How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World / Showlists
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2007
tfs star

why would rick owens be below dsquared?

15-10-2007
backstage pass

that's how it would rank if someone felt the more commercial shows were better. it's just more known by consumers

15-10-2007
front row

I look at the model showlists and they tell me nothing. So I am interested in what someone with more experience can see in a showlist.

Quote:
from Faith Akiyama: these two girls have completely different aesthetics to their look
That is true. The two girls in the example couldn't be more different in style and appearance.

Quote:
From Smokebreak: it really depends on the model, where her career is, and what she's looking for out of it.
Both girls in the example are doing their first show season.

15-10-2007
backstage pass

Okay first show season. Depends on how they're being promoted first with either commercial or high fashion aim. Also depends on if they're first priority is money or prestige. Also brand new girls tend to come in "packages" in their first seasons in which case an agency might propose one girl on the terms that another gets picked as well and vice versa.
In otherwords, a majority of one of those girls shows could have just been booked not because of her demand but because she came along in a package with another girl who clients wanted to book. It's a possibility, but it works regardless. There's no better or worse.

In your example, the model who did 10 shows skipped London and Milan. That's typically skipped when a girl is put on hold for an exclusive. Looks like the pattern that happens with Prada "holds" which most new faces get put on hold for anyway. If she didn't get an exclusive I'd say she had a rough start with only those 10. Some good shows but it's not much exposure. The one who did 15 was notable in Milan and will have more exposure but missed New York which a lot of people inside the industry ask about. Both I'd say didn't have the best first season :-/

15-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebreak View Post
In your example, the model who did 10 shows skipped London and Milan. That's typically skipped when a girl is put on hold for an exclusive. :-/

is that what happened to Daria few years ago? she was a no show especially in Paris and we were wondering what happened to her. then the buzz and talk got louder. rumors ensued. than all of the sudden we heard she wasn't feeling well , stayed home (in Canada) bla bla bla...

Last edited by smartarse; 15-10-2007 at 11:52 PM.
16-10-2007
fashion elite

^No, I think she skipped Paris because she had some growth on her nose or something.
If you look at pics from Milan that season, you can sort of see.

16-10-2007
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochas View Post
^No, I think she skipped Paris because she had some growth on her nose or something.
If you look at pics from Milan that season, you can sort of see.
Yes that's definetly what happened, she missed parts of Milan too if I remember correctly. The growth on her nose really wasn't attractive at all...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
models, rank, showlists, shows