How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Hommes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2014
the mysteries

Barrett Pall
With London Mgmt.

Height 5'11''
Chest 38''
Waist 30''
Shoe 9.5
Suit Size 38R
Hair Brown
Length Short

londonmgtgroup

08-03-2014
the mysteries

londonmgtgroup

the mysteries

londonmgtgroup

the mysteries

Quote:
Following their sexy shoot with David Picard, Charlie by Matthew Zink continue their #charliefan social media scouting with a photo session by Greg Vaughan featuring Barrett Pall, Matthew, Michael, Warren, Sheldon, Chaz and Kris. The boys were groomed by Scott McMahan.

homotography

the mysteries

Interview With Barrett Pall
Quote:
Hello Barrett! Would you like to introduce yourself to my readers?
Hey there you sexual beings! I’m Barrett Pall. A twenty-something model with Q NYC, Barry’s Bootcamp Instructor in Chelsea NYC, Project Manager of a new Health Food, writer for my blog artisanandking and sometime normal person.

Talk me through an average day in the life of you?
None of my days are average, but normally I wake up and go to my day job where I am the project manager of a new health food product. It’s awesome and revolutionary. We launch memorial day weekend, but until then my lips are sealed. During my lunch break, I run off to a casting or two, and then I am back on the grind. After work I head to Barry’s Bootcamp in Chelsea, where I take a class then immediately after teach a class. Then I head home, and try to have a minute to myself before passing out. Tired yet? Me too.

Omg Barrett, I'm exhausted. How did you get into modelling? Were you scouted?
I am not your classic model, nor has my career been conventional. I wasn’t scouted, probably because I am technically "too short” to be a model. I actually got into modelling while I was going to college at NYU. My friends took my picture against one of our dorm room walls, submitted them to agencies and strangely I heard back from a few.

What would you say is your best feature?
My eyes. I truly believe your eyes are the gateway to your soul. I am extremely open, and wear my heart on my sleeve. I think you can see that in all of my pictures.

I completely forgot to ask for your measurements! Just pretend this is a super important casting…
If I have to. ;-) You will be surprised to hear that I am not 6’2. I am actually 5’9.5 like Tony Ward. A lot of people don’t know him today, but he was a true male supermodel, and I would love to emulate my career against his. Look him up! Waist 30, Inseam 30, Jacket 38R, Shirt S/M, Shoe 9.5. I have dark blonde hair and blue eyes. Book me!

What is a typical casting like?
If it is a Go-See, which is what you want because that means they have requested to see you specifically, it is usually pretty quick, casual, and you have a little chat with the client. If it is a normal casting or “cattle call” this means the client just wants to see every option available. Be prepared to wait around, a lot. My suggestion; make friends, bring a book, have games on your phone.

What do you enjoy the most about modelling?
I truly love to be in front of the camera. When I step in front of a camera, I get to be someone else. I turn into an entirely different person who isn’t the least bit shy, and has all the confidence in the world.

We can see that! What do you like the least?
The fact that I am not your conventional “model height” because it puts me at a huge disadvantage over something I can’t change, and the industry seems to be afraid of. Look at my book, I don’t think it is or should be a problem.

You have shot with a number of great photographers. Who has been the most fun to work with?
I truly have gotten to shoot with some amazing photographers, but the one who has been the most fun to work with is Marco Ovando. He reached out to me, which was a huge honor, and he normally doesn’t do that. On set I just felt totally free to be me, and he is a total sweetheart.

We get along on a deep level, so it is always fun to have a great chat and make something beautiful. When you click with the photographer the whole shoot just feels electric.

If you could shoot with any fashion photographer of your choice tomorrow, who would you choose and why?
I think there are some clear choices here, but I would love to work with the amazing Steven Klein. His work is unprecedented, and once you shoot with the best, you become part of the best.

A fine choice, sir. Your recent shoot with Marco Ovando is pretty naughty. Have you always been comfortable posing sans clothes?
Is it? Haha, yes it is! And to answer the question, not at all. Recently I feel like I have really become comfortable with myself in all ways, and I think that translates in those pictures. I was actually the one to suggest we ditch the underwear and bathing suits we had intended on shooting, and just go full on birthday suit. I think they turned out pretty beautiful, if I do say so myself.

They most certainly did. You also act, right?
I do. Not as much as I used to the past few years, but it is still a passion, and if the right opportunity presented itself I would not pass it up.

Would you say acting and modelling compliment each other?

I think to be a great model, you have to be somewhat of an actor. Anyone can stand blank-faced in front of a camera, but to take an amazing picture that enraptures you and takes you in, you must be feeling something. A great model can bring forth emotions to show that there is so much more going on before and after that quick captured moment.

I also recall you did some work on 'True Blood'! What was the experience like?
It was great. I was there for a couple of months, and got to work with some amazing actors. Everyone was amazingly nice, and just being around such talented actors makes you want to be that much better. Being cast as one of the most beautiful creatures in the world is also a huge compliment.

I would take that compliment and run with it!!! Can you talk about any shoots or projects we can expect to see you in over the next few months?

I have a few shoots coming out in a few different magazines. I know there is one coming out this month I believe for Adon Magazine. I may do another collaboration with Matthew Zink for his super sexy line, Charlie. I recently had some meetings with producers about possibly being on two different shows, but who knows? I am also working on really taking my writing to the next level, which you can check out at artisanandking. I am the Artisan of the sight.

How do you like to spend your time when not working?
I feel like I am always working, but I do make a point to have time to do the things I love. I live for music and being outside, so when you can combine the two I am literally a happy camper. I already have tickets to a bunch of shows in NYC for this coming summer. Governor’s Ball anyone? I also love working out and dancing.

A guilty pleasure you can't seem to quit?
Carbs, I ****ing love carbs.

If the world was coming to an end and you were allowed one last kiss, who would be lucky enough to land on your lips?
My best friend because I know I would be leaving this world kissing someone I truly love.

Which flavour of ice cream best describes your personality and why?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Swirl because it is delicious, fun, tasty and so so so good!

Would you like to ask Portis Wasp a question?
If you weren’t doing what you are doing now, what would you pursue? Where else in the world do you dream of living? If you change one thing about the world what would it be?

Well, Barrett, I just recently resigned from my day job, as I feel like now is the right time to work on my blog full time. I also plan to work on a number of creative projects, collaborations with artists, and to continue writing for a variety of publications. If all goes well, which I'm sure it will, I plan to move from Scotland to London by the end of the year.

To answer your last question, if I could change one thing about the world I would give everyone good health and the opportunity to live their life however they pleased. Though I'm not entirely sure that would result in a better world to live in. I hope it would.

What happens next?

I continue my hustle in NYC. My plan right now is to continue to take all the opportunities that have presented themselves to me and run with them. I am going to continue to work like a fiend to make even more arise. My ultimate goal is to be able to write for a living, share my own experiences with the world in the hopes that through my own journey others can figure there's out even better. I would love to end up hosting a TV Show that allowed me to combine my love for travel, fitness and overall wellness. So keep an eye out for this guy because this truly is just the beginning.

I wish you every success, fella. Thanks Barrett!

Feel free to follow Barrett:
instagram @barrettpall
facebook: Barrett Pall
twitter: @barrettpall
Blog: artisanandking

Ph: Marco Ovando
myportiswasp

Last edited by rubydon; 02-05-2014 at 12:52 AM.
07-05-2014
the mysteries

Ph: Marco Ovando

homotography.blogspot

Mr. Magic

W August 2014
Who's the Boss
Photographer:
Steven Klein
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Make-Up: Sammy Mourabit
Hair: Shon