How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Hommes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2005
fashion insider

Infos
A native from Garland, just outside Dallas Texas, Tyson Ballou is stilling riding the highest wave in the fashion industry. He has appeared in every major designer's campaigns and every major fashion magazine that you can think of. Tyson Ballou is so hot that he has turned down invitations from many other designers who had sought out his talents.

A former basketball player for four years at North Garland High School, and the oldest of three sons of an ex-fireman, Tyson was always told to possess the certain star quality, but he was also remembered as a quiet kid by the folks back home. Susan Kaleta of Dallas' Page Parkes modeling agency, first met Tyson when he was a 15-year-old boy, who was so shy that he could barely speak. But Tyson's unique handsomeness, the very gentle personality, and amazing bone structure convinced her that Tyson was a star ready to be born.

For the next several years running, the agency filled his summer schedule with shoots for clients such as Fashion! Dallas, J.C. Penney and Foley's. Tyson graduated in high school in 1995, and enrolled in Richland College, having no idea what he wanted to do for life. Eventually, scouts from the New York-based Ford agency came calling and, by 1997, Mr. Ballou found himself working as a model in Manhattan, albeit a commuter jetting back and forth from Dallas.

In September 1998, Tyson switched to IMG (International Management Group) and made the commitment to live in Manhattan year-round. The people at his new agency, the IMG Men's Division are thrilled with Tyson's involvement, but they decided to add some edge to Tyson's already gorgeous looks. Tyson had his head shaven and looked "more military." Some of his friends in Garland weren't quite sure what to make of his transformation, but his mother Nancy, an assistant to an insurance underwriter loves it. She's been "extremely supportive," he says, and is never hesitant to show off his photo spreads to friends and family members.

Evidently, it worked. The billboard ads featuring Tyson started flashing everywhere, and he has become a popular to Milan and Paris to walk the runways. Tyson has been featured in such campaigns as Jil Sanders, DKNY, Hugo Boss Sport, Byblos, Moschino, Emporio Armani, Exte Acht, Samsonite, Perry Ellis, BCBG, Valentino Roma and Emporio Armani Fragrance. In addition, Tyson has appeared in L'uomo, Vogue, Jalouse, The Face, Harper's Bazaar, Arena Homme Plus, Visionaire, Numero, and W.

Tyson's father's tragic death took place when he was only 9, when the car his father was fixing fell and crushed on him. Tyson says. "He was a quiet guy, and I'm a lot like that. Modeling has helped bring me out of my shell and made me more sociable. I do remember he was easygoing, quiet, a good father. It made me grow up a little bit faster, being the oldest male around the house."

Many times Tyson's mistaken as a snob because of his quiet nature and shyness, but he just doesn't talk very much. This sensitive sweetie is supertight with his family and not conceited at all! He admits that he couldn't live without his mom and two brothers. He's allergic to cats, but otherwise he loves all animals. He would never go hunting, and he doesn't like zoos because he can't stand seeing animals being locked up in cages.

In terms of relationships, Tyson hasn't really settled down. It's been hard for him to have a regular girlfriend, since he's always traveling. Aggressive girls, take note! He likes a smart, down-to-earth, sweet girl who's willing to make the first move. When asked who's his ideal girl, he responds with: "She has to be real - totally down-to-earth. Eye color and hair color don't matter to me - there are so many different combinations that can make someone beautiful." Basketball remains Tyson's favorite way of keeping fit. He loves watching the game but, like many people in Dallas, reached an almost maddening level of frustration with the Dallas Mavericks years ago. Although the Mavericks won't draw him home, Tex-Mex will. He craves it - but only in small quantities. "Gotta stay in shape," he says with a smile. "I want to ride this out. It may not last long. You're often here and gone tomorrow, so I want to make it last a long time, as long as I can. It feels good, though, to know that I've gotten a very good start."

Name: Tyson Ballou
Born: 1976
Sign: Scorpio
Father: Larry Ballou (Died in 1984)
Mother: Nancy Ballou
Siblings: Two younger brothers, Noah and Brandon
Height: 6'2" / 187 cm
Weight: 180 lbs
Size: 40
Chest: 37
Waist: 31.5
Shoes: 10
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Dark Brown
Home Base: Dallas, Texas
Relationship: Dating fellow model Karolina Kurkova (rumour)
Ideal Woman: Funny, smart, tall, affectionate, beautiful smile, and gorgeous dark eyes and hair.
Favorite Place: The Maldives Islands
Agency:
IMG Models
New York

10-04-2005
backstage pass

:enter drool icon here:
WOW!!!! Fit or what?! Does he still model?

10-04-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy-t1
Does he still model?
Are you kidding?

He`s in the current Louis Vuitton Campaign!

10-04-2005
front row

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but Tyson Ballou's my favorite Male Model. He's the one that made me want to think about modeling myself.

Although it ended at just "thinking"

11-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin_Chic
Sign: Scorpio
no wonder he's so sexy sexy ~!

15-07-2005
windowshopping

Tyson Ballou
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tysonbal21.jpg (19.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg tysonballou4.jpg (117.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg tysonballouversace1.jpg (168.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg tysonballou22.jpg (161.5 KB, 300 views)

12-08-2005
backstage pass

ye.. tyson's pretty hot..but i can't find him newhere in the top 40s of model.com ...guess he's not doin too good.

12-08-2005
fashion icon

gosh, he's gorgeous

12-08-2005
fashion insider

no no no uh no! To much of a man! I want boys that looks like girls!

Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhphan
ye.. tyson's pretty hot..but i can't find him newhere in the top 40s of model.com ...guess he's not doin too good.
I know that for the women's models, after they reach their "peak" in the modeling world, they get moved onto a seperate list...not sure if that goes for the men as well though...

12-08-2005
backstage pass

naa...male models move to the unemployment category.. lol.. female models.. if they reach a peak... if they're really at their peak... then they stay as icons... male models move to the surreal life show! like marcus schekeinburg!!!!

12-08-2005
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

from Models.com

Visibility. That's what it's all about.
Though there are hundreds of male models booked for very good jobs everyday, only a choice group achieves that elusive ideal, booking those maximum visibility campaigns and editorials, shot by the world's most influential photographers.
Visibility is what the smart model converts into dollars and longevity, driving up his catalogue rates and converting his status from fad to fixture.
Tune into MODELS.com Top 50 listing and get the definitive fix on who those glamarous faces riding those giant billboards in ads for the star-making fashion giants (Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, DKNY, Gucci, Versace, Hugo Boss, Prada etc.), as well as gracing the pages of fashion bibles like Arena Homme Plus, L'Uomo Vogue,Vogues Hommes, V, Details, Dazed & Confused, The Face, GQ.
At the same time get a glimpse of the promising new faces that will be winging your way in the next few months.
And if you're missing out on your beloved favorites like Tyson Ballou, Gabriel Aubry,Ivan, Jason Shaw, Mark Vanderloo, Ryan Locke and Alex Lundquist then stay tuned for the unleashing of MDC's Top 50 Male Models Of All Times Listing.
It's going to be epic!

http://models.com/model_culture/50to...dels/index.cfm

12-08-2005
V.I.P.

Enforcing of policy starting today.
All photos and news items in supporting cast must be linked back to the source they were taken from. If they are taken from another site, they must be given credit. This has been our policy all along and it's time to enforce it.

IF YOU POST A PICTURE AND DO NOT GIVE CREDIT TO THE SOURCE IT WILL BE DELETED. Supporting cast is a hugh forum but it is going to dwindle down to nothing if pictures aren't credited. This is a legal matter that we have neglected to enforce for too long. Please help us out with this.

And by crediting it means you have to write the link to the website you found the images from on each post.
It is quiet impossible for us to click on every pictures trying to search for a source.

03-09-2005
princely

source: me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tyson.jpg (238.7 KB, 12 views)

24-09-2005
rising star

pics of him in dolce &gabanna show..cant remember wgich season
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tyson ballou.jpg (70.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg tyson ballou 2.jpg (21.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg tyson ballou 4.JPG (61.4 KB, 18 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ballou, tyson