How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-08-2013
front row

good writing skills, sense of fashion, style, styling, most of all insider connections to promote your blog in press because if you have this advantage you have free ads and one step further than others (this is really of some of the most famous blogs' success key that I observed).

20-08-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamrockgal View Post
good writing skills, sense of fashion, style, styling, most of all insider connections to promote your blog in press because if you have this advantage you have free ads and one step further than others (this is really of some of the most famous blogs' success key that I observed).
This is what I look the most, when I am reading blogs. And I think it is very important if they can give us informations about the newest styles, and the fabrics. I like blogs which gives you hinds how to wear a tie or color blocking clothey, especially about the tecnichs.

And I am not a big fan of Bryanboy. I have the feeling he is more showing off than real blogging about fashion.

20-08-2013
front row

I am not a big fan of BB too.I like inspiring blogs and I dont read alot of blogs.I think street style blogs are great inspiration.I love them.choose London and check out London street style.wanna be fed by Italian iconic style? go to Milan or Firenze street style.these are so inspiring.also I try to share what I bought and love to read on blogs what they buy, how they wear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housseyin View Post
This is what I look the most, when I am reading blogs. And I think it is very important if they can give us informations about the newest styles, and the fabrics. I like blogs which gives you hinds how to wear a tie or color blocking clothey, especially about the tecnichs.

And I am not a big fan of Bryanboy. I have the feeling he is more showing off than real blogging about fashion.

13-02-2014
windowshopping

Fashion blogs should be informative.. we like blogs like that… but also we enjoy looking at other type of styles.. especially from other countries… it's wonderful to see. At times when there is a blog that has a lot of brands, it could become monotonous, but it's part of the community & we support it.

18-05-2014
front row

I really like to be able to actually read something- the inspiration behind an outfit, the story of how they found a piece, why they love the outfit/ piece etc. I don't have to love everything the blogger wears, it just has to be interesting.

18-08-2014
scenester

I would love to see blogs that showcase more personality into dressing. Fashion is supposed to be fun! Take risks. Wearing flannel with denim cutoffs isn't revolutionary. It's either lackluster or everything just seems so uptight and by the book. There should also be an ease I believe and a lot of what I've seen seems so forced (the clothes are wearing the bloggers). The Beckerman sisters are probably one of the few that are having SO much fun, wearing what they like, and you can see it--although I don't necessarily resonate with their style haha.

Last edited by EuropeanGlamour; 18-08-2014 at 10:31 AM.
30-08-2014
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspepe View Post
So what makes a good fashion blog, and what is the role of a fashion blog? Obviously it's a matter of personal taste.

I like the idea of getting insight into a single person's preferences, and going on their journey, rather than having information shoved upon you by a major media company, with the backing of advertisers.

Good taste (depending on your personal preferences) is fundamental, as are images; and as much as I would like to put writing skills as paramount, I think for most readers/viewers it comes third.

With all the street style and 'what I wore today' blogs out there, I feel it gets mundane, and many are very poorly written. I very rarely remember street style photographs, or blog articles, they don't inspire me the same way a magazine article would. I also hate scrolling through something that is badly designed, and looks like its been stuck into someone's scrapbook.

Product endorsements, sneaky advertorials etc are annoying, but the big mags have been doing it for years (which of course doesn't make it right!)

Would love to hear other people's thoughts on this..

x
I agree with you when it comes to the persons personal journey and their own point of view as it provides something different and interesting. I also really value good writing skills as I believe this is just as important as high quality images, but I am tiring of seeing fashion blogs that are really similar to each other and have no individualism about them.

I love streetstyle blogs as I find the images really insightful and inspiring but would like to see something different, I feel like a lot of blogs are the same.....
Tali x

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blog, fashion, good, makes