How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Hommes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

Bruce Burrowes

Agency: Red Models Managment
Height 6' 0"
Suit 40R
Shirt 15
Waist 32"
Inseam 32"
Shoes 11
Hair dark brown
Eyes green

rednyc

02-02-2012
V.I.P.

rednyc

19-12-2012
the mysteries

Bruce also happens to be one of Jamaica's top squash players:

Quote:
Bruce Burrowes has not been enjoying his Delhi experience so far, at least not on the squash court, where up to this point he has already lost all his matches at the 2010 Commonwealth Games being contested in the Indian capital.

The youngster, however, remains positive despite the lack of success and believes his experience will have a positive impact on his future.
Burrowes lost his opening match 0-3 to Danish Khan of Pakistan on Monday, and again came out on the losing end a day later against Papua New Guinea's Michael Rucklinger by a 3-1 margin.

Despite the poor results, he remains upbeat and is convinced that the results have done him more good than harm.

"I was hoping to win a good couple of matches. I didn't have a specific number in mind, but I'll learn a lot from this experience," said Burrowes. "Of course, I would say I would love to win the gold, but realistically, right now I'm not really there yet, so I'm looking to play against some good players, get some exposure and see what squash is like outside of Jamaica and the Caribbean."

Change of court
Burrowes, whose father Wayne and uncle Warren are well known in regional badminton circles due to past exploits, was playing on a glasscourt for the first time and thinks that his inexperience in that respect has affected his performances as well.

"It was my first time playing in an all glasscourt and it really threw me off in the game," Burrowes said. "I really didn't have the composure I wanted to have, but the guy was really good, so the result perhaps would have been the same, but I would have had better games."

Explaining the difference between both courts, Burrowes noted: "Well, it (ball) bounces a lot different and the angles are changed a bit when it comes off the walls. Also, the balls die a lot quicker, so you have less time to get to it and also the way you read the ball is different.

"They use a white ball here and it's very difficult to read the ball against the glass," Burrowes explained. "It affects the game a lot and I can't tell you how many times I actually swung and hit the glass itself, not knowing where it was."

With his father featuring in the national finals on well over 20 occasions, the younger Burrowes is well aware that he has big shoes to fill. However, he is not to bothered by this and underlined his parents' support for him.

"They (parents) have never put any pressure on me, I feel like I have to do good. But it's good to know that I have someone to look up to like my dad and he has really inspired me to do my best on court," said Burrowes.

Burrowes will next feature in today's consolation plate competition.
jamaica-gleaner

V.I.P.

thanks for the added info ruby

the mysteries

red nyc

fashion insider

wow a potential crush right here! Thanks for the pictures Ruby

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bruce, burrowes