How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-08-2011
fashion elite

Out of Chanel, Fendi and Karl Lagerfeld the last one was my favourite one and of course the one on that isn't done anymore. I also miss Olivier Theyskens at Nina Ricci.

People that I'd support by buying pieces if I had the funds would be Ann D, Dries van noten, Gareth P, Haider A.

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

To be honnest i struggle to afford topshop but anyone who knows me knows when i like something i dont shut up bout it i hope i spread the word abit also if i am ibspired by designer or something when someone compliments me i always tell them my inspiration (partly because i dont take complimenrs well & i need to say something to stop it being arquid haha) to be honnest though this thread has made me feel bad i dont do more

16-09-2011
flaunt the imperfection

well...
you could put them on your blog!!!...
that doesn't cost anything...

16-09-2011
Geometric Discharge

Well my favourite designer, Bruno Pieters, is no longer designing under his own name (though if speculation is true, he shall be again very soon).
I am also a university student and I cannot afford to buy anything from my designers. It seems ridiculous, but I do support them by such small acts as creating a fan group for them and their work on Facebook if they do not already have one - I am the founder of the Giambattista Valli, Francesco Scognamiglio, Bruno Pieters and Krystof Strozyna pages whose new collections I update every season.
I find that this will draw further attention to their work (Valli page currently having 12,000+ followers).

I even believe that posting here, on this forum, whether it be "What Would You Wear Today?" or whatever, with an image from their collection may draw another potential customer to check out their designs. This is quite a refined source of global fashionistas.

21-09-2011
Power to the 99%

I usually tell people who ask who I'm wearing However, if the person asks where I got something, and I think never in a million years would they spend that much, I give the name of the mall or the store (if it wasn't the designer's own boutique).

I took some (Bottega) shoes to be repaired, and when the girl asked their price (I guess tracking value for insurance purposes??), she actually gasped I guess that officially makes this the fashion desert ...

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 21-09-2011 at 09:57 PM.
04-01-2014
flaunt the imperfection

i am boycotting china...

04-01-2014
earthbound

i mainly buy accessories that i can use/wear often to get my money's worth... mostly small leather goods and shoes, because they usually last longer than clothes.

i'm not very good with drycleaners, i'm too lazy to handwash (bad habit), and i don't like to accumulate clothes. i work at a 9 to 5 type of office where i can't dress too excentric, so i try to look out for classic and well-made pieces, even though clothes that require instructions to figure out how to wear are always really fun.

like softgrey, i avoid anything made from china and i'm also very happy when it's made in japan.

i was really excited about the idea of theyskens theory, but i can't bring myself to purchase a 500$ dress made in china.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
designers, favourite, money, mouth, putting, support