How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2010
front row

Its like an instict to me.I am in love with fashion since I was a kid.All my life I've been a very good fashion magazine reader and writer and drawing all the skecthes and colours and paints.I love art and fashion.I'm in love with all kinds of style.

27-12-2010
windowshopping

It allows me to be different and show people what kind of personality and creativity and possess.

However, and this can be construed as vain, it gives me a bit of confidence knowing that I look good. I think that may stem from the fact that I used to be quite depressed and upset with how I looked (severe acne, etc.), but now that that's all in the past, I want to spend every moment looking as good as possible.

28-12-2010
rising star

Its a form of art, a way of self expression, and the no limit to the imagination and creativity and oddness that comes with it..and most of all..its fun

05-01-2011
windowshopping

fashion
its a very personal thing like art , an way of expressing our inner feeling awaringly and unawaringly.
and coz i love clothes~!

05-01-2011
front row

it changes from season to season. you never really know what you're gonna get out of the diverse set of designers in the industry nowadays.

20-11-2012
fashion insider

The other day I was in class (fashion design) and my teacher asked me: why do I like fashion and why did I choose to do a fashion design school?
I wasn't expecting her questions and I have to admit I had no idea how to answer... She kind of put my passion into question and it startled me all weekend.

As long as I can remember I've always loved it, in kindergarden I would watch fashion TV and "DIY" things I liked in shows (but always ended up frustrated because obviously my no sew, no seam, no nothing vest didn't look like what I wanted :p) and just from then on always watching, reading fashion and making clothes.

I don't think you necessarily need a reason to. I read this thing (I can't recall where or who wrote it but...) about falling in love, that it's all about a "je ne sais quoi" you don't know why you are but you just are, and when you start pin pointing what that special unexplainable thing was, the magic starts to fade and you start seeing the flaws and realizing that the person wasn't this extraordinary person that came from heaven. I think that's what I feel about fashion, there's this magical thing that captivates me and that captivated me since I was very young, but I'm incapable of explaining what. And I'm not sure I want to know. I just want to continue drawing, admiring shows, editorials, designers, making clothes, styling shoots, reading and writing about it all.

12-12-2012
rising star

I love-hate fashion. Im trying to find justification for alot of things in fashion, and the more i think about it the more depressing it is for me. But I also feel that its inevitable, because even by not wanting to make a fashion statement you are making one, and i do care about it alot. I just dont know if i love what it means most of the time. What i do love is the feeling of making your own clothes, thats empowering and feels great.

15-12-2012
scenester

I have no idea why. When I see a fashion (on the runway, in a magazine, on the Internet, etc.), I feel my heart weaken and adrenaline in my body. Something about it makes me happily fall in love.

15-12-2012
fashion insider

Because I am vain, I want to look better than others, I care for things that don't matter in real life, just kidding. I love fashion because I love beautiful things, art, it makes me feel good about myself. Are the two reasons the same

15-12-2012
windowshopping

I like Fashion because its trendy. I like looking at collections and since I lack of fashion style its very inspiring to look at models in designer clothes. It gives me some ideas for myself.

I love looking at artistical side of photoshoots, its fun and creative.

Oh and you can't help but to admire stunning models, these humans are breathtakingly scary..

17-12-2012
tfs star

I always describe fashion as a form of art expressed through the means of clothes. Everyone who wants to make a statement does so with fashion. Fashion is more than just clothes. More than just putting together certain garments. Those who even remotely care about fashion want to the clothes they wear be an extension of their personality. More importantly, I always say that fashion is a way to make a statement without saying anything.

I am not qualified to passionately talk fashion and not qualified to professionally talk fashion, but I do have my own affinity for fashion to even be in the same room (so to speak) of fashion discussion. So that explains my own love of fashion.

V.I.P.

Because I am an aesthete.

Because I love art of every kind.

Because I believe we should experiment with our identities.

Because fashion is a non-verbal communicator.

Because I like to play.

Because I like to dress appropriately for occasions.

Because I am not a nudist.

Because it complements my nail polish.

Because fabrics feel good against my skin.

Because it is warm.

Because it is cool.

Because it is HOT!

Because fashion is transformative.

Because I am a shapeshifter.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
31-12-2012
windowshopping

As other people said, it's art. I wouldn't say I "love" it--clothes aren't my passion and I'm a pretty plain dresser. Plus I don't want to get overly wrapped up in appearances, but it's definitely interesting to see what people come up with and I enjoy that. One day when I have the money I'd like to see fashion shows up close and travel to different design capitals.

02-01-2013
V.I.P.

Fashion in itself does not really interest me. That's not to say I don't appreciate a great collection or individual pieces here and there. What I do love is a great story a campaign or editorial tell. All the elements are in place, beautiful styling, photography, lighting, hair & makeup, backdrop, models and of course, the clothes. It could be an incredible couture collection simply styled or elaborate swimsuit spread. When everything's in place, that's when I really appreciate and love fashion.

windowshopping

I separate the terms Fashion and Style. Fashion, for me, it's art. It's what designers present every season, and balancing beauty, hair, accessories.. it's an amazing art. I'm in love with details, colors, and proportion. If you ask me about my style, it's the opposite about how I like fashion.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, love