Sex, Nudity and Fashion - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-12-2014
backstage pass

Can someone explain to me why in Paris and Milan fashion shows sheer dresses are shown unlined, and the model's butt(because she's usually wearing a thong) and bare breasts ate exposed? I'm not prudish or anything I just never understood why that is. I'm starting to get sick of it because it makes the garment look unfinished most of the time.

11-12-2014
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
He's definitely stuck in the oral phase; Freud would've had a heyday with him! LOL.

Repulsive indeed.

Why are no men eating hotdogs? Or raw meat? He's a misogynist if I ever saw one.
Couldn't agree more! and anyway, sex might sell but the way he does it it's just sleazy and I don't see any innovation at all, If you compare the work he did in 2006 with the work he does now it looks exactly the same.

16-12-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squilliam View Post
Can someone explain to me why in Paris and Milan fashion shows sheer dresses are shown unlined, and the model's butt(because she's usually wearing a thong) and bare breasts ate exposed? I'm not prudish or anything I just never understood why that is. I'm starting to get sick of it because it makes the garment look unfinished most of the time.
Just a guess here ... because we can't really know the motives of a designer and why they do things.

I would say there are several reasons why sheer garments are often shown unlined on the runway.

- It's probably the designer's vision ... sheerness has maximum impact when it's actually sheer.
- Europeans are not stodgy about nudity, it's actually acceptable in certain circumstances. Check out their beaches and the copious amounts of flesh to be found there... even on old people.
- Things change for the retail market anyway (unless it's couture). They usually make modified (and more modest) versions of runway looks, to sell in the stores.
- It's all about the "show" on the runway. People are naturally interested in nudity so it makes for an interesting experience. The press loves it, which is of up most importance to a designer trying to sell his line.

Last edited by BetteT; 16-12-2014 at 01:02 PM.
31-03-2017
V.I.P.

Idk if this is the right place to put this but I'm curious to know you guys' thoughts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...aign-ever.html

Moderator's Note: Obscured, but very graphic sexual images ... please use do not click on this link if you would find this offensive.

Last edited by BetteT; 01-04-2017 at 10:58 AM.

01-04-2017
V.I.P.

^ the stuff you bring from the daily mail..

I like the "having SEX while only PARTIALLY dressed".. .. wow me with the acrobatics of FULLY dressed, please.

I don't really care to be honest, it looks like a clothing line nobody will remember in less than 3 years, as a matter of fact, I already forgot the name..

My puritan/double-standard statement of the week is that the only people that will remember every detail of this (and maybe even the name of the line too!) are the new partners of the participants here.. retroactive jealousy, it's a real thing, people..

01-04-2017
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelista View Post
Idk if this is the right place to put this but I'm curious to know you guys' thoughts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...aign-ever.html

Moderator's Note: Obscured, but very graphic sexual images ... please use do not click on this link if you would find this offensive.
I don't agree with the article that this makes American Apparel ads look tame. These are real couples doing their thing, nothing perverted about it, so ...

08-04-2017
backstage pass

It doesn't showcase the clothes very well, so to me those ads are a fail. I'm not exactly sure what they're trying to sell, and it seems like they're relying on shock value to sell it which makes me think it's not a good product. These pictures are fine they just don't make good clothing ads imo

front row

this shoot by Wolfgang Tillmans with artist Alexandra Bircken and Designer Lutz Huelle in iD Magazine from the 90s is one of my favourite Editorials with sexual content. I love it because it is the opposite of the usual stereotypes in Fashion imagery

from lutzarchives wordpress

21-04-2017
fashion insider

So, so, so much hair.

Does anybody remember when Gaspard Yurkievich did that one show with the guys striking curious poses? Exactly. It didn't work for him, and I doubt it'll work for Eckhaus Blahblahblatta.

21-04-2017
#Resist

^ I noticed that too Not long ago I was at an art exhibit with a friend and she commented on the same thing in one of the paintings. I said it would be educational for the young people who possibly had never seen it before

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, nudity, sex