How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Hommes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2011
backstage pass

Caesar Stovall
His name is Caesar Stovall. He's at Red. He just walked Givenchy Spring 2012.

Before that he was based in North Carolina and participated in Charlotte Fashion Week. I met him at one of those castings.

thefashionisto

Model-daddy tumblr

images from Travis Teate(the photographer)

Last edited by markese91; 25-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.

25-06-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Wow, quite intriguing features, love his cleft chin and and his perfectly placed beauty marks (moles) on his face. Perfect body as well. Look forward to seeing more of him in the future. He really stood out to me at Givenchy!

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 25-06-2011 at 12:15 PM.
25-06-2011
scenester

I've been looking for this guy's work for a while...He is simply beautiful...Glad he got to walk this season for Givenchy

backstage pass

photo Joseph Bleu

adult image hosting
the imagist

03-07-2011
the mysteries

he's lovely. hope to see more of him.

backstage pass

red website.

13-07-2011
scenester

gorgeous face and presence

the mysteries

Backstage at Givenchy S/S 12

hommemodel

backstage pass

And then there was the new faces feature: http://models.com/newfaces/dailyduo/14096

22-07-2011
rising star

Video by Ceasar Stovall behind the scenes Givenchy SS 2012

source: CaesarREDNYC @ youtube

Last edited by rubyshimmer; 22-07-2011 at 10:11 AM.
07-08-2011
the mysteries

Caesar Stovall, Army Medic Turned Givenchy Model

By Guy Trebay

Left, Francois Rousseau; right, Kristy Sparow/Getty Images

Caesar Stovall, a 24-year-old Army medic, wore a suit reminiscent of his uniform while walking for Givenchy in Paris.

THE military trains its personnel to do battle, and so does fashion. The techniques and methods may differ, but the core precepts are the same.

“There are so many ways to be manipulated and set back, so many people out to get you, that you have to maintain integrity,” said Caesar Stovall, a 24-year-old Army medic who has served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. “It’s very easy to lose yourself.”

Mr. Stovall was talking by phone from Fort Jackson, S.C., where he is stationed as a reservist. A short while ago, he found himself in an altogether different universe, without Humvees, car bombs or I.E.D.’s.

Discovered this spring on a Web site for aspiring models, he had come to New York for test shots with the photographer Joseph Bleu.

“I test four models a week, and when you see one after another, they all blend in,” Mr. Bleu said. “But Caesar had something different, charisma and an energy that’s sort of effervescent.” He is also 6-foot-3 and has virtually no body fat.

“He has this boy face, but his stature is strong,” Mr. Bleu said. “He has this sensitive but powerful thing.”

The photographer referred Mr. Stovall to George Brown at Red Model Management. Though initially skeptical of Mr. Stovall’s prospects, Mr. Brown nonetheless sent him along to a casting with a group of other agency hopefuls. Then, in one of those twists of fate that abound in fashion, it was Mr. Stovall, the total unknown, who was chosen. Before he realized what was happening, he was walking a runway in Paris in last month’s men’s wear presentations. He was wearing an olive drab suit reminiscent of his military uniform, except that the bottom half was a skirt.

“It was definitely surreal,” said Mr. Stovall, who soon found himself in the enviable position of being signed to a Givenchy exclusive by the label’s designer, Riccardo Tisci.

“I had no clue how big of a deal it was,” Mr. Stovall said. “Down where I come from, they don’t say Givenchy,” he added, using its proper French pronunciation (zhee-vahn-shee), “they say Givenchy,” using the hard “g” of give and the hard “ch” of bench.

Down where Mr. Stovall comes from happens to be Shreveport, La. Born in Chicago, he was raised in Cajun country, largely by aunts and uncles who worked as chefs. “I don’t know my father,” he said. “My mother, I haven’t seen in years.”

At a low point before enlisting four years ago, Mr. Stovall was floating around jobless and homeless, living out of his car. An Army recruiter at a job fair persuaded him to enlist. He signed on a Monday, was in basic training at Fort Sill, Okla., by Friday and was deployed to Iraq within the year. “We were shot at and blown up,” he said. “I saw the bombs and I.E.D.’s, the convoys, but we didn’t lose a single soldier. It wasn’t too bad. We had a lot of luck.”

If his luck holds, Mr. Stovall will not be redeployed and will be back in New York for the fall shows. Still, he has another audience to consider: the men in his squad. “They tease me a lot about it,” Mr. Stovall said good-naturedly. “ ‘Oh, here comes a model.’ But it’s not like this has gone to my head. That’s one of those traps to avoid. That’s another thing I learned from the Army: Stay true to yourself.”

runway.blogs.nytimes

.my prison is your brain.

Thanks rubydon , cool and humble guy, I respect him a lot and hope he makes it to NYFW as well.

21-08-2011
the mysteries

red nyc

the mysteries

red nyc

the mysteries

NY S/S 12 Showcard

models

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
caesar, stovall