retailers at the runway show couldn't SEE how the clothes work on actual bodies, and it showed in that season's orders. So you tell me: are models useless?

20-01-2016
#Resist

^ Interesting point. You would think that that would be an argument for using models with more diverse body types as well ...

20-01-2016
V.I.P.

^Thats what I thought as well! Although I doubt every size and shape needs to represented. You'd need like 1500 models per show.

Edit: and when every shape and size is allowed to be a model, the face of the model becomes even more important, which would just create another kind of crazy standard.

Last edited by eizhowa; 20-01-2016 at 01:30 PM.

20-01-2016
#Resist

Designer clothes are typically only available through about size 46 or 48 at most--plus sizing buying is a whole other thing--but there's still a lot of diversity among women in a normal size run. There's so little diversity with most models that yes, you can see the clothes moving on a human body, but only a tall, thin body with (generally--there are a couple exceptions) few if any curves. Not sure whether this is something buyers think about or no ... I imagine some must.

04-12-2016
windowshopping

I think the lack of sales is more so a casualty of the current state of the world. It is a struggle in a ton of industries right now.

In my opinion models are important. Not only do they show how the clothing falls on actual human beings but they also help catch the eye of the average consumer.

***Edited*** Please do not post links or videos from your own sites.

Last edited by BetteT; 05-12-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, useless