How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-05-2010
tfs star

though Chanel Cruise didn't feature any racial diversity, Dior was full of it!!!

Rose Cordero
Lais Ribeiro
Joan Smalls
Ming Xi
Emma Pei
Shu Pei
Du Juan
Liu Wen
Sun Fei Fei

Last edited by Riseup; 15-05-2010 at 07:22 PM.

16-05-2010
front row

was the show in shanghai??

16-05-2010
fashion elite

Yes it was

16-05-2010
fashion elite

PS: another Chinese model named Xie Feiyuan was in the Dior Cruise show

16-05-2010
fashion elite

Add Jiang Xiao Yi to the list at Dior Cruise, that makes 8 chinese models and 3 dark models

08-06-2010
User Friendly

VERY interesting piece from the nytimes regarding Brazil and the current european ideal of beauty in model scouting in the country, includes video and interview with Alessandra..

"Off Runway, Brazilian Beauty Goes Beyond Blond"

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/wo...ef=global-home

09-06-2010
V.I.P.

Very interesting article considering that half of the population in Brazil is nonwhite like it says.

10-06-2010
front row

Wow very interesting article

19-06-2010
front row

No Black Models No Black Money Campaign
I've been a lover of fashion for as long as I can remember, but there comes a time when you begin to see things for that they really are.
As I checked for the new Milan collections I saw some amazing pieces in the Jil sander collection then something hit me. I don't see One black face... I paused and checked all the collections, from Missoni to Versace, Dolce, Burberry, all of which i have pieces from, to find Black Models in only one show Calvin Klein. I know many TFSers are Caucasian and may be tired of this discussion but imagine just for a moment what it's like to watch a show like Dolce and Gabanna with over 100 looks and to see one face that looks like yours? This is A brand for which you've spent tens thousands of dollars with. The issue is compounded for me by the fact that I work in the music industry and Iíve written songs that promote these same brands who don't use black models.
So Iíve decided that it will start with me and my twitter. No Black Models No Black Money. If you can't put one black face on the runway you wonít get one penny from me or my friends.

19-06-2010
front row

In theory, this is an idea that could have great impact. But I really wonder how practical it is. However, I wish you good luck in your campaign.

19-06-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLovesIt View Post
In theory, this is an idea that could have great impact. But I really wonder how practical it is. However, I wish you good luck in your campaign.
Thanks! i have some very Special friends.

19-06-2010
V.I.P.

But some of these fashion brands do hire black models. I know Versace, Burberry and Dolce & Gabbana hire women/men of color to participate in their runway shows. I don't understand why my previous post was deleted, btw.

19-06-2010
front row

In the current Menswear season not one black model was used by any of the houses you've just mentioned.

20-06-2010
V.I.P.

Why are we fully judging the season so far? It's barely been the first or second day of fashion week so let's not go ahead and make assumptions. Plus, Elfinkova is right. They have hired models of different backgrounds, both menswear and womenswear in past seasons so i wouldn't necessarily say the brands that have shown so far are biased in favoring caucasians.

20-06-2010
front row

Fashion is about Now with a name like Lagerfeldboy this is something you should have an understanding of. yes they used a handful of black models in the past seasons due to pressure from the fashion press but true to form as soon as the pressure lightens up they go back to the same old status quo which in milan many times is casting a show and sending a brief to the Agencies with NO Black Models in Bold and all caps.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
diversity, modeling, racial