How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Hommes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-06-2011
Mr. Magic

twitter/systeme_D

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

Jean-Luc's Casting Call Diaries

thefashionisto

23-06-2011
tfs star

John Lawrence Sullivan S/S 2012 Paris

meetsen.blogspot.com

24-06-2011
V.I.P.

Issey Miyake SS12 Paris

fordmodelblog

25-06-2011
Mr. Magic

^ HQs

vogue

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
26-06-2011
V.I.P.

3.1 Phillip Lim SS12 Paris (O)

style

07-07-2011
V.I.P.

3.1 Phillip Lim Men S/S12
Ph: Eli Schmidt

models

25-07-2011
Mr. Magic

John Lawrence Sullivan SS12 Lookbook

Facebook/JLS

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
30-08-2011
V.I.P.

Show Package – New York S/S 12: Ford (Men)

models

01-09-2011
Mr. Magic

Quote:
In lieu of the recent tragedy that took place in Japan from the earthquake, we are taking time to showcase a rising talent from the Land of the Rising Sun. Sen Mitsuji, a model who has recently had the honor of gracing the editorials of VMAN magazine. The model has one peculiar difference from many models out there: he has a blog, which he started in order to tell his family he was alive and well since they flooded his mailbox with letters. Here is the interview we conducted with this happy-go-lucky model:

+SA: So, can you tell us a little about yourself?
SM: I’m Sen Mitsuji, 23, originally from Sydney, Australia, but I’m now based in Tokyo, Japan. I’m a big fan of frozen yogurt, Ari Marcopoulos, and weather forecasts. Next question (sic.)

+SA: Where are you from, family, education, past work, etc?
SM: My family all still live in Sydney. Apart from my parents I have a younger brother who’s19. Work related I’ve done everything from running my own company to tutoring mathematics, and even drove a truck while I was still attending the university.

+SA: How and where were you discovered?

SM: I was on an university exchange program in Tokyo. I was discovered whilst sweaty and smelly after an MGMT concert in Shibuya that was for the Japanese brand beauty and youth by United Arrows.

+SA: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Still modeling, going to school/graduating, etc?

SM: (Laughing) Life’s what happens when you’re busy making other plans. so I’m going to say I’ll be a forensic accountant for Staedler stationery and bank on it not coming true. I’ve already graduated college, and besides looking like I’m 14 but not young in reality, I doubt I’ll still be modeling.

+SA: Do you think being Japanese/Australian in this industry has helped you or closed some doors?

SM: For better or worse you’re never told to your face the reason you weren’t booked for something. It’s not discrimination, its just the brand’s prerogative.

I’d prefer not to think about it, but my genetics have allowed me to pursue this career in the first place so I’m happy.

+SA: We see that you have a blog, what’s it about and what do you like about your blog?

SM: Yes the blog is www.meetsen.blogspot.com. I moved to Tokyo 2 years ago, and when I did, I got sick of replying to stacks of emails that just wanted to know i was safe and sound. So I created a blog and thought the emails would stop. (Laughs) Wrong!

My blog is just a journal of the stuff I find visually interesting. Aesthetics are something everyone can relate to, you don’t need a degree to know what you like the look of.
so I stick to pictures.

+SA: It seems as though you have a pretty unique style, where did your love for fashion start?

SM: I studied psychology at the university, and I guess what I find most interesting and wonderful about fashion is the ability of something you wear to affect a real internal disposition. Wearing a suit before it becomes a necessity always makes every young guy feel like James Bond. I don’t mean to satirize fashion but that potential is awesome.
for me, just like with the photos in my blog, i like that you dont have to justify your clothes. I like what I like.

+SA: Anything you would like to add that wasn’t covered during the interview? Any Hobbies?

SM: I’ve just arrived back home in Sydney because of fears about the nuclear situation in Japan. I ask that at the very least take a moment to pray for those who have lost everything and for those whose future remains uncertain. For my part I plan to return to Tokyo as soon as I possibly can, and I promise to do all that I can to bring my wonderful hometown back to its busy, brilliant best!

We want to extend a big thank you to Sen Mitsuji for taking time out to answer our questions with his good natured humor. His love of fashion and personality are emblematic of the beauty that his native Japan has, and we hope for the best in his career. For more information on bookings go to Priscilla’s Model Management in Sydney at www.priscillas.com.au., I Love Models Management in Milan at www.ilovemodelsmanagement.com, Bananas Models in Paris at www.bananasmodels.com, and Be Natural Models in Tokyo at www.bnm-jp.com.
stylealternative

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
02-09-2011
V.I.P.

twitter/COACD

06-09-2011
backstage pass

This handsome boy runs his own blog which is filled with many pictures that he's taken and also work he's done

http://meetsen.blogspot.com/

06-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Thanks, I added it to the thread of model blogs as well
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96...1-a-96048.html

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

Richard Chai Love ss12 - New York

vogue.it

09-09-2011
Mr. Magic

dazeddigital.com