Thoughts on fashion bloggers - Page 34 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-11-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernVogue View Post
Bloggers in general are just greedy and selfish... the only reason most bloggers give their 'honest' opinion is just to get free loot.
Well for most of them blogging is their job so you cannot really blame them for ensuring their livelihood.

20-11-2016
V.I.P.

Question is how low are you willing to sink to ensure livelihood (general life question, not just about bloggers lol). Given our current state of anomie as evidenced in the past couple of weeks, I guess the answer to my own question is "bottomless barrel"..

Bloggers or editors are no longer a big concern... yes it is depressing, but if people think things can't get any worse and let's attack what's already here.. big mistake!. I think they should look at the poorly promising forecast vloggers are painting for us, especially fashion vloggers: "I WAS KIDNAPPED!" (.. by my vlogger boyfriend jokingly into the forever 21 fitting rooms), "I AM GETTING MARRIED!" (.. to my new purse), "HE HIT MY FACE!" (my cat), "2 DOLLAR VICTORIA'S SECRET HAUL" "VEGAN FISH".

These people make the fools dressed like tropical parrots at NYFW look so harmless and tame. I think the people that have some degree of power to redirect the path we're heading to should foment criticism and the importance of integrity to compensate against something that's gaining momentum by the minute.

Last edited by MulletProof; 20-11-2016 at 09:43 PM.
20-11-2016
V.I.P.

^True. The line between fake endorsement and fake news seems to becomming blurred when you look at it from that perspective. I am certain that if my state funded online newspaper used clickbait, the board of press ethics would stop it. That tells me something about the morality of it.

21-11-2016
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by eizhowa View Post
^True. The line between fake endorsement and fake news seems to becomming blurred when you look at it from that perspective. I am certain that if my state funded online newspaper used clickbait, the board of press ethics would stop it. That tells me something about the morality of it.
Those of us who worked for major fashion and style titles but managed to avoid cult-like immersion in the milieu used to observe the antics of some of the stylists and fashion editors using our pages to promote their private clients and remark with weary amusement that were we publishing financial magazines or supplements, they'd probably end up facing criminal charges.

The conflict of interest and professional ethics questions became even more acute with the arrival of user-friendly Internet tools. That said, I don't think glossy fashion and style magazines were ever truly independent in relation to their advertisers. A few lucky fashion journalists working for newspapers that did not in those days carry fashion advertising were able to write the truth as they saw it. But traditional magazines depend on advertising and sponsorship revenue to survive and when you bite the hand that feeds you, its owner stops feeding you.

For a time, a few of the better bloggers scared the advertisers but in the end, they sold out. Just as every Indy magazine launched since the 1960s has ended up selling out. Or closing down. The web is just another medium. The game hasn't changed. The trick is the art of intelligent compromise. It always was and always will be.

PK

flaunt the imperfection

the trick- is to think for yourself and not encourage such corrupt actions...
certainly- not to participate in them...

if enough people are reviled by it, and publicly say so...
the model ceases to work and therefore, it changes...

thanks for pointing out that crap, MP...
truly desperate and revolting...

21-11-2016
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
art of intelligent compromise
it's a good line...is there a book by that name...?
there must be...
sounds like a tony robbins seminar...

i think that's true with big things...
but with silly things like this, it's easy to simply walk away without any permanent consequences...
one doesn't need to crawl in the mud...

it's only fashion...
no one's survival depends on it...
i would say to those who are caught up in the mess...
"get another job..."
on that doesn't require you to be a whore...
then you can look yourself in the mirror without any plastic surgery or face paint, etc...
then you can be proud of who you are as a human being...

it feels better than any designer anything...
i swear...

Last edited by softgrey; 21-11-2016 at 01:48 PM.
04-12-2016
windowshopping

For me it is all about the fashion and less about the instant exposure. I personally write about fashion a lot in my work and also have a YouTube dedicated to the world of fashion and lifestyle. Though there is a lot of social media work that goes into the dedication I have to share my fashion visions, to me the actual stylings and looks always comes first.

I find it disheartening when people live through their phones and cannot enjoy the visual aspect of an optical based lifestyle. There is so much creativity that is offered through fashion and it should not be missed because someone is trying to show off or get their tweet in the fastest.

I live by the motto - share your art and creativity with the world but do not get lost in trying to outdo the next person.

Last edited by Carmack; 04-12-2016 at 08:19 PM. Reason: typo
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bloggers, editors, fashion, thoughts