How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Fashion... In Depth
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2013
windowshopping

I certainly don't love fashion as a whole, I love certain designers, certain collections, certain pieces...

I love the stereotypical fashion life, but ultimately it's a façade; albeit a fabulous one.

21-03-2013
windowshopping

I love fashion because of this the fashion weeks, were new designs, collections are showcased and its the time of year when spring starts and its out with the old in with the new, that feeling which is why I love sites like these so I can check them out and keep up to date

http://fashionweeks.freshnet.se/

And keep the spring clean as of sorts going until winter at least

21-03-2013
rising star

Because fashion is a form of escape. When I'm browsing collections, streetstyle photos or reading articles, I feel like a princess. I can clearly see myself wearing this stunning Marchesa dress.

I love everything that brings pleasure to the eye. Ugly things make me feel nervous and unbalanced. I'm not a perfectionist. Beauty is not all about perfection, it's all about feeling that something looks like how it's meant to be.

03-05-2013
windowshopping

It's sort of a self-expression tool.

trendsetter

I love how the responses differ.

I love fashion because...I cannot breathe, walk and live without putting my creativity into what I do. It's very similar to cooking...how wonderful to turn a daily activity into a joy...to be creative with our cooking, to give pleasure to ourselves and to others! Fashion is the same; to imbue with love the everyday act of dressing oneself and thus elevate it into art, an act of devotion. I don't just mean the act of wearing clothes, but designing as well, and appreciating the work of others.

If I lived in nature without clothes, I would still find a way to enjoy fashion...weave flowers and seashells into my hair maybe.

I guess fashion is love

04-05-2013
scenester

Why do i love fashion? Well because its sensitive, very emotive, it´s Art ! well at least to me, I remember the first article that I saw, a coverage from the couture week, and there it was, Chanel, and it was like WOW ! AMAZING ! and I thought: he makes people dream, from that moment I knew what I wanted to be, so I became a fashion designer. Its art cause we use the same resources than any other artist, a painter, a dancer, a writer, a photographer, we use our feelings, anger , sadness, joy, a bad relationship, we took our inspiration from ourselves, friends, family, people around us, location, traditions, manners, everything.
It gives me a lot of satisfaction, the ability to fulfill my clients expectations, it makes me so happy and sometimes,it gives me some money ! hahahaha ! but that´s the less important part of it :p

rising star

I love fashion because it's the ultimate form of self-expression. For me, anyway. I love the way that certain clothing fits me and improves my overall mood. Even the perfect pair of jeans can cause a positive change in mood.

I think that some fashion counts as works of art. I love many artforms. That said I don't love all fashions. Some of it is garbage, but I realize that this is subjective.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
I love how the responses differ.

I love fashion because...I cannot breathe, walk and live without putting my creativity into what I do. It's very similar to cooking...how wonderful to turn a daily activity into a joy...to be creative with our cooking, to give pleasure to ourselves and to others! Fashion is the same; to imbue with love the everyday act of dressing oneself and thus elevate it into art, an act of devotion. I don't just mean the act of wearing clothes, but designing as well, and appreciating the work of others.

If I lived in nature without clothes, I would still find a way to enjoy fashion...weave flowers and seashells into my hair maybe.

I guess fashion is love
Very well put and certainly one of my approaches. But I also love it because of the psychological aspect fascinates me. Why do we dress in certain ways? Why is this considered feminine and that masculine? What's the whole unconscious process behind the dressing for others thing, or just dressing for oneself?

17-05-2013
V.I.P.

cause it's pretty.

does that count?

22-05-2013
V.I.P.

I think I hate fashion... it took me a long time to realise it ... but I'm atracted to the idea of style, the illusion of self-expression, the quest for identity through symbols, what's problematic is distinction, because the line that separates what's conditioning you from essence itself (providing it's not urban myth) tends to be very blurry, especially when you're consciously trying to spot it, and possess it. Lately I find the idea of giving up to that 'separation' far more interesting than trying to reinforce it, equally delusional anyway, but probably the only reason I still keep an eye on this, and obviously because it's a necessity (dressing), so you might as well find a sugary outlet to get through it with enthusiasm (imagery). Other than that, the actual business, and the people.. the tangible side of it, regardless of the position they interpret selling garments from (depth, no depth, whatever).. I'd rather not.

rising star

It´s nice to read a similar opinion. I really don´t like alot of things about fashion and I think fashion is depressing most of the time, the only aspect of it I truly enjoy is the empowering feeling of making my own clothes.
I also feel there is something similar to some kind of unsatisfied lust when it comes to fashion, you always end up wanting more than you have....anyways, just wanted to say i agree with what you wrote, its comforting to read similar opinions.

19-03-2014
front row

I love fashion because it is like a beautiful, wild hurricane-creature which is constantly and relentlessly metamorphosising. It's reflective of the world around me, and the world reflects it back. I can't really touch it, and if you are in the core of it - making it from the inside - the pace at which is spins can be dangerous.

Korshunova.Roslyakova.Kershaw.Ellingson.Farkullina.Onopka.Horst.Tretter.Celaya

08-04-2014
rising star

I love style and art, that's the soul of something bigger. Personally I see fashion as subservient to that and I often really dislike it.

Last edited by Iconolast; 08-04-2014 at 05:23 PM.
21-04-2014
windowshopping

I love fashion because it represents who we are as a people. Where I come from, fashion is often used to represent who we really are. It also represents the values and culture of the country.

Plus don't you find it interesting why people from different countries or province have their own unique clothes? I for one find it very interesting because those clothes may represent who they are as a country or province.

16-05-2014
scenester

Frankly, I don't really like fashion. Style is what I love!

To see fashion taken and implemented into a real person's life no matter how mundane or fabulous that life...that is what excites me. I think it's the reason I prefer the more wearable designers to those that make fanciful pieces of unwearable art. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at beautifully crafted and ornate collections, but for me fashion (the things on the runway) is like to going to a restaurant and only looking at the food. Style is what we get when we pull up to the table and consume that delectable food.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, love