How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Hommes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2012
V.I.P.

Josh Weeks
Josh Weeks

Stats Height 6' 0" / 183cm Chest 36" / 92cm Waist 32" / 81cm Hips - Inseam 33" / 84cm Suit 36 / 46
Shoes 10 / 44 Hair blond Eyes hazel - from D1 Models

Agencies
D1 Model Management (London, UK) *photo & info source/credit
Vision ID Model Agency (a.k.a Kirstie Howells Model Agency based in Cardiff, UK)

nikki4boyaki.blog93.fc2.com

12-09-2012
V.I.P.

Name: Josh Weeks

Are you living in London now?
Well I’m at university in London, but I finished my first year so I’m living back at home for summer, then I’m moving back here in September.

How long have you been modelling?
Well I’ve been at D1 since January. I was with a Welsh agency since last July but they put me forward for D1 around November time, so I’ve got a mother agency in Wales, and then D1’s my London agency.

So how did it begin? Did you get scouted?
I was working in a clothes shop and the company I was working for asked me to do some shoots for their blog online and the photographer, he was doing work experience at the Welsh modelling agency, so he sort of recommended me and then I went to see them and it just kicked off from there.

What have your modelling experiences been like so far?
They’ve been good. I love going to castings and meeting lots of different people, working with photographers, so I’m hoping it all continues to go well from here.

What’s your dream modelling job?
I think the Burberry campaign would be my dream modelling job. Thomas Penfound, another model with D1 is doing it at the moment, and I aspire to be able to acheive similar things.

What are you passionate about?
Music. I’m in a band, I play bass guitar and I write the lyrics as well. I’m studying English Literature at university and writing lyrics and poetry is something that interests me on the side of modelling.

3 random facts about yourself?
I used to play football for Wales, so I played for my country a couple of times.
I hate cats. I’ve got three, my parents decided to get them even though I have an allergy to cats.
And also I have two younger brothers called Jack and Joe and my name’s Josh so it gets really confusing having a Josh, Jack and Joe in the house.

If you could live during any other period of history, when would you choose?
I think around sort of the 1950’s, the Beat Generation in America. So around Jack Kerouac sort of time when they were travelling across the USA just looking for the American dream. I think that’s kinda cool.

What’s your favourite time of day?
Just before the sun goes down, I’d say. So in summertime, around 9pm. I like having barbeques in my back garden with my family and stuff.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a footballer for quite a while, but then when I didn’t get a professional contract, that’s when I went to university and my passion for writing sort of took off.

So what kind of things do you like writing?
Mainly lyrics. There’s certain lyricists like Richey Edwards and Ian Curtis who I really look up to because they seem to write about things that society are almost scared to write about, so instead of just writing about girls they’re in love with, they write about issues and problems in the world. So, yeah, I don’t think you should be afraid to write about negative things necessarily, because sometimes society need to push to sort out these issues and adjust them.

Have you seen the film about Joy Division?
Control? Yeah, I loved it, it’s really good.

What kind of music does your band play?
Mainly rock music. Yeah, we’re a three-piece, so we try and keep it quite raw and when we record we don’t really like to edit over the top, we try and record it all live to tape. So yeah, I’d probably just say classic rock.

Photos: Cecilie Harris
Words: Kaamilah Nahaboo

boysbygirls.co.uk

V.I.P.

We hear you're in a band, how super cool! Tell us a bit more about it.
I play bass guitar in a three piece rock band called "The Youngjack". My younger brother, Jack, is the lead singer and guitarist, and our friend Mike is our drummer.

How long have you played bass and been making music?
Jack and I have been writing songs at home since we were really young, but I only started learning bass guitar about a year ago. I write the lyrics and Jack writes the music.

What’s your favourite lyrics and why?
I'd probably have to say a lyric written by Richey Edwards from a Manic Street Preachers song called 'Peeled Apples'- "I once impersonated a shopwork dummy/The Levi jean has always been stronger than the Uzi". He has the rare ability to write about his personal life without alienating the listener, because he always uses his own experiences to make social statements.

What’s your favorite lyric that you’ve written and why?
It's hard to say because I always tend to find flaws in everything I write! If I had to choose I'd probably say a lyric from a track called 'DNA'- "It might be true that you're a no-one/But that's because there's no one like you." I like taking cliches or well known figures of speech and adjusting them slightly so that they take on a new meaning.

Who are your main musical influences?
My favourite band ever is Manic Street Preachers, because they have so much passion and belief about their music. At the opposite end of the spectrum I love Arctic Monkeys because they don't take themselves to serious, and Alex Turner's lyrics always make me laugh.

Where else do you find inspiration?
I love watching movies, so sometimes I like to put film references in my lyrics. In one of our latest tracks I managed to make a reference to Paul Newman and James Dean!

Do you have any guilty musical pleasures?
I'm quite into Motown music, and there's a 60's girl band called the Shangri-Las that I really like. Not sure if that's a guilty pleasure, but it's the cloest thing I can think of!

Does your band have any music released online so we can have a listen?
Yeah sure www.myspace.com/theyoungjack .

Could you give us a little playlist of cools songs we could listen to?
1. "Motorcycle Emptiness" by Manic Street Preachers
2. "Local Boy in the Photograph" by Stereophonics
3. "It's My Own Cheating Hear That Makes Me Cry" by Glasvegas
4. "Fistful of love" Anthony and the Johnsons
5. "Drinking in L.A" by Bran Van 3000
6. "Heaven Must Have Sent You" by The Elgins

These are six of my favourite songs of all time!

Where would your dream gig be?
Being Welsh I'd have to say the Millenium Stadium!
boysbygirls.co.uk

V.I.P.

Check out our stunning model Josh Weeks discovered by Vision Id Model & Scouting Agency based in Cardiff and is now placed with D1 Models London

visionidmodels.blogspot.com

Tags
josh, weeks