How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Fashion Pack
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2010
V.I.P.

I was just thinking about her last, September issue cover star. I think Natalia Vodianova is a strong candidate for this cover, it's Aliona's last issue, they're friends, Natalia was with Aliona at her farewall party, she is most popular Russian model, she had issue dedicated to her and it would be logical if Aliona put her on the cover of her last issue. Also Natalia worked with M&M for Stella McCartney campaign and there was info September cover is shot by them.

30-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockalika View Post
Hey everyone. I am an assistant at Vogue Russia and today is her final day as our editor-in-chief. We literally just took the last group photo. Victoria Davydova is starting tomorrow, and I disagree with whoever said that she has no style and will fail. The explanation is easy. When Vogue Russia started in September '98, Victoria was a beauty editor, and then progressed to beauty director - a job that she kept for 5 years. She was then nominated as editor-in-chief for the Russian version of Glamour, which she introduced and brought to EXTREMELY big sales. A few years later the story repeated with Tatler, which (under her control) grew to a very successful and respected magazine. Today, most of the staff at Vogue came wearing black - yes, we are literally mourning the loss of our editor-in-chief. She is irreplaceable, and Vogue Russia is her empire. Hope this information clears something up.
it almost made me cry
I am really saddened by the news Aliona is leaving, she has done such an AMAZING job with Russian Vogue, she'll truely be missed as its editor, anyway good luck to her in whatever she chooses to do now, I am sure she will succeed, there is no way such an intelligent, determined, classy and smart woman will do not do well

Last edited by Sweet rus; 30-07-2010 at 08:00 AM.
30-07-2010
windowshopping

2 of our best editors have left with her - including Simon Robins. Another one is following soon.

tfs star

Quote:
2 of our best editors have left with her - including Simon Robins. Another one is following soon.
^Seriously? What the magazine is going to do now?

scenester

Quote:
really? and who are they? all fashion-team? are they do it by themselves or they have been fired by new editor-in-chief?

30-07-2010
tfs star

I'm sure they have left for themselves...

fashion elite

Can`t hold back my tears

farewell party video

30-07-2010
tfs star

From fashionologie:

Aliona Doletskaya Resigns from Vogue Russia, Is Replaced By Tatler Russia Editor-in-Chief

Founding Vogue Russia editor-in-chief Aliona Doletskaya, once rumored to be a candidate for Anna Wintour's job, resigned from the magazine yesterday after 12 years.

In a memo notifying staffers, Conde Nast International president Jonathan Newhouse wrote: ďSome time ago, Aliona Doletskaya told me that she would like to leave the Vogue Russia editor-in-chiefís post, which she has occupied for almost 13 years, and start a new life, probably to write a book or try her hand in a new field. As Russiaóas well as the rest of the worldówas still going through economically hard times, I asked Aliona to wait for a better time to do this. Now, itís obvious that we are coming out of the crisis, thus I donít want to interfere with Alionaís plans anymore. I accept her decision to leave the magazine with great sorrow.Ē

Today, Newhouse confirmed Tatler Russia editor-in-chief Victoria Davydova as Doletskaya's replacement, effective immediately. She previously served as Vogue's beauty editor until 2002, when she moved to become editor-in-chief of Russian Glamour (where she stayed until 2008, when she left for Tatler). At 40, she is the youngest current Vogue editor-in-chief.

So, this confirms she wasn't fired, she left Vogue for herself.

MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
What's her reason for leaving? So she got her team out? If it was her decision to leave, why is Simon leaving too?

V.I.P.

^ It a partnership. They worked so closely together and got along so well. Maybe he has better offers than working for Victoria. Do you think his artistic vision will be accepted by her?

31-07-2010
fashion elite

^I think Yanka talked about Aliona not about Mukhina

here is an interesting article about this situation at VR but it's in russian
http://www.gazeta.ru/column/rynska/3403115.shtml

31-07-2010
windowshopping

I read it. The author of this - Bozhena Rynska - is one ***please see tFS community rules***. Being a cheap little columnist on a ****ty web site compared to Doletskaya obviously played it's part. DAMN I WANT TO PUNCH HER!!!!

Last edited by sethii; 31-07-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: ***please see tFS community rules***
31-07-2010
MON
V.I.P.

^ Can you please tell us what it means. I translated it and all I got was wrong grammar and non sense

windowshopping

Briefly she dissed Aliona and the magazine in every way possible, saying that she was the only thing that made the magazine popular, that she couldn't write and neither could the rest of the (professional!) Vogue team. She said that one of our best editors (who also left with Aliona) was crawling on his knees to get interviews from cheap no-ones, which is obviously crap. He sat opposite me and was one of the most professional and dedicated people I ever met. One look at the picture of this ***please see tFS community rules*** tells enough about her.

Last edited by sethii; 31-07-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: ***please see tFS community rules***
31-07-2010
MON
V.I.P.

^ Who is she anyway? I'll be impressed in her writing if she made it into Vogue. No Vogue, cheap talk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aliona, doletskaya