How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Hommes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-05-2010
front row

welcome!
I'll do the other ones today! (at least 1)

12-05-2010
front row

Second video
Male presentator: Addy van den Krommenacker, he has an assistent. He (Chiel) almost does everything for him. He has to share/spread his time though. It seems like he'll be conquered by the huge fashionlabels.
Female presentator: That still must be proved (idk, but something like wait until results). There is a competition going on for Calvin Klein. And if you'll be on a billboard for CK, I think Addy seriously needs to keep in mind that Chiel can't serve as his p.a. anymore. We'll take a look to what Addy has to say.
Voice: The assistent of fashionking Addy seems to have more than this. Maybe we can see our Chiel in bedroomoutfit through the whole country.
Chiel: Addy encouraged me and then I really started to go to castings. Yeah.. then you go for it. And the passion of being on a large billboard is there. And if possible, of course for Calvin Klein.
Voice: As a coming up talent, halfnude model, he knows fashion industry.
Chiel: I didn't know much about Dutch glamour. I didn't even know who Connie Breukhoven is.
Addy: *Laughing* No he had never heard of her, no..
Chiel: So, I've got a short course from Addy, he told me all about it.
Addy: He just understands me. I just have to give a small sign like: oh look there's still a model standing over there who needs some help, or I'd like a coffee. He notices very fast.
Voice: With his trousers/pants on his knees he gets 'hands on each other'/things done? (I'm sorry this sounds weird but I don't know the right translation).
The competition is hard, very hard.
Addy: I remember the large billboards with Marky Mark and he became a real celebrity thanks to the CK campaign. Chiel started to go to the gym when he was 16 and we train a lot together. He just has a nice developed body. He's a good guy for CK.
Voice: If Chiel really gets his break-through, Addy doesn't has to advertise immediatly.
Chiel: It would be nice if it's just besides it. Sometimes nice traveling and nice jobs. But I really want to stay with Addy.
Female presentator: Yes, of course he says really nice for Addy that he want to do it besides. But if he wins and makes it to a CK billboard then it will become serious
Male presentator: But isn't it possible to just take the picture and then they'll have it, right?
Female presentator: Then it just really begins. The winner gets offered a contract with a big/great modellingagency in London and a trip to South-Africa. He competes with 8 men. Number 1 is, if I'm right, from England. Not really surprising. I have to say that I don't think his haircut is great...
Guy in the middle: No....
Female presentator: Currently Chiel is in third place and in the end of April we'll know more.

Last edited by Marjon; 12-05-2010 at 01:33 PM.
12-05-2010
front row

Have you seen the Dale Grand part on his website? I think those are the best pictures

Last edited by Marjon; 12-05-2010 at 01:42 PM.
23-06-2010
Mr. Magic

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
23-06-2010
V.I.P.

Oh hi, Chiel.

16-07-2010
Mr. Magic

Photoshoot for GQ Italia July 2010 by Stefano Galuzzi

http://www.menstyle.it/cont/video/10...asi-a-nudo.asp

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
20-07-2010
Mr. Magic

Signed with Major Milan, Elite Barcelona, and recently with D1 Models London.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
07-09-2010
Mr. Magic

Quote:
From a small town boy to a model who has Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, GQ Italy and many more on his portfolio. Twenty-one year old Chiel from ‘s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands still finds it hard to believe that this is his life at the moment. “I used to be very shy, but people always came up to me and encouraged me to pursuit modelling.” Even though he wasn’t sure about a modelling career he knew that he was interested in fashion from a young age. “I remember when I was thirteen or fourteen years old. I saw a watch from Dolce & Gabbana and immediately knew that it needed to be mine. So I worked for the rest of the summer at a three nursery. Just to save up for my watch! Something totally different,” he laughs.

Chiel created his interest in fashion by himself. “My environment is not really into fashion. I also grew up in a very small town, so people around me were not that fashionable,” he says. He finds it hard to identify with Dutch style. “Dutch people rather go for comfortable and simple clothes than try a little harder to look good.” He can identify more with Italian men who know how to pull it off! “My personal style can be described as fashionable, but still masculine and close to my personality.” To update his style Chiel likes to go shopping for new items and sample sales. His must have is a good jacket. “I got all sorts of jackets and I love to switch them. Every other week I have another favourite.” Even tough he has some good taste, he ensures me not to be this haughty man who looks at his self in the mirror all day.

So boys if you want to be as stylish as this pretty boy, than take note on his style picks! He goes for comfortable instead of dressed up, but with style! Chooses shoes over sneakers and colour over black. “I really like coloured shirts instead of black.” He likes to see women as natural as possible. “Women should not wear too much make-up and I love a lady in heels. Dutch women are too shy when it comes to heels. They wear like three of four cm heels. This may be a lot higher if you ask me,” says Chiel. If Chiel could change something in the world of fashion than his tip is to focus less on crash diets and be healthy instead, he advice women not to wear wool tights anymore and he hopes that there will be a designer who comes with wearable shoes to work out!

His most memorable moment in fashion is when he got ‘the call’ from Calvin Klein. “I can’t describe how it felt to be a part of the 9 countries 9 men campaign. I had to fly immediately to London! From there I went to Europe’s fashion capitals for shoots (like Madrid, Milan, Paris and Stockholm). The campaign was a positive jump in my career and opened many doors,” he explains. If there is one thing I notice from Chiel, it is how humble he is. He still works for Dutch designer Addy van den Krommenacker besides modelling! “I really like modelling, but I like to use my head and do something with my degrees in retail management, small business and financial planning.” From PR and show production to starring in front of the camera, the boy does it all!

So, what can we expect from the boy with a bright future in fashion? “I just enjoy my life as it is right now, I am very pleased. I try to work for Addy a few days and doing shoots abroad the other days. We’ll see how it goes,” he says. Humble as he is...

More about Chiel?
Check his Website or follow him on twitter!
myrootsmystyle

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
25-11-2010
Mr. Magic

d1models
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2084_54968.jpg (128.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54969.jpg (124.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54970.jpg (109.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54972.jpg (153.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54971.jpg (119.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54976.jpg (120.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54977.jpg (114.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54978.jpg (99.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54973.jpg (92.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2084_54974.jpg (88.4 KB, 1 views)

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
31-12-2011
scenester

Chiel Konings by Sandor Lubbe

homotography.blogspot

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chiel, konings