How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Hommes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2011
the mysteries

Kimanie Farquharson
Quote:
From Montego Bay, Jamaica, Kimanie was discovered by scout Jonathan Keller and has swept into New York like the coolest of breezes after a long hot summer. This guy is total perfection. It’s not often that we struggle with adjectives, but in the case of Kimanie, what can we say… just wow! Signed in the US exclusively with Hollywood Model Management, Kimanie has recently shot for Hercules Magazine with Paola Kudacki. A keen amateur chef, Kimanie only just missed out on a spot on Masterchef, but we hear a cookbook may be in the works. But now firmly entrenched in modeling, Kimanie is really cookin’ up a storm!

Full Name:
Kimanie Farquharson

Hair:
Black

Eyes:
Brown

Height:
183cm / 6′0″

Place of Origin:
Montego Bay, Jamaica

Date of Birth:
October 23

Mother Agency:
Jonathan Keller MGMT

Los Angeles:
Hollywood Model Management

models

30-10-2011
backstage pass

Beautiful !

Thank you Rubydon !!

Hope we will have more soon !!!

windowshopping

waow !! stunning boy , great skin !

Mr. Magic

Luar Zepol S/S 2015 New York

zimbio.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
12-09-2014
tfs star

Oldie but it hasn't been posted here.

Quote:
Trading Harvard for the runway

Published: Sunday | April 14, 2013

Jamaican Kimanie Farquharson puts Harvard MBA on hold for modelling. Contributed Photos

Dave Rodney, Contributor
Five young Jamaican models huddled around a Smart tv on location in New Jersey, riveted by a replay of the recent Schools' Challenge Quiz finals. While awaiting their turn for hair and make-up, one of the models kept yelling out a surprising number of correct answers. His apparent knowledge commanded the attention of the others who confronted him about his 'smarts'.
"I am somewhat of a nerd, but with abs," Montegonian Kimanie Farquharson confessed. The group laughed at the quip, but it turned out that he was right. Farquharson has in fact put an acceptance offer from Harvard University on hold to facilitate the immediate gamble on a career in international modelling.
Farquharson was accepted to Harvard Business School last summer for his MBA, having already graduated from Fordham University with a bachelor's degree in marketing and finance. "I had to sit down and have a conversation with myself to determine which way I wanted to go," he told Outlook. "I have a promising career in banking and was vice-president of commercial banking before the age of 25. But modeling brings me more joy and I want to take the plunge now, to see how far I can go."
He explained that his Harvard training would have been very expensive, and the hefty price tag helped him in making his decision to put school on hold while attaining some success in modelling.
exotic
The very articulate Bronx resident, who admits he was once fat, jetted off to Paris earlier this week to meet with potential agents, to help him penetrate the lucrative European market - an outreach orchestrated by his Jamaican agency, Saint International.
His tall, lanky frame and jet-black skin are considered exotic in the fashion capital that gave the world trendsetting designers such as Yves Saint Laurent, Coco Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Paco Rabanne.
"It is so ironic that the two things that other kids picked on me for while growing up (jet-black skin and way of speaking) are the exact same things that are now driving my career," he noted triumphantly.
Although he only dived into the world of fashion two years ago, he is extremely pleased with the way his career has escalated in such a short period of time.
After being included in an editorial spread for Christian Dior and a later posting on model.com as 'Model of the Week' with Jamaican roots, he was brought to the attention of Saint International who signed him, and he is now represented in New York by Q Agency.
It is entirely possible that Kimanie may go back to his old stomping ground of commercial and small business banking where he last worked at Bank of America. But for right now, the past student of Flankers All-Age School in Montego Bay and Dewitt Clinton High School in New York, is rolling the dice on enjoying smashing success as an international model.
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2.../out/out3.html

the mysteries

^interesting background!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
farquharson, kimanie